Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 30, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #2,566 of 62,490
If you like them, TFZ has made a TW...
tfz-x1-700x700.JPG

Need more info but they are armature driven, calls are broadcast in both sides, 7 hour battery life and 100 hours in the case. BT5.0 and 20M range. Pairs to two phone simultaneously, auto on and connect, IPX7, and says two buttons on each to make functions easier.

i think it's a rebrand of the Mifo o5 pro. they even have the same tagline "make it fully optimal" on the box
the review of the mifo is good though. i almost bought it if only i think i haven't have enough TW already. also this one lacks ambient sound

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mif...&terminal_id=2db9e4ce8cf944689c13cfd9927783a5

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #2,567 of 62,490
this two days I'm using the Sabbat X12 pro has been pleasant. the 7 hours battery is great, tested two times and it is roughly consistent, about 9 hours on the second try but it's because i take short breaks more often)

the open design sound is also perfect for home use and sport. i can eat with this no problem because jaw movements won't break the seal (well there isn't any) and running with this don't produce that thumping sound in your head. i would still use my other TWs for noisy places though.

for the price, design, battery life, and overall functionality, I'd suggest this one hands down compared to the airpods

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #2,568 of 62,490
They look interesting, I'm guessing you like their SQ based on the other TWS in your stable ?

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #2,569 of 62,490
They look interesting, I'm guessing you like their SQ based on the other TWS in your stable ?

yes, i like it, i think it's a good and pleasant sounding open-back type earphones

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #2,570 of 62,490
Yeah I get that, but I wouldn't describe any headphones' gestures as "intuitive." They all do it differently, they all require a slight learning curve after reading the manual.

If you're going to take the buds out and stick them in your pocket, why not have the case?! It easily fits in your pocket.

(sorry if I sound like I'm drinking the kool aid too much)

Different use cases - I feel universal design should support both without inconveniencing anyone I guess.

E.g. Going for a run - that case is a pain to fit somewhere if you're using sports clothes. Wearing a suit, the buds can go in a small pocket, but the case ruins the lines. Very much first world problems, but a 300 true wireless set of earbuds is a first world solution and shouldn't cause these issues.

I don't own 'em so I'm not aware, but do the Senns have no built-in timeout feature? A lot of TWE's don't turn off on their own but will go into standby/sleep if they aren't playing anything after X minutes.

They do, it's 60 mins or something crazy though, but to be fair I think they drain much less power on standby than when actually playing music

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #2,572 of 62,490
Anyone having charging issues with the Senns? I used mine this morning for about 1.5hrs, placed them in the case, and when I came back to listen, they were dead. The case is showing as fully charged, green light, but the earphones are dead. Anyone had this? Looks like they might have to go back to Senn.

Looks like the right earbud is broken. Left one has power, nothign on the right.

I haven't experienced this yet.

Is there anybody who can give an idea call quality of rha true connect and Senn. Mtw? By the way, I couldn’t find any shop which has stock for senn. in The Netherlands.

Call quality of Senn has been excellent. I have a habit of talking to my partner during night (blame our long distance relationship) and falling asleep. These earbuds are able to catch my voice even when they're covered by a pillow or a blanket. That said, I'm not finding these buds very comfortable to sleep with because of their size. I'm considering trading them for Earin M-2 because of their size and going back to wired earphones for phone calls.

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #2,573 of 62,490
Gettin' pretty close to switching my TWE usage to "while on the go" only and snagging some on-ears for the gym, which should change what I need and what I'm gonna get.

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #2,574 of 62,490
Gettin' pretty close to switching my TWE usage to "while on the go" only and snagging some on-ears for the gym, which should change what I need and what I'm gonna get.

If you can believe it, the ua sport on ear gym headphones have superb sound. I bought them and loved them but they got too hot for me. I would recommend without hesitation. I bought the regular version not the “rock” version. Really nice sq.

Dec 1, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #2,575 of 62,490
If you can believe it, the ua sport on ear gym headphones have superb sound. I bought them and loved them but they got too hot for me. I would recommend without hesitation. I bought the regular version not the “rock” version. Really nice sq.

Lol that's exactly what I'm looking at actually .The Rock version is discounted even.

Dec 1, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #2,576 of 62,490
Lol that's exactly what I'm looking at actually .The Rock version is discounted even.

The sq is surprisingly balanced. Still a fun sound signature for the gym but the bass is done in a classy way. Plenty of bass but it doesn’t overwhelm or get too sloppy. I wanted to keep them but I get super hot doing cardio and they made it worse.

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #2,577 of 62,490
The sq is surprisingly balanced. Still a fun sound signature for the gym but the bass is done in a classy way. Plenty of bass but it doesn’t overwhelm or get too sloppy. I wanted to keep them but I get super hot doing cardio and they made it worse.

Bass is very much not a concern for me. My main set is the Vmoda Crossfade 2, and one reason I like the Bose and the Sony TWE is their extra low end. I'm primarily extreme metal with a smattering of hip hop and rock so the beefier bass helps me out. That'll be extra true in the gym. Might go snag a set today. I do have a Best Buy coupon...

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #2,578 of 62,490
Bass is very much not a concern for me. My main set is the Vmoda Crossfade 2, and one reason I like the Bose and the Sony TWE is their extra low end. I'm primarily extreme metal with a smattering of hip hop and rock so the beefier bass helps me out. That'll be extra true in the gym. Might go snag a set today. I do have a Best Buy coupon...
There is a Jlab pair that gets good reviews for 99. I’ve been tempted a few times because they look even more lightweight but if lifting is your thing I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the UA. I think they’ll do more than fine with the bass. Where did you get the BB coupon?

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #2,579 of 62,490
There is a Jlab pair that gets good reviews for 99. I’ve been tempted a few times because they look even more lightweight but if lifting is your thing I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the UA. I think they’ll do more than fine with the bass. Where did you get the BB coupon?

Yeah I'm a lifter primarily. And it's more like a voucher because I buy a dumb amount of stuff at BB. In the past few months I picked up a laptop and a Pixel 3XL, plus other odds and ends, so I've accrued a lot of points.

I've seen ads for the JLab, the Flex I think? Looks neat but for the gym I'd prefer on-ear to over-the-ear just for heat purposes.

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #2,580 of 62,490
Yeah I'm a lifter primarily. And it's more like a voucher because I buy a dumb amount of stuff at BB. In the past few months I picked up a laptop and a Pixel 3XL, plus other odds and ends, so I've accrued a lot of points.

I've seen ads for the JLab, the Flex I think? Looks neat but for the gym I'd prefer on-ear to over-the-ear just for heat purposes.

Glad I’m not the only one here with an addiction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back