Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 7, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #13,037 of 62,227
I received these and want to know if my impressions are the same as yours.

SSK BT-03 (Anbes 359/Kissral R18) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R8TPND5/
I thought these sounded great! Detailed, airy, spacious, punchy bass, soundstage.

Mpow T5 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SR1FTD4/

These sounded boring and dull compared to the other two. They are tonally accurate and warm, but not exciting.

SoundPEATS TrueFree+ - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV7V1TZ/

These sound bright in comparison to the other two. Tuned slightly unnaturally bright (S sounds, cymbal timbre). However, they were more exciting, detailed, and airy than the T5.
You using stock tips? especially on the t5 I thought the stock tips sounded abysmal. I used spinfit 360's or Spiral dots. Love my SSK's bass and highs get better with use IME.

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #13,039 of 62,227
Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #13,040 of 62,227
You using stock tips? especially on the t5 I thought the stock tips sounded abysmal. I used spinfit 360's or Spiral dots. Love my SSK's bass and highs get better with use IME.

Yes I tried stock tips as well as Meelectronics double flange. I'll try some other tips. I have spiral dots somewhere.

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #13,041 of 62,227
My Libratone Track Air+ arrived this morning. It was about a 2 week journey as I ordered them from Amazon UK and had them shipped to a friend in Germany who forwarded them to me here in FL, as Amazon UK does not deliver to the US.

At any rate, after charging (via wireless), pairing with my phone (instant) choosing the best-fitting tips and finally selecting my options from the Libratone app, I have had a chance to spend some time listening to some of my favorite tidal selections.

I was pleased to find that the largest of the included tips fit my ears perfectly and rendered the phones as if super-glued in my ears! These are the first TWS phones I have owned that I found an included tip that fit my challenging ear canals.

They are very light and actually seem to disappear in my ears. The small horns cause no issues at all. The double tap touch controls work reliably with just enough weight to prevent accidental changes. I set one side to "Next" play selection and the other side to "Hear through/Auto ANC. ( I have only used them with the manual ANC for a short time just to see how it works, which is actually pretty well) The Auto noise cancelling is quite subtle and seamless.

I did try the Bass, Neutral and Treble tone choices and found the Neutral to sound the most natural and lifelike to my ears. SQ is superb, with an expansive soundstage and spot-on vocal and instrumental timbre. These actually compare well with my custom MG5Pro IEM's. To my ears, they are the best sounding of any of my other TWS buds. (Also the most expensive!)

So far, connectivity has been rock-solid with no hiccups at all.

I have a coupon from Jabra for a discount on the new 75t which I was planning to try, but with the Track Air+ performing so well, I am not sure whether to go for the new Jabra or not.

On the down side, the limited touch functions might be a deal-breaker for some, but it seems that the auto ANC keeps things quiet enough that I don't need to do much fiddling with my phone volume control as there is no volume control on the phones. Also, I decided that the Hear-through/Auto ANC options was more useful to me than the Play/Pause option. I have no idea if additional functions will be added via a future firmware update or not. While the app does allow a reasonable degree of customization, it is not nearly as well-developed as is the Jabra Sound+ app.

I hope this brief overview is useful for anyone considering the purchase of the Track Air+.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #13,042 of 62,227
Just goes to show how we all hear very differently. My Bomaker fits very well with a shallow non-canal tip and in no way would I call the SQ bright and thin. I hear them as quite well balanced tonally nor would I call the Duet 50 performance "lackluster". I personally don't really consider a $45 TWS IEM as having a high price tag considering that customer service is US based and build quality is a cut above the norm.

I'm glad you like them, I used them every day for a couple weeks and they were great for audiobooks. I really had a hard time sending them back, but they just couldn't compete with my other TWS' in sound quality. I'm curious to what other TWS' you are comparing them with. Tranya T1, Mpow T5, Anbes 359, Tranya T3, QCY T1C, Trannya B530, 1more Stylish, Ofusho F16, Lypertek Tevi. The Duet is a re-tuned Tranya T1 ($40) with a slight housing design. It may have a different DD in it, but I didn't do an EQ comparison. If I remember correctly, they fit in the same charging case as the T1 just like the T5 and the Tevi do. Build quality is good, but it's standard for that price point and out of the 40+ Chinese TWS' I've used that are IPX5 and above most of them are built built pretty well, the T5 is better IMO. I did have to send my first pair back, I don't recall why, might have been a button or connection issue. I did A/B testing on them using JVC Spiral Dots and the Duet's def. had better mids and more defined higs, but like many of the "audiophile" tuned, long battery life IEM's they don't have a lot of volume and the bass is dialed down. I've been keeping an eye on them to see if the price will drop, because I would really like to revisit them now that i've heard the TEVI and playing with an EQ.

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #13,044 of 62,227
......................................SNIP................. I'm curious to what other TWS' you are comparing them with. Tranya T1, Mpow T5, Anbes 359, Tranya T3, QCY T1C, Trannya B530, 1more Stylish, Ofusho F16, Lypertek Tevi. that's what i'm basing my comparisons on. $20-45 is currently the standard price for a decent to nice quality TWS' and the market is flooded with the QCC3020 and realtek chipsets with CVC, so now so we are seeing prices starting to drop.

I think they only have SBC and I believe based on what I google and @jasaero 's impressions it's the same realtek chip in the 359's.

TWS earbuds that I currently own:
Jabra Active Elite 65t, Bomaker, Nillken Go, Mavin AirX, B6, Back Bay Duet 50, KZ-TWS, EOZ, TRN BT20, T20S and just today I received the Libratone Track Air+

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #13,046 of 62,227
Well, i'll be damned. Mine do too. and so are the SSK's.

Is having AAC a good thing? I'm still new to all of this. Also, I updated my post with all of the Anbes 359 clones. There might be 6!

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #13,048 of 62,227
TWS earbuds that I currently own:
Jabra Active Elite 65t, Bomaker, Nillken Go, Mavin AirX, B6, Back Bay Duet 50, KZ-TWS, EOZ, TRN BT20, T20S and just today I received the Libratone Track Air+
With your lineup $45 def. seems reasonable. I'm on the opposite end, The most expensive pair I own are the TEVI's $(90). Soon to be the Soundcore Liberty 2 pro. I def. recommend checking out the Mpow T5, SSK BT03, and the Tranya B530's you may be surprised how good they sound for the $$.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #13,049 of 62,227
Is having AAC a good thing? I'm still new to all of this. Also, I updated my post with all of the Anbes 359 clones. There might be 6!
I believe AAC has better sound quality than SBC and on a Mac you can force the bit rate higher, which is pretty cool. I think AAC is the default codec for Apple as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back