Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #13,007 of 61,350
These were discussed previously in the thread, I had two pairs of them. I thought they were a good all around performer Awesome daily driver for audiobooks, but they lacked bass and volume for me, sound quality was good, but for $45 i'd rather have the MPOW T5, SSK BT-03 (anbes 359 clones) or even the bomaker sifi.

Truth is they have enough bass. They just include too small tips so they fit into the case without issue. His, mine, and plenty of other reviews/impressions are not wrong. They have a bassy but not too bassy signature. Keep an eye for promos and they can be had for $40 or less. Still totally viable and really solid choice and I got 70 feet unobstructed playing some full court and leaving my player on the other end. Only issue is the opening in the case for the tips and the size of the included tips.

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #13,008 of 61,350
Truth is they have enough bass. They just include too small tips so they fit into the case without issue. His, mine, and plenty of other reviews are not wrong. They have a bassy but not too bassy signature. Keep an eye for promos and they can be had for $40 or less. Still totally viable and really solid choice and I got 70 feet unobstructed playing some full court and leaving my player on the other end. Only issue is the opening in the case for the tips and the size of the included tips.
I found that my UE900 L tips as well as my Jabra large tips fit in the case OK. Both give me a good seal. Of course one could wish for USB-C but otherwise an excellent all-arounder.

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #13,009 of 61,350
So... I can't find the Anbes 359 anywhere... does anyone knows how the Bomaker Sifi compares? Looking for a comfortable small shell tws iem, can't tell from the photos how much larger the bomaker shell is than the anbes shell.

Shot in the dark, does anyone own both and can compare?

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #13,010 of 61,350
It seems like I lost my Sabbat X12, so I’m looking for a new pair of TWS. After reading a lot seems like the Galaxy Buds are currently the best option under 200$, right? I’m currently between that and the latest Shanlings, but being able to buy the Galaxy Buds at Amazon is a huge plus for me.

Anyone using the Samsungs with an iPhone? Seems like you can only use the stock EQ, right? If you change it on an Android phone do they keep the settings?

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #13,011 of 61,350
So... I can't find the Anbes 359 anywhere... does anyone knows how the Bomaker Sifi compares? Looking for a comfortable small shell tws iem, can't tell from the photos how much larger the bomaker shell is than the anbes shell.

Don't have the Bowmaker, but my smallest shell is the Shanling MTW100. It's even noticeably smaller than the 359.

For the 359 try for Kissral R18. By all accounts they're the same thing.

Oct 6, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #13,012 of 61,350

If you can’t find the Anbes 359, get the SSK or Kissral R1.

Oct 6, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #13,013 of 61,350

I have the Kissral R18. They are the same. They're super light/small/comfortable and sound outstanding.

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #13,014 of 61,350
Just pull a trigger on a cheap AptX TWS - Tronsmart Spunky Beat, 25 USD is quite a bargain:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000196615631.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.31824c4d2DrToH
Looking forward to it. Had mentioned this one a while back but nobody seemed to have picked it up until now.

Is it just me or does the BE30 UFO/Anbes 359 have more hissing than some other TWS? The overall sound quality seems great but the constant noise floor and poor QC of the ones I've got so far holds me back getting a third one. If only there was one with AptX and the UFO Type C case. On the other hand I'm wondering if I can take it apart and sand down the plastic near the driver which might be why the right side sounds less bright/mid-forward than the left side.

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #13,015 of 61,350
@howdy or anyone else that has the WF-1000XM3.

1) When switching tracks, pause/play (using R earbud), anyone else notice it cuts out for a split second when it beeps and changes tracks?
2) There are also times when the L earbud is the only one that responds to ambient mode. Anyone else run into this? I can "reset" by manually activating quick attention mode or putting them in/out of the case.

I'm trying to see if any of these are known issues or if I need to exchange for another pair.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #13,016 of 61,350
keeping things simple :ksc75smile:

20191002_110359.jpg

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #13,017 of 61,350
@howdy or anyone else that has the WF-1000XM3.

1) When switching tracks, pause/play (using R earbud), anyone else notice it cuts out for a split second when it beeps and changes tracks?
2) There are also times when the L earbud is the only one that responds to ambient mode. Anyone else run into this? I can "reset" by manually activating quick attention mode or putting them in/out of the case.

I'm trying to see if any of these are known issues or if I need to exchange for another pair.
Ive never paid that close attention to your 1st question, so if does happen it must be not enough for me to notice.
2nd question: never. They always seem the same. I wonder if it's due to the fact that the left is the switch for the ambient sounds so it does that 1st then the right.

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #13,018 of 61,350
So I've been using the CKS5TW for a few days now; time for some brief first impressions. I've added some real-life pics for your convenience.

CONNECTIVITY
BT 5.0 is actually very stable. Sometimes, when connecting to a new device, the left earbud doesn't connect. A quick drop in the case, getting them out and auto-reconnect does the trick to fix it. I've had zero drop-outs in the meantime, so I'm very happy.

MIC QUALITY
I'll be using these in the office, so will make calls with them over both skype and my mobile phone. In both cases, the people on the other side were able to hear me perfectly fine (even when using them in an office space). The call audio is routed to both earbuds, which is very nice. Also, a family member said that (using them with my iPhone) my call quality was on par or even slightly better than when calling without the use of earphones.

SOUNDQUALITY
As far as the sound quality goes, I can say that I'm quite happy with them. The sound is a bit bass-heavy, but not to the point where it messes too much with mids and highs. Soundstage is so-so, but better than expected from this type of IEM. I think the larger driver really helps here, as I do find the IEM with smaller drivers (I've owned the WF-1000XM3 and RHA TrueConnect) terribly congested in terms of sound(stage). What I can say up until now is that I've never been craving extra detail, and I'm quite enjoying the low-end 'oomph' in the high-fidelity presentation these do (if that makes sense). If anything, I'd long for a bit more airy-ness but I'll have to do more listening to get a better image of the sound quality (especially compared to other gear).

For now: very happy, and like them better than WF-1000XM3, TrueConnect and E8.

IMG_4789.jpg IMG_4790.jpg

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #13,020 of 61,350
Truth is they have enough bass. They just include too small tips so they fit into the case without issue. His, mine, and plenty of other reviews/impressions are not wrong. They have a bassy but not too bassy signature. Keep an eye for promos and they can be had for $40 or less. Still totally viable and really solid choice and I got 70 feet unobstructed playing some full court and leaving my player on the other end. Only issue is the opening in the case for the tips and the size of the included tips.
I guess one could consider them bassy if they are sensitive to bass. We all have different physiology and You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but most of the comments i've seen about the "duets" were in regards to them being returned for a lack luster performance and a high price tag. That was my experience with both pair I owned. for comparison, do you own any of the TWS' I mentioned?

I did, I returned the Bowmaker. I like the 359 better. better all around for me. the sifi's had a weird deep stem fit and they were very bright and a thin. You can find the SSK BT03 on aliexpress, it's a clone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back