Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 6, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #5,326 of 62,573
Mine don't sound anywhere near thin at all, maybe you had one of the defective ones as some people have reported. I to enjoy the sound of the MW07 but like I noted the E8s are no slouch either.

Thin maybe not the right expression. I liked them, but the MW07 have that special something about them and I couldn't sell the E8 fast enough lol

Mar 6, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #5,327 of 62,573
BTW, I just received the airpods sleeves and tried them on the Sabbat X12 pro. I need to cut a little bit on the bottom to make a perfect fit, but it's an easy job. They add a bit more friction and comfort to me. Still not enough for working out, though.

Received mine from AE too. Did you have to do a cut on the opposite side of the nozzle ? I can't quite "tuck" mine there. Even like that they do the job and the SQ is a bit improved over the "sponge" option, they also stick out less.

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #5,328 of 62,573
MW07 still my favorites, followed by Bose Soundsport Free (though I would not wear the latter outside of the house). I just got in the Mavin Air-X and I'm pleasantly surprised. Perhaps, I shouldn't be, as they are an over-$100 set on Amazon. For my ears, I get the best secure seal with the included large tips and no silicone sleeve.

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #5,329 of 62,573
MW07 still my favorites, followed by Bose Soundsport Free (though I would not wear the latter outside of the house). I just got in the Mavin Air-X and I'm pleasantly surprised. Perhaps, I shouldn't be, as they are an over-$100 set on Amazon. For my ears, I get the best secure seal with the included large tips and no silicone sleeve.

I am actually surprised by the sound of many recent TWE I tried, they all really nail the tuning with that form factor.
What the Mavins really bring to the table though is their range and stability if true. Have you had a walk around the house away from your source? What about listening while the microwave is on?

Try the Spinfit CP350, they are absolutely amazing and are made for TWE. They have a super small profile and an oval shape. At first it feels like you don't have a seal, but you actually have a great one! Most comfortable silicones I ever tried.

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #5,330 of 62,573

I've seen a few people wearing the Bose on the commute and boy do those things stick out! They look like small submarines poking outside your ears!

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #5,331 of 62,573
I've seen a few people wearing the Bose on the commute and boy do those things stick out! They look like small submarines poking outside your ears!

531A2F85-FE60-44EB-85D3-20029AC6ADF8.jpeg

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #5,334 of 62,573
Just downloaded and installed MTW firmware v1.25. Not sure from description if this is the update that will resolve the case/battery charge issue, but I sure hope so. The bullet points on the iPhone update app says "Connectivity improvements and performance optimization" (the other three don't mention case, battery or any such thing related to the case). It does however apparently fix the strange battery level indicator imbalance, now offering "one common battery indicator for earbuds." Does that mean if it says 100% that is actually the case for each bud? Hope so. I also hope this is the update that fixes the fact the case can't hold a charge past 1-2 days of being unplugged. You'd think they would mention that, right?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #5,335 of 62,573
Just downloaded and installed MTW firmware v1.25. Not sure from description if this is the update that will resolve the case/battery charge issue, but I sure hope so. The bullet points on the iPhone update app says "Connectivity improvements and performance optimization" (the other three don't mention case, battery or any such thing related to the case). It does however apparently fix the strange battery level indicator imbalance, now offering "one common battery indicator for earbuds." Does that mean if it says 100% that is actually the case for each bud? Hope so. I also hope this is the update that fixes the fact the case can't hold a charge past 1-2 days of being unplugged. You'd think they would mention that, right?
Crackle on the right still there?

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #5,336 of 62,573
No crackle for me, but never had one. Listening right now. That sounds like a faulty pair. Went to Amazon Music, played Shards of Heart, no crackle. There is a slight clicking noise when I move the equalizer dot, but otherwise, silent.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #5,338 of 62,573
Received mine from AE too. Did you have to do a cut on the opposite side of the nozzle ? I can't quite "tuck" mine there. Even like that they do the job and the SQ is a bit improved over the "sponge" option, they also stick out less.
No, only the bottom of it. Now that I only use them for watching TV, I actually don't use the sleeves or sponges anymore. They work great pairing with a BT transmitter supporting AAC codec.
After trying different TWEs, I end up using Sabbat X12 pro at home, and Mifo O5 pro and earin M2 for gym. Mifo O5 pro was an impulsive buy, but they're surprisingly a good all rounder. They sound pleasant though not outstanding, but the fit, comfort, connection, and battery life are all excellent. I'm even thinking about putting earin M2 on sale here...

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #5,339 of 62,573
I am actually surprised by the sound of many recent TWE I tried, they all really nail the tuning with that form factor.
What the Mavins really bring to the table though is their range and stability if true. Have you had a walk around the house away from your source? What about listening while the microwave is on?

Try the Spinfit CP350, they are absolutely amazing and are made for TWE. They have a super small profile and an oval shape. At first it feels like you don't have a seal, but you actually have a great one! Most comfortable silicones I ever tried.

If I could find it in large, I'd give it a try. Every other spinfit I've tried (for various IEMs, not for TW, though) was too small to make a seal for me, even in the large size

Users who are viewing this thread

Back