Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 1, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #2,581 of 62,454
Glad I’m not the only one here with an addiction...

It's part of why you'll see me harping on when Best Buy gets stuff in. I've got their Elite Plus membership at this point, so that means a 45 day return window plus points and discounts. :p

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #2,583 of 62,454
I noticed you have wired IEMs with MMCX connectors listed in your inventory. Did you consider getting the TRN BT20 earhooks for these?

I don't trust cheapo chi-fi anything when it comes to bluetooth. A company like KZ might be able to pick up some decent OEM drivers and cobble together a solid wired headphones, but when there's actual electronics in there I'm not rolling the dice. I'll trust companies with a genuine track record for tech.

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #2,584 of 62,454
Currently dealing with the hideous noise floor of the TRN BT3 (same problem on the BT10 apparently) I would indeed encourage caution when it comes to the BT20 ! On the other hand the KZ BT adapter (v1) has no audible noise floor so who knows?

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,585 of 62,454
It's not just that, when it comes to chi-fi I just don't think they'll be able to have a decent dac/amp in them and if I'm gonna hook decent headphones into that only for them to get kneecapped by crummy electronics it just defeats the point. I could see using those if you're already chi-fi'd up but not otherwise.

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #2,586 of 62,454
yes, i like it, i think it's a good and pleasant sounding open-back type earphones
Good to "hear", I guess the SQ is good because it's an original/independent project compared to the dozens of clones of AirPods and other assortment of TWEs.

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #2,587 of 62,454
BTW @clerkpalmer you were right about the UA's. Now I'm pretty perfectly set. VModa at home, UA at the gym, Bose while I'm out working and whatnot.

Fun fact: the UA are eerily reminiscent of the custom shields I put on my VModa...

VLF8p6hl.jpg

(okay no more off-topic, just wanted to say)

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #2,590 of 62,454
I heavily doubt it. None of the major companies have more than one TWE going at a given time outside of a regular and sport model but M&D isn't exactly a company that seems eager to court the "sport" crowd. Plus, it came out like... not that long ago. Settle down.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #2,591 of 62,454
If the senn iE80's have a mmcx connector, you could try adapting the shure BT-2 5.0 adapter for your use case

Dec 2, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #2,593 of 62,454
this two days I'm using the Sabbat X12 pro has been pleasant. the 7 hours battery is great, tested two times and it is roughly consistent, about 9 hours on the second try but it's because i take short breaks more often)

the open design sound is also perfect for home use and sport. i can eat with this no problem because jaw movements won't break the seal (well there isn't any) and running with this don't produce that thumping sound in your head. i would still use my other TWs for noisy places though.

for the price, design, battery life, and overall functionality, I'd suggest this one hands down compared to the airpods
One last question before I place an order with AE, how's the microphone ? Can you have a normal conversation without people complaining they can't hear you ? Thanks !

Dec 2, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #2,594 of 62,454
15437846723112741942583857506720.jpg Crazy, I walked in to London Drugs and they had a pair of Fiio F5 marked at $149CAD and when I looked up their website it wasn't listed so I had the salesman look up the price and they were clearing out for $69CAD. So I grabbed it. Damn thing came with a pelican case, some funky hybrid tips, an MMCX cable that can be used with android or apple, plus a 2.5mm trrs cable.

Sound is pretty damned impressive to. Its a titanium driver. I know this isn't new but it's still darned impressive stuff.

I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless on order and I am actually starting to think I will just cancel that order. As much as I want to hear them I have found some excellent products over the past couple days that sure scratch the audio itch.

Love that I now have some more great MMCX cable options in my stable along with a new IEM to boot.

Gonna see how these sound with me ES100 in balanced mode.

Btw sorry I posted this in the wrong thread :). So just disregard...

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #2,595 of 62,454
I have the Jabra 65T Active and unfortunately I will be returning it. The connection isn't good enough as the music keeps cutting in and out. This is with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone and my Sony ZX300A. My Bose soundsport wireless has a solid bluetooth connection so not sure why so many bluetooth earphones just comes up short with the connection. I may need to wait for more reviews on the Sennheiser Momentum true wireless (or test out the Bose soundsport true wireless) or just wait until next year and hopefully something better is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back