Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 19, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #5,071 of 62,435
I'm sure I'll drop these into the sink/bathtub, so need to buy 2 pairs at a time, or get some with superior water resistance rating. Though if I just go for the clunky/bulky TRN adapter/KZ 7 setup, I can spend <$100, and wait another 6-12mo for something better in tiny TWEs with longer runtimes, better SQ etc, that more than likely will appear :)

i dunked the Mifo o5 in a glass of water, used it in showers and bathtubs, it survives just fine. now that is a product that brings me a peace of mind :ksc75smile:

Does aptx be a bigger difference than just supporting aac? Also, you have any idea of battery life, usb-c, price? I assume since it will be on indiegogo, it will be cheaper for early buyers.

between Aptx and AAC, i think the difference is really minimal unless i over-analyze. to my experience the AAC has a slightly smoother treble and fuller bass feel, while Aptx is slightly cleaner/leaner in bass and a bit more sparkle in treble. but again, the difference is really small that most of the time i don't care.

SBC though, it's more squashed/flatter in soundstage depth and a bit harsher in treble. although hearing garage rock or indie music on SBC are rather exciting

all in all, i nowadays i just view them like changing cables: each has their uses

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #5,072 of 62,435
My MW07s came in yesterday and I’m now playing around with fit and tip selection. So far, so good, although I have yet to do a proper A/B comparison against my MTWs. Am I the only person who finds that no fit wings at all is better than even the small ones? I must have really small ears (but average/slightly larger than average size ear canals, since I tend to fit medium size tips from all brands or the occasional large size).

-Ed

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #5,073 of 62,435
i dunked the Mifo o5 in a glass of water, used it in showers and bathtubs, it survives just fine. now that is a product that brings me a peace of mind :ksc75smile:

between Aptx and AAC, i think the difference is really minimal unless i over-analyze. to my experience the AAC has a slightly smoother treble and fuller bass feel, while Aptx is slightly cleaner/leaner in bass and a bit more sparkle in treble. but again, the difference is really small that most of the time i don't care.

SBC though, it's more squashed/flatter in soundstage depth and a bit harsher in treble. although hearing garage rock or indie music on SBC are rather exciting

all in all, i nowadays i just view them like changing cables: each has their uses
Yes! Thank you! Tuning is so much more important than codecs.

Some of the worst wireless headphones and IEMs I have have Aptx, the best sounding ones all don't.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #5,075 of 62,435
Feb 20, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #5,076 of 62,435
What's so special about them ? I noticed they mentioned "noise isolation" in the summary but it turns out it's just passive isolation up to 23dB...that's bound to give some bad "thumping" when walking/running too.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #5,078 of 62,435
The Advanced true wireless buds are on Indiegogo now: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/model-x-true-wireless-the-best-sound-earbuds#/

Impressed with a lot of that but going to be the guy that whines about no USB-C in 2019...

Sorry, but I dont see anything special here that has not been pumped out by countless other indiegogo\kickstarter campaigns.
I would not chance it with tws on any crowd platform. Think I have 10 different ones saved on indiegogo, fun reading comments if I ever decide to try kickstarter again.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #5,079 of 62,435
Looks like USB-C to me, based off the schematics at end of the page.

To me, both the schematics and the promo pic on the email both look like Micro USB, as it has that v-shaped port design vs the rounded USB-C port. May be wrong, although if I am, strange they don't mention the charging port whatsoever when I think USB-C is a pretty appealing feature to many right now.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #5,080 of 62,435
Sorry, but I dont see anything special here that has not been pumped out by countless other indiegogo\kickstarter campaigns.
I would not chance it with tws on any crowd platform. Think I have 10 different ones saved on indiegogo, fun reading comments if I ever decide to try kickstarter again.

