Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 5, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #6,016 of 62,573
I thought I was hearing things after having my NT01AX replaced today due to peeling of the chrome finish on the left earpiece.

They sound even better and bass is clearly nicer and more pronounced. I believe the previous pair was a MSY2 while this new one is MT3.

QC of the NT01AX is not that good though, cause this replacement set does have some other cosmetic flaws (but better than peeling gold chrome).

img_175067_8.jpg

Well, I got the new NT01AX. Mine is also an MT3, yay! The bass does sound more pronounced, I actually preferred the lighter touch from before, but those highs and mids are just as delicious as I remember. Best news is that this unit has absolutely NO buzzing sounds my previous unit had. I am extremely happy! Looks like I am done with TWE for a long while, and actually with audio in general. I just don't feel like there is a better balance of sound quality, comfort and convenience at the moment, and I get my earbud and IEM versions done. It all feels so perfect!

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #6,017 of 62,573
Well, I got the new NT01AX. Mine is also an MT3, yay! The bass does sound more pronounced, I actually preferred the lighter touch from before, but those highs and mids are just as delicious as I remember. Best news is that this unit has absolutely NO buzzing sounds my previous unit had. I am extremely happy! Looks like I am done with TWE for a long while, and actually with audio in general. I just don't feel like there is a better balance of sound quality, comfort and convenience at the moment, and I get my earbud and IEM versions done. It all feels so perfect!
Where did you buy these?

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #6,018 of 62,573

Exactly! Better deeper bass without affecting the mids and highs, making them sound more exciting. I do hope they'll make a concession and allow for another exchange so I can get one in perfect condition. Pray for me! :D

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #6,019 of 62,573
Where did you buy these?

Amazon Japan, since I am from Japan. I could have gotten them cheaper in person at e-earphones, but I had a bunch of Amazon credit.

They still have ground noise hiss that is constant, which I feel is due in part to the good seal since I hear the same start pop from the Sabbat when it connects at first, but the drivers are farther away and don't seal. What dissapeared though is the annoying high pitch noises when I paused it, or random beeping noise like there is some robot chattering going on. It looks like they changed the way it hooks up by Bluetooth too, you used to have to connect both the left and right earbud separately, but not anymore.

My god, the texture on the instruments is amazing. Pianos, drums, and strings are all super impactful.

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #6,020 of 62,573
Exactly! Better deeper bass without affecting the mids and highs, making them sound more exciting. I do hope they'll make a concession and allow for another exchange so I can get one in perfect condition. Pray for me! :D

Doesn't hurt to try :wink:
I really missed their sound, even with the ER4XR on the ES100 lying around. They sound extremely realistic, but in a different way, which is great!

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #6,022 of 62,573
Looks like I found their clone on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Ricockpit-RO...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YJFNK9XAAFXKVSSPJ0D2 wonder how they sound? maybe i'll pick them up and see.

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #6,024 of 62,573
the sennheiser momentum truewireless had a firmware update for android devices earlier this week, but today I noticed they have an update on the app also, just a heads up guys!

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #6,026 of 62,573
I just found out the Powerbeats Pro will not have an ambient mode. As a commuter, this is a fairly important feature I'd like to have.

Is this something that can be added later on via a software update?

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #6,027 of 62,573
You are one persuasive head-fier. I ordered 4 sets from your RS link as they have a BOGO right now. With shipping it came to just over $11 - not bad.

I’m sure you’ll love the Auvios. I use them on a lot of my IEMs, not just the QS1/T1C.

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #6,029 of 62,573
Any reason to think sq or drivers would be different?

Quite a few reasons actually. NT01AX are graphene drivers and the are HDSS certified. They use APTX with the QCC3026 chip.
Nuarl has other cheaper NT01s in their lines, and they are not as popular, especially the NT01L series has poor reviews. That one looks like their NT01L more in shape, which is much cheaper here in Japan. You might only be saving 20-30$ compared to the cheaper models. That being said, other than APTX and Graphene Drivers, the NT01B sounds very close, and also has HDSS certified drivers. They go for about 80$ sometimes, which is half the price, and gives you 90% of the sound.

I was able to afford the higher model and felt it was worth it since they are putting a lot of work in it with firmware updates, and AAC sometimes doesn't work well with my gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back