Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 7, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #13,021 of 62,241
I guess one could consider them bassy if they are sensitive to bass. We all have different physiology and You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but most of the comments i've seen about the "duets" were in regards to them being returned for a lack luster performance and a high price tag. That was my experience with both pair I owned. for comparison, do you own any of the TWS' I mentioned?

I did, I returned the Bowmaker. I like the 359 better. better all around for me. the sifi's had a weird deep stem fit and they were very bright and a thin. You can find the SSK BT03 on aliexpress, it's a clone.
Just goes to show how we all hear very differently. My Bomaker fits very well with a shallow non-canal tip and in no way would I call the SQ bright and thin. I hear them as quite well balanced tonally nor would I call the Duet 50 performance "lackluster". I personally don't really consider a $45 TWS IEM as having a high price tag considering that customer service is US based and build quality is a cut above the norm.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #13,022 of 62,241
Today I was TWS hunting in good ole' Singapore and would you believe that I did not buy a single thing?

First stop Jaben, they did NOT have the Shanling in store yet, though their website claims they will ship out their orders end of Sept. Instead I listened to the Lybertek Tevi and yes, they are on the bright / clarity / detailed side, for which I have my Uiisii :) Did not spend too much time with them

In some bargain junk store I found airpod clones for mere 11.95 SGD :) nope, did not buy them either ...

At Sim Lim Square I noticed that those shops that had TWS where showing off the same 8 or so models .. many of which I had never seen before ... which leads me to believe that those were ordered from China like 6 months+ ago ... hence they never crossed my radar ... nothing of interest there.

At Stereo.sg I finally got to try (or not) the Powerbeats Pro ... but we could not get them properly connected to my iPhone!!! How crazy .. after lots of trying we got one side connected ... Not what I am used to from Apple and not in line with their special chip being all magic ... they suspect that something is off ( battery on one side seemed totally drained) and i might come back to try again ... also could not try the ANC on the latest Sony as their demo model is (also?) defect ... I got to experience the fit of the Jabra 65, but I ran out of time, it wanted me to DL the matching app in order to play ... really need to go back with more time ... oh, and I asked them about the SHanling and my sales guy seemed like he never heard that name ...

soooo ... back to browsing AliExpress I guess ...

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #13,023 of 62,241
Truth is they have enough bass. They just include too small tips so they fit into the case without issue. His, mine, and plenty of other reviews/impressions are not wrong. They have a bassy but not too bassy signature. Keep an eye for promos and they can be had for $40 or less. Still totally viable and really solid choice and I got 70 feet unobstructed playing some full court and leaving my player on the other end. Only issue is the opening in the case for the tips and the size of the included tips.
I guess one could consider the to have enough bass if they are sensitive to bass. We all have different physiology and You're definitely entitled to your opinion. Do you own any of the models I mentioned?

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #13,024 of 62,241
I guess one could consider them bassy if they are sensitive to bass. We all have different physiology and You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but most of the comments i've seen about the "duets" were in regards to them being returned for a lack luster performance and a high price tag. That was my experience with both pair I owned. for comparison, do you own any of the TWS' I mentioned?

I did, I returned the Bowmaker. I like the 359 better. better all around for me. the sifi's had a weird deep stem fit and they were very bright and a thin. You can find the SSK BT03 on aliexpress, it's a clone.
Do the SSK/Anbes have AAC and what chip is used in them? I couldn’t find the answer on Aliexpress. Thanks

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #13,025 of 62,241
Oct 7, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #13,026 of 62,241
Mpow T5 and Kissral R18 are both available in that price range on Amazon and are proven excellent units.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #13,027 of 62,241
I would say average. The issue with the Lasuney for some people is going to be fit. These have a very large stem similar to iSines. The included tips are fine but didn't give me the seal I was expecting. Most people people won't have iSines and buying their accessory package isn't cheap. Luckily for me I do, so I'm using the ribbed tips now to get the best comfort and fit. I don't want to sway anyone away from trying these but I do want to make people aware of potential issues. I'll upload photos later today so people can see what I'm talking about.
How did you get them for $20? I'm showing $39.99.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #13,028 of 62,241
Today I was TWS hunting in good ole' Singapore and would you believe that I did not buy a single thing?

