Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 5, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #6,032 of 62,431
Any idea how would they compare to the Victor JVC spiral dots? They appear to have the same wide bore. I ordered auvios from radioshack didn't pay for express shipping so it's going to be a couple weeks until they get here.

They are basically a ‘poor man’s Spiral Dot’.

Apr 5, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #6,034 of 62,431
And what kind of tips is that? I have nothing in my collection with that kind of wide bore. Would love to try one on the QCY.

Did we find out which tips these were?

it's some really generic and cheap wide bores that i purchased from a local online store in my country
https://www.jakartanotebook.com/silicon-earbuds-50-degree-for-earphone-black

i almost exclusively only use this product for wide bore solution (beside the JVC spiral dots and the Tennmak whirlwinds)

i did a google image search for it and found this on aliexpress, i hope it is the same product as they are using the same picture

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot...&terminal_id=fccfab85825a47e5ad87c4ae3a46d856

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #6,035 of 62,431
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a budget true wireless (TWS) in-ear.
My budget is around 50$. From my googling around, some were caught my attention:
• Jlab Jbuds Air
• SoundPEAT True Free ( variant Q29 and Q32 make me confusing, I mean on the SoundPEAT page, they have only True Free version when I surf around, can not find Q29, but Q32 which leads me think only for Japan market)
• TOZO T10 (rank #6 on Amazon best seller IE headphones)
• More on TWS on Amazon best seller IE headphones list
My priority following: Sound quality > Durability > Battery > Functionality.
Additionally, I seriously consider about whether they'll fit my ears or not, but since almost of IEs allows to swap their ear-tips, I'll let it as it would be.
Sorry for my bad English, I appreciate for any advice or suggestion.

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #6,036 of 62,431
SoundPEAT True Free ( variant Q29 and Q32 make me confusing, I mean on the SoundPEAT page, they have only True Free version when I surf around, can not find Q29, but Q32 which leads me think only for Japan market)
I believe SoundPEATS True Free are re-brand of a highly regraded here QCY T1c. As with QCY, other versions that have same looking earbuds differ only in a better charging case that has a lid and bigger capacity. I had T1c and liked the sound - quite balanced, clear and neutral with a little rolled off but pleasant highs. SQ is definitely no worse than $150 Jabra 65t. But construction is meh, charging case doesn't have a lid, there's no resident volume control and no USB-C. So I replaced them by Anbes 359 which for $36 I highly recommend. They sound more bassy and more spacious but less neutral than T1c. Still pretty good and in similar vein. And they also have a novelty UFO-shaped case with a lid and USB-C, volume controls, they go much louder, better construction and materials, better mic and they fit my ears better. Since everyone's ears are different, like with any IEMs be prepared to roll your own tips and be aware that not all non-stock tips will fit into a charging case. Btw, your written English is much better than that of many natives :).

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #6,038 of 62,431
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a budget true wireless (TWS) in-ear.
My budget is around 50$. From my googling around, some were caught my attention:
• Jlab Jbuds Air
• SoundPEAT True Free ( variant Q29 and Q32 make me confusing, I mean on the SoundPEAT page, they have only True Free version when I surf around, can not find Q29, but Q32 which leads me think only for Japan market)
• TOZO T10 (rank #6 on Amazon best seller IE headphones)
• More on TWS on Amazon best seller IE headphones list
My priority following: Sound quality > Durability > Battery > Functionality.
Additionally, I seriously consider about whether they'll fit my ears or not, but since almost of IEs allows to swap their ear-tips, I'll let it as it would be.
Sorry for my bad English, I appreciate for any advice or suggestion.

the QCY T1C is a great pick. also others here mention the Anbes 359 and Tiso i4 as their favorite.
my two other favorite are the Sabbat X12 Pro and Mifo o5 standard version. both are priced near the 50usd mark if you shop around

Apr 5, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #6,040 of 62,431
I just found out the Powerbeats Pro will not have an ambient mode. As a commuter, this is a fairly important feature I'd like to have.

Is this something that can be added later on via a software update?

It certainly could as the hardware capability is there, but I wouldn’t buy them counting on it happening. If they didn’t include the feature in the first place they possibly don’t think it is worth their while (although I would definitely agree with you that it is a useful feature).

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #6,041 of 62,431
Are the NT01AX the best TW buds atm?

Sound profile?

If I order them from Japan Amazon whats the seller to order them from?

Thank you in advance!

Hard to say. They along with the MW07 were my favorite, sound wise. They are much cheaper than the MW07 and the battery lasts 3 times longer, but the finish and build quality is less good, especially the case.

They are neutral in sound. It is a requirement of HDSS certification for the sound to have as little coloring as possible.

From outside Japan I am not sure the best place to get them...Amazon any seller with a rating over 90 and a few hundred transactions should be fine. You can also try ordering from them directly.

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #6,044 of 62,431
Hard to say. They along with the MW07 were my favorite, sound wise. They are much cheaper than the MW07 and the battery lasts 3 times longer, but the finish and build quality is less good, especially the case.

They are neutral in sound. It is a requirement of HDSS certification for the sound to have as little coloring as possible.

From outside Japan I am not sure the best place to get them...Amazon any seller with a rating over 90 and a few hundred transactions should be fine. You can also try ordering from them directly.

Would be interesting to listen for difference on the mavin and NT01AX , not prepared to pay for it though. Looks like the tax man forgot about the mavin hopefully. do like them but in one ear have to adjust the button press so it dont jam it in.

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #6,045 of 62,431
Nope, that's why I have the Sabbat X12 pro. Better than any ambient mode I have tried to be honest.

Yeah, but they got neither an EQ or APTX ..

I guess I'll have to wait some time more for a perfect pair of True Wireless... My current pair is the Sennheiser TMW, which are really good in terms of SQ, but lacks in many areas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back