Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 3, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #2,611 of 62,555
Been looking back on this thread lately and decided to pre-order the momentums, owning a pair of crossfade 2 wireless and previously owned a pair of sennheiser momentums 2.0 (Which i didn't like at all.)
I want to use these for running as the v-modas slips off my head. Really hope they're worth the 355usd they cost here.

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #2,612 of 62,555
Been looking back on this thread lately and decided to pre-order the momentums, owning a pair of crossfade 2 wireless and previously owned a pair of sennheiser momentums 2.0 (Which i didn't like at all.)
I want to use these for running as the v-modas slips off my head. Really hope they're worth the 355usd they cost here.

I think running with the MTW will be dicey. No fit wings or stabilizers.

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #2,613 of 62,555
Had to return the MW07 due to battery life issues. I was getting a constant 2.5 hours at 35% - 40% volume on my iPhone. Started getting the low battery sound at about 2 hours. Pretty crappy. Other than that, they sounded absolutely fantastic and fit nicely.

I had to pick up the Sennheiser HD1 Free to satisfy me whilst I search for some TWEs. I'm looking at the NuForce BE Free5. Anyone have feedback on those?

NuForce have had mediocre feedback at best. I haven't heard them personally but lots of talk about mediocre SQ and connection issues. I'd probably pass on those. I hear you on the MW07. Packaged mine up today. I still think they sound better than the Senns. I was only getting 2 hours out of my battery.

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #2,615 of 62,555
well then that was a waste of money, lol. Are there any aftermarket wingtips or such available?

No - hey, you never know, you may luck out. No add ons that I am aware of. If running is your primary use, you might check out the Bose or Sony SP700N which would definitely stay put during a run. Or, just give the Senns a shot and return if they don't suit your purpose.

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #2,616 of 62,555
No - hey, you never know, you may luck out. No add ons that I am aware of. If running is your primary use, you might check out the Bose or Sony SP700N which would definitely stay put during a run. Or, just give the Senns a shot and return if they don't suit your purpose.
I have high hopes though, I just hope for an okay fit, comfy to wear for a couple of hours and I expect quite the sound after all the reviews I've read.

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #2,617 of 62,555
Anyone try the Jlab Epic Air Elite? I was using the original Epic Air's (released Jan 2018) before picking up the Sennheisers. I thought they fit perfectly (if you like ear hooks), sounded decent, and battery life was stellar.

However I had MAJOR connection problems, constantly dropping out with my phone, especially at the gym. This new "elite" version looks like it could address some of the problems with the first release.

https://www.jlabaudio.com/products/epic-air-elite-true-wireless-sport-earbuds

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #2,618 of 62,555
Anyone try the Jlab Epic Air Elite? I was using the original Epic Air's (released Jan 2018) before picking up the Sennheisers. I thought they fit perfectly (if you like ear hooks), sounded decent, and battery life was stellar.

However I had MAJOR connection problems, constantly dropping out with my phone, especially at the gym. This new "elite" version looks like it could address some of the problems with the first release.

https://www.jlabaudio.com/products/epic-air-elite-true-wireless-sport-earbuds

Yes and they are a big improvement over the originals. SQ is better but a little harsh. Fit is the same which is to say very good. No connection issues. If you like the form factor, they are a good choice. I think for that price, the Sony, Bose and Jabra are better however.

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #2,619 of 62,555
I concur with the Bose SoundSport wireless as great running TWEs. They stay on well and are perfect for letting in some ambient noise when jogging.

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #2,620 of 62,555
I'm going to go off topic a bit but largely because many use TW for on the go audio and gym use. I grabbed a pair of TRN V80s and the Earstudio ES100 on sale on Amazon to compare that rig to my TW. Maybe not apples to apples but the audio quality of this little device and using cheapie Chi-fi IEMs is very impressive. I'm still waiting on my TRNBT20 cable which will turn the V80s into TW and I will give my impressions here. I could definitely see myself using the ES100 with wired TRN v80s in the gym and on the go. The SQ is shockingly good. This ES100 is a cool little device.

Can it drive a higher end iem?

Looking forward to your impression if you can test it with others :)

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #2,621 of 62,555
NuForce have had mediocre feedback at best. I haven't heard them personally but lots of talk about mediocre SQ and connection issues. I'd probably pass on those. I hear you on the MW07. Packaged mine up today. I still think they sound better than the Senns. I was only getting 2 hours out of my battery.
Yeah, very disappointing. I also found it interesting that some of the literature provided with the earbuds warned about listening too loudly. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran the earbuds at like 15% volume for 3.5 hours.

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #2,622 of 62,555
Had to return the MW07 due to battery life issues. I was getting a constant 2.5 hours at 35% - 40% volume on my iPhone. Started getting the low battery sound at about 2 hours. Pretty crappy. Other than that, they sounded absolutely fantastic and fit nicely.

I had to pick up the Sennheiser HD1 Free to satisfy me whilst I search for some TWEs. I'm looking at the NuForce BE Free5. Anyone have feedback on those?

A quick journey into Ye Old Google doesn't show any good reviews of the Free5.

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #2,623 of 62,555
Can it drive a higher end iem?

Looking forward to your impression if you can test it with others :)
The ES100 is a VERY capable BT Amp/DAC that can drive any earphone you own and most headphones as well. I am very tempted to just cancel my Sennheiser True Wireless and just use what I have including the ES100. The ES100 actually gives high enough sound quality (I am able to use LDAC) that I struggle to hear a difference in quality versus just rllistening to music from the headphone jack in my S9 phone. It can also be used as a straight up DAC from your phone and your computer. Very versatile device...

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,624 of 62,555
The ES100 is a VERY capable BT Amp/DAC that can drive any earphone you own and most headphones as well. I am very tempted to just cancel my Sennheiser True Wireless and just use what I have including the ES100. The ES100 actually gives high enough sound quality (I am able to use LDAC) that I struggle to hear a difference in quality versus just rllistening to music from the headphone jack in my S9 phone. It can also be used as a straight up DAC from your phone and your computer. Very versatile device...

Just my 2c: if you already have a higher end IEM hooked up to a receiver like the ES100 or Shanling M0, and if you don't need true wireless, you're probably better off with your current rig.

Currently, my best IEMs are the JVC FD01. Based solely on SQ, on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd rate the Havit G1 a 6, the Earin M-2 and Senn TW a 7, and the FD01 with Shanling M0 a 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back