First stop Jaben, they did NOT have the Shanling in store yet, though their website claims they will ship out their orders end of Sept. Instead I listened to the Lybertek Tevi and yes, they are on the bright / clarity / detailed side, for which I have my Uiisii :) Did not spend too much time with them

In some bargain junk store I found airpod clones for mere 11.95 SGD :) nope, did not buy them either ...

At Sim Lim Square I noticed that those shops that had TWS where showing off the same 8 or so models .. many of which I had never seen before ... which leads me to believe that those were ordered from China like 6 months+ ago ... hence they never crossed my radar ... nothing of interest there.

At Stereo.sg I finally got to try (or not) the Powerbeats Pro ... but we could not get them properly connected to my iPhone!!! How crazy .. after lots of trying we got one side connected ... Not what I am used to from Apple and not in line with their special chip being all magic ... they suspect that something is off ( battery on one side seemed totally drained) and i might come back to try again ... also could not try the ANC on the latest Sony as their demo model is (also?) defect ... I got to experience the fit of the Jabra 65, but I ran out of time, it wanted me to DL the matching app in order to play ... really need to go back with more time ... oh, and I asked them about the SHanling and my sales guy seemed like he never heard that name ...

soooo ... back to browsing AliExpress I guess ...
Don't believe it. I think you have an extra duffel bag of all your new acquisitions, yet play coy because you don't want to be accused of smuggling TWS' in Singapore. :p

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #13,029 of 62,241
Just goes to show how we all hear very differently. My Bomaker fits very well with a shallow non-canal tip and in no way would I call the SQ bright and thin. I hear them as quite well balanced tonally nor would I call the Duet 50 performance "lackluster". I personally don't really consider a $45 TWS IEM as having a high price tag considering that customer service is US based and build quality is a cut above the norm.

Agree on the Bomaker. Love these little guys. And I do mean little....case is tiny and love the low profile fit.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #13,031 of 62,241
I don't believe I said I got them for $20. Paid $39.99 plus tax.
Ahh, read it wrong. @Slater replied after your email and said it was the best $20 he's ever spent, but he was talking about something else. :xf_eek:

Got too excited and went into Hypebeast mode.

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #13,032 of 62,241
Oct 7, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #13,033 of 62,241
These aren't TWS as they have a cable between them, but I can confirm that they support APTX-LL. SoundPEATS Q12 Plus. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KLWS43V/
I have these as well, and can also confirm they support AptX-LL.
Do you like the sound in these btw? I am only using them on my HTPC (Win10), together with a Reiyin AptX LL/HD transmitter, because then I can tweak the sound with the Peter's Equalizer APO. Sound out of the box was not my cup of tea....

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #13,034 of 62,241
I received these and want to know if my impressions are the same as yours.

SSK BT-03 (Anbes 359/Kissral R18) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R8TPND5/
I thought these sounded great! Detailed, airy, spacious, punchy bass, soundstage.

Mpow T5 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SR1FTD4/

These sounded boring and dull compared to the other two. They are tonally accurate and warm, but not exciting.

SoundPEATS TrueFree+ - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV7V1TZ/

These sound bright in comparison to the other two. Tuned slightly unnaturally bright (S sounds, cymbal timbre). However, they were more exciting, detailed, and airy than the T5.

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #13,035 of 62,241
I have these as well, and can also confirm they support AptX-LL.
Do you like the sound in these btw? I am only using them on my HTPC (Win10), together with a Reiyin AptX LL/HD transmitter, because then I can tweak the sound with the Peter's Equalizer APO. Sound out of the box was not my cup of tea....

I bought them because my dad wanted bluetooth earphones for playing keyboard, so the low latency is a must. I didn't test them for music, but there was no lag when playing keyboard with this and this TROND transmitter which also supports APTX-LL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4W40VC/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back