Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,536 of 62,029
Thanks for the impressions. It's laughable that RHA pm'd on this forum and told me no AAC support. I can only guess the chipset came with it and either they didn't even know it or they somehow aren't allowed to tout it? Either way, looks like a nice product. I'd love to hear comparisons to the 65t.

Those of you with the Senns, can you share your EQ setting? I'm finding the EQ difficult to maneuver. If I want v-shaped do I just drag the dot up?

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #2,537 of 62,029
It's laughable that RHA pm'd on this forum and told me no AAC support. I can only guess the chipset came with it and either they didn't even know it or they somehow aren't allowed to tout it? Either way, looks like a nice product. I'd love to hear comparisons to the 65t.

Maybe it's a licencing issue? You'd be hard pressed to find a BT5.0 chipset today which doesn't support either AptX or AAC, so you pretty much get those for free...

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #2,538 of 62,029
I suspect the weight will not be the real issue. Is the pain in your ear canal or or the concha? The concha is the outer portion of the ear where the bulb of the IEM will reside. If it's the conch try adjusting the position of the shell so it doesn't press on the sore spot as much. If it's the canal then try some different tips. Comply foams might work or if you have any Sony iems kicking around try using their tips as they are one of the most comfortable tips available. If your in the US you can also get some hybrid tips called Auvio I think from Radio Shack that are very comfortable but have a wider opening than the Sony tips so they won't effect the treble as much.

Feels like canal. I'll try buying comply foam tips. I'd also like to call out that it's a shame Senn isn't bundling foam tips with MTW considering that they're at the higher end of the price spectrum ($300). In contrast, almost every other company like RHA, M&D includes foam tips.

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #2,539 of 62,029
The RHA sound interesting (didn' t you get TrueGrip Comply tips with yours ?) but at this stage in the game I really don't think it's acceptable for (expensive) TWEs to not offer a transparency mode !

Oh yes, you get a nice assorted set of foam and silicon tips with it. I just happened to have a number of foam tips i like available.

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #2,540 of 62,029
The RHA sound interesting (didn' t you get TrueGrip Comply tips with yours ?) but at this stage in the game I really don't think it's acceptable for (expensive) TWEs to not offer a transparency mode !

Unfortunately TrueGrip tips don't seem to be available in Europe for some reason. I suppose they could be imported from Amazon USA.

About the Havit G1, I've now managed to get pretty decent isolation with the medium tips by ramming them into my canal and twisting (top towards the back and bottom towards the front) hard ! It does make them a bit painful though...With the seal I find them to be really bassy and I normally like bass a lot !

Funny that. I’m by no way a bass head and I find the bass just about right when used in normal ambient noise environments so probably a little boosted over neutral

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #2,541 of 62,029
Any idea when the Senns will be back in stock at vendors? Got $50 off of them from Neiman Marcus before they showed as sold out, and customer service gave me no ETA on stock date, although I assume they'll fulfill my order since I placed it when it was still backordered.

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #2,542 of 62,029
Any idea when the Senns will be back in stock at vendors? Got $50 off of them from Neiman Marcus before they showed as sold out, and customer service gave me no ETA on stock date, although I assume they'll fulfill my order since I placed it when it was still backordered.
FWIW, I called their CS yesterday and they still show my backorder being shipped in time to arrive by Dec 3 as stated on the order. I asked when they thought that meant shipping would happen and they said no later than Saturday (tomorrow).

I don't have a shipping notice, though.

EDIT - Well, that was cool/creepy. I just got a "shipping soon" notice and now estimated arrival is Dec.5. The way it reads it sounds like the MTWs are in their hands and they are preparing them to ship today.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #2,543 of 62,029
Funny that. I’m by no way a bass head and I find the bass just about right when used in normal ambient noise environments so probably a little boosted over neutral

Well, I measured them with a full seal and the bass was 10dB above the midrange, which is quite a lot:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-154#post-14619901

However, in practice I find it hard to retain a really perfect seal with TW IEMs. And if the seal is ever so slightly loose / leaky, bass emphasis will be less pronounced, which is just about right with the Havit G1.

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #2,544 of 62,029
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #2,545 of 62,029
They're not unpleasant but the basses are really thundering with the tight seal I now achieve ! You said the one you obtained was pretty good too right from the start ?

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #2,546 of 62,029
They're not unpleasant but the basses are really thundering with the tight seal I now achieve ! You said yours was pretty good too right from the start ?

Yes I put the large tips on right away and kept the medium finns. Have now used them for 3 weeks in all sorts of environments and am very happy with them and nit a single drop out which was my only real gripe with the E8

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #2,547 of 62,029
i was chatting with a customer rep yday and said that they should ship out no later than December 10th.

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2,548 of 62,029
Is anyone with the momentum true wireless having trouble with their right earbud responding to touch? Mine will respond to touch for like a minute right when I pull it out of the case but then after that it doesn't respond at all. So if I need to turn the volume up for instance it doesn't do anything. I have done a factory reset but because the right ear bud doesn't respond I can't do the regular reset.

Nov 30, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #2,549 of 62,029
at this stage in the game I really don't think it's acceptable for (expensive) TWEs to not offer a transparency mode!
Talk about $300 M&D MW07! Personally I almost never used transparency mode on 65t. But the fact that both RHA and MW07 not only miss this feature but also don't have an app and firmware updates is very strange. It's like if you're a tiny boutique hi-fi house you'll loose your cred if you don't look backward.

Nov 30, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,550 of 62,029
But the fact that both RHA and MW07 not only miss this feature but also don't have an app and firmware updates is very strange. It's like if you're a tiny boutique hi-fi house you'll loose your cred if you don't look backward.

I really don't care much about apps but the fact that RHA'a Trueconnect apparently cannot upgrade firmware without factory service irks me.

It is a great pair of TWSs otherwise though. I just took mine for a spin in town + daily commute, under a light winter drizzle, and I experienced zero connection issues. My KZ Bluetooth cable would shutter occasionally during these.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back