Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #2,596 of 62,114
I confirmed with Sennheiser that I can return my pair if I dont like them. So will give a good set of impressions even if I decide to send them back. Bottom line for is they will have to sound awesome and have zero connection issues before I will keep them due to their price.

Dec 2, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #2,597 of 62,114
One last question before I place an order with AE, how's the microphone ? Can you have a normal conversation without people complaining they can't hear you ? Thanks !

yes, it's quite clear when i tested calling my kid (i told him to use the sabbat and i listened on the other end), a bit warmed up at the highs, not as crisp on the treble as the phone's mic or the Jabra, but still audible. but i reckon on a noisy environment it would be a bit harder to hear

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #2,598 of 62,114
Thanks, that seems reasonable enough, not the typical "clone" performance with a useless "CVC 6.0" mic!

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #2,599 of 62,114
Some additional feedback on the Sennheisers after my first commute:

1. Pairing: I took them out of the case this morning and they didn't reconnect. I couldn't pair them - in the end I had to 'forget' them from my phone and repair. Quite annoying. Thankfully it worked on my 3rd attempt, but irritating all the same.

2. I used the app for the first time for real, and found that despite the fact that I was listening to music quite happily, it couldn't connect to the earphones. What? I guess the headphones weren't responding or something over a separate BT channel. Really weird and annoying.

3. Battery life: After around 2 hours, the left was at 66% and the right at 38%. That's on-target to hit approx 4 hours (based on the master's max battery life), but it's a bit unnerving to see such a huge amount of difference. Anything more than 3 hours is plenty of me though, so whatever. Also, popping them into the case for around 15-20 mins increased the charge from 38% to 66%, so they charge pretty quickly.

4. Transparent mode works well, but I'd really like to configure the double-tap on the right earpiece to be a single-tap instead (since I don't use voice assistant).

5. Sound: All of the above niggles are completely negligible because of the fantastic SQ. Watched 'Venom' on the train, and it sounded sooooo good. :D

Overall, very pleased. However, I hope these niggles get ironed out in an app/firmware update in future.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #2,600 of 62,114
Final update on RHA's Trueconnect, after rocking these out all week.

I'm really surprised by the connection stability: i recall only one very brief connection dropout ever since i got them. There're areas of my daily commute that would make my previous KZ Bluetooth stutter reliably but the RHAs remain completely unfazed. SQ is still great - specially now that my ears have adapted to the new tonal signature. These are balanced, very natural sounding IEMs with a lot of detail.

I honestly don't think you can do much better in the $100-$200 range. The 65t looks very interesting too, but if you don't care about all its bell and whistles and value sound reproduction above else i'd seriously recommend checking these out.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #2,601 of 62,114
Neimans just sent me shipment confirmation with a delivery date of tomorrow. Weird. I will be out of town too.

I got charged on my CC last week from them and then again yesterday. It still shows "backordered" on the page.

Well, I got back late last night and now the tracking says arrival by tomorrow. Fun stuff.

Dec 3, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #2,602 of 62,114
I'm going to go off topic a bit but largely because many use TW for on the go audio and gym use. I grabbed a pair of TRN V80s and the Earstudio ES100 on sale on Amazon to compare that rig to my TW. Maybe not apples to apples but the audio quality of this little device and using cheapie Chi-fi IEMs is very impressive. I'm still waiting on my TRNBT20 cable which will turn the V80s into TW and I will give my impressions here. I could definitely see myself using the ES100 with wired TRN v80s in the gym and on the go. The SQ is shockingly good. This ES100 is a cool little device.

Dec 3, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #2,603 of 62,114
I'm going to go off topic a bit but largely because many use TW for on the go audio and gym use. I grabbed a pair of TRN V80s and the Earstudio ES100 on sale on Amazon to compare that rig to my TW. Maybe not apples to apples but the audio quality of this little device and using cheapie Chi-fi IEMs is very impressive. I'm still waiting on my TRNBT20 cable which will turn the V80s into TW and I will give my impressions here. I could definitely see myself using the ES100 with wired TRN v80s in the gym and on the go. The SQ is shockingly good. This ES100 is a cool little device.

I'm doing the same thing. I ended up returning the Senn's and ordered the trn bt20 and I got the revonext qt2 and also ordered the trn v80's to try out.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #2,604 of 62,114
I hope this isn’t too off topic but this thread looks like the best place to get an answer.

I’m looking for the smallest Bluetooth earphones/ or buds for listening to podcasts and radio in bed. I’d prefer a joining wire otherwise they’ll end up missing on the floor, behind the headboard etc. and I can’t be having that.

I’m looking for low profile and sound quality is desirable but not over comfort. Thanks in advance.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #2,605 of 62,114
Paddyberger, you'd do well with the jay m-SIX but they are still listed as pre-order. Should of been out by now. There is a review on the site and a couple of other places. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/jays-m-six-wireless.23321/reviews

You got your wire, very flush design, very good SQ from the reviews, hooks may or may not float your boat but aren't thick and keeps them from pulling out when sleeping.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #2,609 of 62,114
Careful with the TRN BT adapters, the BT3 and BT10 have a hideous noise floor (at least with the TRN V80), seems unlikely the BT20 will be any better...

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #2,610 of 62,114
Had to return the MW07 due to battery life issues. I was getting a constant 2.5 hours at 35% - 40% volume on my iPhone. Started getting the low battery sound at about 2 hours. Pretty crappy. Other than that, they sounded absolutely fantastic and fit nicely.

I had to pick up the Sennheiser HD1 Free to satisfy me whilst I search for some TWEs. I'm looking at the NuForce BE Free5. Anyone have feedback on those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back