10 mm graphene coated drivers and a company with a solid track record of making both low end affordable and very high end headphones makes this MUCH more interesting then some brand new indiegogo start up. I think there is virtually zero chance these won't be delivered and zero chance they won't punch above their price class. Could they be delayed? Most likely but I've just learned to accept that virtually every crowdfunded product will be. Even Audeze had trouble delivering the Mobius on time. For $69, I'll forget about these until they show up at my door whenever that may be.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #5,081 of 62,435
I kind of get tired/fatigued from reading claims by indie US manufacturers, who should be held to same standards as their likewise less expensive ‘Chi-Fi’ counterparts (since many of these American/EU companies are getting the whole unit made in China, or obtain part from).

Prime example is this Advanced Sound Model-X announcement for indiego. Just $69 if you order soon, but typical BS marketing on this page, the usual we used a graphene driver…BORING!!!, our TWEs run all day long(only with included charging case, actual runtime of the earbuds could be as little as 1hr, lol) or years/even decades with optional nuclear powered charging case:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/model-x-true-wireless-the-best-sound-earbuds#/

Anyone think there is a Realtek SoC in these, or something even cheaper...24bit signal path, integral 'high quality' DAC like Qualcomms premium SoC, qcc5121???

Supported Codec: AAC-LC / AAC / SBC

Wait until May? What, we will likely get Qualcomm qcc5121, in iMore & Mavin-ANC TWEs (for those not keeping track, qcc5121 has built-in hybrid style ANC) by summer also, I’ll wait for reviews and pass on AS’s BS mktng.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #5,082 of 62,435
10 mm graphene coated drivers and a company with a solid track record of making both low end affordable and very high end headphones makes this MUCH more interesting then some brand new indiegogo start up. I think there is virtually zero chance these won't be delivered and zero chance they won't punch above their price class. Could they be delayed? Most likely but I've just learned to accept that virtually every crowdfunded product will be. Even Audeze had trouble delivering the Mobius on time. For $69, I'll forget about these until they show up at my door whenever that may be.

the Sabbat also uses 10mm drivers, but i don't think it was graphene though. it would be interesting to see how the advanced fare against them

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #5,083 of 62,435
I kind of get tired/fatigued from reading claims by indie US manufacturers, who should be held to same standards as their likewise less expensive ‘Chi-Fi’ counterparts (since many of these American/EU companies are getting the whole unit made in China, or obtain part from).

Prime example is this Advanced Sound Model-X announcement for indiego. Just $69 if you order soon, but typical BS marketing on this page, the usual we used a graphene driver…BORING!!!, our TWEs run all day long(only with included charging case, actual runtime of the earbuds could be as little as 1hr, lol) or years/even decades with optional nuclear powered charging case:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/model-x-true-wireless-the-best-sound-earbuds#/

Anyone think there is a Realtek SoC in these, or something even cheaper...24bit signal path, integral 'high quality' DAC like Qualcomms premium SoC, qcc5121???

Wait until May? What, we will likely get Qualcomm qcc5121, in iMore & Mavin-ANC TWEs (for those not keeping track, qcc5121 has built-in hybrid style ANC) by summer also, I’ll wait for reviews and pass on AS’s BS mktng.

Ouch. A company like Advanced has a lot to lose if these are a big fail. Accountability is part of it. These are priced similarly to their Chi-Fi counterparts so I am not sure what there is to complain about. If they were asking $150 with last gen specs that would be different. By the way, companies like RHA, Audio Technica, Jlab and others are basically selling the same stuff with last gen specs for a premium US price. Take a look at RHA's marketing materials. Not sure why you are singling out Advanced here. I personally have found the Chi-Fi stuff to be worth exactly what I paid for them and never more. They always have issues. Nothing wrong with them but they typically do not compete with major brand releases in the areas I care about the most.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #5,084 of 62,435

you forgot the model x also auto pairs..wow Probably realtek RTL8763B.

Got the mavin with qualcomm 3026, now waiting for the qcc5100 series with apt-x hd. What would be best is qcc5100 series with ambient mode.
https://www.realtek.com/en/products/communications-network-ics/item/rtl8763b

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #5,085 of 62,435

They don't look like them, but those talking points sound just like the Zolo/Soundcore (Anker) playbook. Same "graphene driver," same 5hr/25hr, same "auto pairing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back