Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 17, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #5,042 of 62,186
@05stisilver - don't have the RHA but as for the ATH-SPORT7TW, they'll be shipped back tomorrow. The touch controls were flaky on mine and the hear-through would activate on its own randomly. At $199 there are better choices and I'd second the Bose (unless you'll be using for binge watching, they have some latency...).

I was hoping to replace my Jabra Elite Sport for gym/training/bike riding use. I need the hear through mode. I had the 65t but they didn't fit well and hurt my ears after a short period of time.
I have or had (way to many)
Jabra Elite Sport
65t
MTW
Sabbat E12
Jlab Jbuds
TRN BT20 with TRN 80 and Revonext QT2

I'm eyeing the Advanced that is coming out in the next couple of days. But I was expecting that the AT was going to be perfect for my gym use.

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #5,043 of 62,186
I was hoping to replace my Jabra Elite Sport for gym/training/bike riding use. I need the hear through mode. I had the 65t but they didn't fit well and hurt my ears after a short period of time.
Jabra Elite Sport
65t
MTW
Sabbat E12
Jlab Jbuds

I'm eyeing the Advanced that is coming out in the next couple of days. But I was expecting that the AT was going to be perfect for my gym use.

They are solid for this purpose. One thing they have going is they have a rock solid fit. Best I’ve ever tried actually. The fin is well done. If you’re a runner they would be a very good choice. RHA would fall out breathing heavily....

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #5,044 of 62,186
Jabra Elite Sport
65t
MTW
Sabbat E12
Jlab Jbuds

the Jabra Elite Sport has the heat-through mode. Not sure if the 65t is an upgrade in that area.

Feb 17, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #5,046 of 62,186
They are solid for this purpose. One thing they have going is they have a rock solid fit. Best I’ve ever tried actually. The fin is well done. If you’re a runner they would be a very good choice. RHA would fall out breathing heavily....

Sounds good then. I will give them a try.

the Jabra Elite Sport has the heat-through mode. Not sure if the 65t is an upgrade in that area.

I had them both and ended up selling the 65t due to fitment and it's about time to retire the Elite Sport I have had them since they came out and the battery doesn't even last 2 hours anymore. So I need a suitable replacement.

Feb 17, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #5,047 of 62,186
After reading lots of reviews and to many YouTube reviews in still undecided on what to get for gym use. A big number 1 for me is zero cut outs (connection). Then sound and then battery. I'm usually at the gym 2 hours or less.
I keep thinking between the Mavin and the Earin M2, but im open to any options/Opinions.

I've tested my friend's mavin and compare it to my M2. they're a bit similar, but the Mavin have a more engaging sound with more separation, while the M2 has a warmer tone, more relaxed feel and more intimate staging. both equally good sound

comparing price and battery life, the Mavin is a better deal. the M2 wins on size and ambient mode.

Feb 17, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #5,048 of 62,186
Sounds good then. I will give them a try.

I had them both and ended up selling the 65t due to fitment and it's about time to retire the Elite Sport I have had them since they came out and the battery doesn't even last 2 hours anymore. So I need a suitable replacement.
I have the Jabra Elite Sport 2nd gen with the 50% longer battery life and although it’s advertised to last 4.5 hrs on a single charge I get around 5.5 hrs if I don’t blast the volume. I haven’t found a TWE yet with better package of connectivity, battery life and call quality.
The sound quality is adequate for my needs so unless something better pops up I’m gonna run them to the ground at least for now.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #5,049 of 62,186
Well, I am pretty sure the Nuarls are going to leave me. For music they are pretty nice, but the beeping and hissing while watching a movie and on calls was too much. What is more is that they just had a 20$ price drop recently. I might pick them up again if I get a message from the company saying that they have a firmware fix for the issue, at the lower price they are now. I also realized how important it is for me to have ambient mode, both at work and at home with the wife and kids. I think I can't really go without that feature. So, maybe go back to the glidic and accept that aac doesn't work on it, or save up for the MTW and hope that they fix it up soon...or just grab the Sabbat earbuds.

One thing I did find really interesting though is how they made SBC sound so good. Actually, all TWE on 5.0 sounds good with my budget phone that only has SBC. I streamed music to my Shanling M0, and while it does not have ANY hissing, SBC really didn't sound very good compared to the TWE sets. I am wondering if it is the tuning that is more bass heavy in most cases, or if bluetooth makes better use of SBC codec.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #5,052 of 62,186
I did read a few places where it said it can transfer data twice as fast, but I am not sure if it is just marketing or just data transfer...

It can, but that doesn't affect this. It's like talking about USB speeds and their relation to what codec your files are in. USB3.0 doesn't offer any benefits vs USB2.0 when you're playing your mp3s.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #5,053 of 62,186
I did read a few places where it said it can transfer data twice as fast, but I am not sure if it is just marketing or just data transfer...
Also, keep in mind data transfer is dependent on the codec AND the connection quality between the two devices. If you have a poor connection, the data rate will suffer. This is why in BT options, there is an ability to select "sound quality" vs. "connection quality". It's possible one of the devices you're using has poor connection strength, so the bitrate suffers, while BT 5 allows for better coexistence within the 2.4 GHz spectrum, and thus better connection quality.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #5,054 of 62,186
@SomeGuyDude how do you compare between the Bose, Senn MTW, and the M&D MW07 on SQ alone and also as a whole package? does the Bose still holds up these days?

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #5,055 of 62,186
@SomeGuyDude how do you compare between the Bose, Senn MTW, and the M&D MW07 on SQ alone and also as a whole package? does the Bose still holds up these days?

SQ is MW07 > MTW (it's close) > Bose

Whole package is MTW > Bose (it's close) > MW07

Gym use is Bose > MTW > MW07

If my only criteria was taking them to the gym, I'd get the Bose. If battery life wasn't an issue, I'd get the MW07. If SQ is paramount, MW07 is your best bet. If you need good battery life, get the MTW. If having A+ SQ isn't worth an extra $130, the Bose are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back