1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340
342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351
Next

Last
  1. Edward Ng
    Or could it be inconsistent manufacturing?

-Ed

2. KarimLeVallois
    I agree, the MW07 don't sound veiled to me at all, the opposite in fact.

3. clerkpalmer
    I think it’s probably just a subjective thing but your description does make me wonder if your mw07 are defective. I would not consider them veiled but mtw is definitely more forward sounding.

4. chinmie
    from what i gather from reviews, it's always a toss up between the MTW and the MW07 when talking about the sound. that's a good thing, so they are pretty much equal in sound, with choice only weighted by preference

5. howdy
    I was thinking of getting the Jabra Elite 65T today for use at the gym. How are You liking yours? Any issues with them, especially in a gym or crowded area?

sly_in_the_sky likes this.
  6. sly_in_the_sky
    Hello,

I have bought plenty of TW Iems but at the end, the one and only that I keep is the Jabra, the first I bought. I find them to be very comfy and isolation is quite good even in crowded places with the stock large tips. For gym they are better than any of the other TWs I owned except perhaps the Earin that are a little bit more comfy and have a better fit. Soundwise, I find the 65t to do the job when you are outside and you don't focus on critical listening... I think at the end, I will allways keep them... in my experience, best overall option...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Bartig and howdy like this.
  7. MulberryMadness
    Head-Fi has so many fans/followers these days: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/02/20/samsungs-galaxy-buds-coming-march-8th-for-129/

Rflmao, comments ^: “I can imagine Head Fi furiously foaming at their mouths over Samsung calling these “buds”...lol. They harass anyone calling earbuds anything but canalphones. You can’t even call them “IEMs”.”

So yet another proprietary codec, like we need yet another? And of course since Apple has a billion ip’s in circulation, obligatory AAC codec is on competing products, as Samsung seems perpetually trying to out do Apple...will Apple bring out a folding sp nxt yr @$2k, or will Samsung’s ‘fold’ when significant sales fail to materialize?

They connect via Bluetooth 5.0 and use a proprietary Samsung "scalable" codec, along with AAC and SBC. It's unclear how this compares to AptX, but hopefully it's competitive. For what it's worth, the audio is tuned by AKG like most other Samsung products. The buds also have Bixby integration, and they sync instantly with Galaxy smartphones. So, you've got that to look forward to when the Galaxy Buds launch on March 8th.”

Like the new Galaxy smartphones, the buds are priced just below what the competing Apple product is selling for.

Can’t find anything useful on LG’s soon to be release flagship(s) lg v50 &G8, as far as any audio changes/improvements. I couldn’t find anything meaningful in the proposed BT 5.1 spec, and there is nothing on the SIG about potential BT 6.0.

8. SomeGuyDude
    Of course we don't "need" a new codec, but boy it's great to try and force people to buy your product and trap you in their ecosystem. Proprietary means I ain't touching it. Don't care if they're really good.

9. kiwikozo
    The new samsung buds have AAC though?

I pre-ordered the s10 plus but I most likely will not be purchasing the buds. Was not with any of Samsung's previous TW earphones. I'm happy that they're priced competitively so there will be fewer airpods visible in public. It's basically guaranteed they will sound better than airpods, but still consumer grade.

I'm happy with the Earin M2, and will upgrade to the M3 whenever they're released. Overall as a package, they are extremely good and this isn't just because of the form factor.

One thing I really just want to try is the Mavin Air-X. The fit looks different to other TW so maybe my small ears will find them comfortable. No UK resellers yet, I don't want to order it from overseas.

10. dweaver
    I decided to pre-order the Galaxy Buds, figure they will work OK with my S9 and since they support other Codecs like AAC I should be able to use them with my other devices.

Also ordered the Galaxy Watch Active to replace my Samsung Fit 2 as it has a new Blood Pressure sensor that I want to monitor my BP more closely .

Will post how the buds sound when I get them on the 8th.

11. howdy
    I really wanted to buy the Earin M2 but they are sold out in black.

12. SomeGuyDude
    "Oh sure, you can use AAC if you want, but you're missing out on the great sound of our much better one..."

kiwikozo likes this.
  13. kiwikozo
    Sure, that is annoying especially how they word it. Sounds like they're just trying to hype up their codec, likely making it seem better than it actually is.

I don't think the quality of the hardware in the $120 buds is going to benefit from a codec with quality higher than that which AAC will bring.

14. albau
    I dunno. I'm on a 2nd MW07, it has slightly better battery life but same SQ. Don't have Senns to compare but my impression of how MW07 sound is totally opposite of yours. "Congested" and "veiled" are the last things I would think of them, even coming off of my Westone 4, not speaking of 65t. I also had at first trouble with fit but SpinFits CP100Z-L totally fixed it.

15. Edward Ng
    Fascinating...I’ll play some more with SpinFits, although I am using CP100Z-M since my ear canals aren’t as big. Your opinion is particularly interesting to me as I also have MTW and Westone4 as reference points. This really leads me to believe there may be an issue with my pair of MW07s, because as of right now I would take the Westone4 or MTW over my pair of MW07 with no hesitation. I am currently using MandarinES tips, but will swap back to the SpinFits again.

-Ed

First

Back
331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340
342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351
Next

Last