Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 4, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #5,296 of 62,437
Has anyone ever heard of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9PJJX1

A fellow HeadFier loves them, but they’re almost double in price compared to the QCY Q1S. I’m wondering which one might be better.

I need not only music, but good performance for phone calls. I know that’s asking a lot for TWS IEMs, as the microphone is so far away from your mouth. But I already have a TWS setup I’m happy with (TRN BT20), so I need to justify getting yet another Bluetooth IEM.

Or is there another one I should consider that has superior phone calling performance? I’m primarily going to be using it when driving, so there would be typical in-cabin road noise and such.

Thanks!
Jabras are known for great call and sound quality. I have the Jabra Elite 65t active and they sound good (used primarily at the gym) and call quality is the best from the few other TWS I have.

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #5,297 of 62,437
Has anyone ever heard of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9PJJX1

A fellow HeadFier loves them, but they’re almost double in price compared to the QCY Q1S. I’m wondering which one might be better.

I need not only music, but good performance for phone calls. I know that’s asking a lot for TWS IEMs, as the microphone is so far away from your mouth. But I already have a TWS setup I’m happy with (TRN BT20), so I need to justify getting yet another Bluetooth IEM.

Or is there another one I should consider that has superior phone calling performance? I’m primarily going to be using it when driving, so there would be typical in-cabin road noise and such.

Thanks!
These are available under different names, but yes, they all get good reviews. Regular checking Ali to see if I can get one cheaper... and actually delivered in the Netherlands.

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #5,298 of 62,437
These are available under different names, but yes, they all get good reviews. Regular checking Ali to see if I can get one cheaper... and actually delivered in the Netherlands.
What the lowest price you've seen them?

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #5,299 of 62,437
Mar 4, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #5,300 of 62,437
Jabras are known for great call and sound quality. I have the Jabra Elite 65t active and they sound good (used primarily at the gym) and call quality is the best from the few other TWS I have.
I would have to agree. The 65t has, hands down, the best call quality of the current crop out there. Audio is "solid", but won't "WOW" you. They are like cheese pizza. Good, but I could use some pepperoni.
I thought you weren't going to buy any more gear? :L3000:

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #5,301 of 62,437
I thought you weren't going to buy any more gear? :L3000:

I’m likely taking a new job where I’ll be doing a lot of driving and field service work. 90% of what I own is wired, so it would be nice to have a TWS that I can use for music but more importantly call quality.

The BT20 is good for music, but not calls.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #5,302 of 62,437
I’m likely taking a new job where I’ll be doing a lot of driving and field service work. 90% of what I own is wired, so it would be nice to have a TWS that I can use for music but more importantly call quality.

The BT20 is good for music, but not calls.
The MTW are good for music and should be getting a firmware update to improve call quality (and case drain issue). If the update is what it's cracked up to be, it may be a compelling option. Presently, however, I would fully recommend the 65t, especially if the calls are business related.

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #5,303 of 62,437
Mar 4, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #5,304 of 62,437

what's their name on aliexpress? do you have any links?

Mar 4, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #5,305 of 62,437

I understand this quote, but I have to add a word of caution which may be related to Jabra products in general and not specific to 65t, as I have not tried the 65t. In the past, I have tried a couple of Jabra products which did not meet good call quality standards (Jabra Halo smart, Jabra Elite 65e). Specifically, there was very poor management of ambient noise to the person on the other end, despite the marketing claims. Jabra, as a company seems to differentiate between their professional headsets vs their consumer model. For instance, I also use the Evolve 65 which has outstanding call/mic quality. Just a friendly word of caution.

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #5,306 of 62,437
what's their name on aliexpress? do you have any links?
Oh man, I have way too many favorites on Ali to find it quick again. I'll share when I bump into them again!

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #5,307 of 62,437
anybody else here who has the E12 can check the battery life? mine is embarrassingly short clocking at around 2 hours of continuous play (especially compared to the X12 and Mifo at around 7 hours). i contacted the seller and they just brushed it off and say that the 6 to 7 hours is on standby only..i think it's a funny and desperate response to avoid dispute.

it still charges fast, only taking a few minutes to reach full. it makes me think that something is wrong with how my unit charges itself.

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #5,308 of 62,437
Just got he Senneheiser Momentum True wireless, all and all they sound great, there just some software related issues. I'm sure they will be perfected in the next 2-3 generation.

Fit/Comfort and SQ is spot on, battery is just decent, software is so so.

Mine only costed about 190 Euros since i bought them used, not sure I'd pay the full price unless they sit down and fix the software.

Mar 5, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #5,309 of 62,437
I’m in the market for some new ‘normal’ Bluetooth iems or true Wireless earbuds.

Too priority is SQ followed by fit and last is battery life. Looks like the Senny MTW is the one to go for?

How do these buds compare to wired bluetooth iems?

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #5,310 of 62,437
I’m in the market for some new ‘normal’ Bluetooth iems or true Wireless earbuds.

Too priority is SQ followed by fit and last is battery life. Looks like the Senny MTW is the one to go for?

How do these buds compare to wired bluetooth iems?

If SQ is top priority I would go with the Master and Dynamic MW07s. Have had both and personally much prefer the MW07.

It now comes in 3 more colours :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back