Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 26, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #6,421 of 62,153
Apr 26, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #6,423 of 62,153
It looks as though there aren't any current lists of recommendations for True Wireless IEMS. Which IEM, True Wireless IEM, headphone, etc. to buy seems to be about half the questions posed on the site but often the lists available are several years old.

Can anyone provide an updated list of recommendations?

I do not have any true wireless IEMs, but from what I can tell, the rankings would be somewhat as below. Do you agree?

1. Jabra Elite Active 65t. - Well rounded but not the best in any particular category. Average battery life.
2. Mavin Air-X. - Great sound. Slightly bulky. Best battery life and range on market.
3. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless. - Good sound with strong bass but a bit bulky with clunky controls. Average battery life.
4. B&O E8. - Good sound with strong bass but a bit bulky with clunky controls. Average battery life.
5. Master & Dynamic MW07. - Great sound but extremely bulky compared to others. Average battery life.
6. Under Armour Sport Wireless. - Great sound. Slightly bulky. Clunky controls. Average battery life.
7. Earin M-2. - Average sound quality. Extremely compact. Below average battery life.
8. Samsung Galaxy Buds. - Average to poor sound quality, but are compact and easy to use. Average battery life.
9. Sabbat E12. - 'Chi-Fi' meaning unbranded Chinese product. Has good battery life and sound. Good price. Questionable build quality and warranty.

Also, ones to look forward to based on available information.

1. JBL Reflect Flow
2. Klipsch T5
3. JBL Tune120TWS
4. Libratone Track+

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #6,424 of 62,153
It looks as though there aren't any current lists of recommendations for True Wireless IEMS. Which IEM, True Wireless IEM, headphone, etc. to buy seems to be about half the questions posed on the site but often the lists available are several years old.

I do not have any true wireless IEMs, but from what I can tell, the rankings would be somewhat as below. Do you agree?

1. Jabra Elite Active 65t. - Well rounded but not the best in any particular category. Average battery life.
2. Mavin Air-X. - Great sound. Slightly bulky. Best battery life and range on market.
3. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless. - Good sound with strong bass but a bit bulky with clunky controls. Average battery life.
4. B&O E8. - Good sound with strong bass but a bit bulky with clunky controls. Average battery life.
5. Master & Dynamic MW07. - Great sound but extremely bulky compared to others. Average battery life.
6. Under Armour Sport Wireless. - Great sound. Slightly bulky. Clunky controls. Average battery life.
7. Earin M-2. - Average sound quality. Extremely compact. Below average battery life.
8. Samsung Galaxy Buds. - Average to poor sound quality, but are compact and easy to use. Average battery life.
9. Sabbat E12. - 'Chi-Fi' meaning unbranded Chinese product. Has good battery life and sound. Good price. Questionable build quality and warranty.

1. JBL Reflect Flow
2. Klipsch T5
3. JBL Tune120TWS
4. Libratone Track+

I definitely wouldn't call the e8 or MW07 bulky, any more than any TWS. Of course they're no Earins but they're pretty average for TWS.

The Momentum on the other hand was massive

probably depends on your ear/concha

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #6,425 of 62,153
I definitely wouldn't call the e8 or MW07 bulky, any more than any TWS. Of course they're no Earins but they're pretty average for TWS.

The Momentum on the other hand was massive

probably depends on your ear/concha
Agree. The MW07 didn't stick out much and even though it may have a larger "face", the design is pretty streamlined. I would also say the 65t has above-average battery life, but I do agree with mostly everything else (of the TWEs I've tested).

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #6,426 of 62,153
Any good tip recommendations? I've seen the Comply's mentioned in this thread but would love to see some other favourites here.

Just got my QCY T1's and do have to say I'm really impressed by the sound of these bad boys. From a straight SQ perspective, I enjoy them over my Jabra 65t's; just wish they were louder. Jabra's are a much brighter/energetic sound (which I prefer when I'm at the gym) but the QCYs sound stage and bass are amazing. Waiting for my Anbes' in the mail to compare further!

Thanks for all the great insight from everyone sharing in the thread!

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #6,427 of 62,153

1. JBL Reflect Flow
2. Klipsch T5
3. JBL Tune120TWS
4. Libratone Track+

I'd add 5. Creative Outlier Air to the list of look forward to. Out in approximately 2 weeks or so. BT5/IPX5/10hour run time/Good sound (based on reviews)/Under £80

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #6,428 of 62,153
Thanks I'll probably pick them up when they go on sale. Are getting them? Those Creative for $79 look good I might bite after I get the QC T2. :) clay I edited my last post go look at it.
Just saw your updated post, really appreciate the feedback!
I've decided to go with the 359s and skip waiting for the QCY to release their new model internationally. I feel like the QCY T2 will just end up being way above their MSRP price on Aliexpress, and I'll regret not taking the 27$ deal on the Anbes. In fact, a few days ago, for a short time, the T2 was listed on Aliexpress for 60$:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...lgo_pvid=8963e7c9-4891-493b-bcf7-f3315fbf7006
I don't think it's worth paying double the price of T1C/QS1 for a redesigned case and volume control, but same SQ.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #6,429 of 62,153
Just saw your updated post, really appreciate the feedback!
I've decided to go with the 359s and skip waiting for the QCY to release their new model internationally. I feel like the QCY T2 will just end up being way above their MSRP price on Aliexpress after release, and I'll regret not taking the 27$ deal on the Anbes. In fact, a few days ago, for a short time, the T2 was listed on Aliexpress for 60$:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...lgo_pvid=8963e7c9-4891-493b-bcf7-f3315fbf7006
I don't think it's worth paying double the price of T1C/QS1 for a redesigned case and volume control, but same SQ.

Just wait until 11.11. It will likely be $25-$30

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #6,430 of 62,153
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #6,431 of 62,153
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #6,432 of 62,153
It's not that no one's interested, it's a case of buyer beware when it comes to crowdfunded tech. I'm glad I'm paying a bit more though, from a UK outfit with Creative, rather than gambling on a crowdfunded product.

If anyone is interested in the reviews for the creative buds:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=creative+outlier+air&atb=v139-1&ia=web
Yeah I thought that too, but still 8hrs. :) I bought my first TWS the Funcl W1($20 now $40ish) from Indiegogo and yes I had to wait awhile, but I got them and thought they were a good bargain, although no volume control. I now stand at 5 different pairs of TWS and nothing come close to the Anbes.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #6,434 of 62,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back