Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 1, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #11,221 of 62,515
Keep testing BT20S+Kanas Pro pair. The burning-in of KPE adds more bass texture and instrument separation, though more obvious when wired. Borrowing political terms, they are the most acoustically "correct" IEM I've ever heard, deliberately tuned not to offend anybody. Rolled off trebles, controlled bass with good depth and layers. The sound stage is oval shaped, wide but not too deep. The sweetest spot in sound is for mezzo soprano or female sultry voice, giving the perfect tone and power combined. Away from that, the female voice with high notes tends to lack angelic charm, and angry, tough guys tend to go easy to punch my ear drums. Forget about classics. Overall to me they're a big upgrade from Anbes 359, almost identical sound sig and tone but better in everything, especially bass texture and a lot more details. It's very enjoyable listening to Pop and soft rock with these. They're now my go to pair for gym use, with more balanced weight around the ears and less pressure in ears, and more secure.

I'll say in SQ they're on the same level of Nuarl NT01ax and MW07, maybe a bit better, with different sound sig. Nuarl are better for soprano and classics or watching TVs, podcast, etc., and MW07 for that unique Beryllium addiction. I suspect that these "high-end" TWS are the limit of AAC and AptX. May need to go to AptX HD or LDAC for better. With a slight hope, though, I ordered BT20S MMCX to see how they go with multiple BAs like Westone W60 or ATH-E70.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #11,222 of 62,515
Great feedback. Thank you It is interesting to me that you are finding the sq similar - not better- than nuarl and mw07. In any event, I have thr beryllium dunu t6 here just waiting for my mmcx bt20s to arrive. The t6 definitely reminds me of the mw07 so I'm excited to hear how it pairs with the bt20. You are probably correct that bluetooth is becoming the limiting factor. We NEED ldac to take the next jump in sq. Hard to believe sony hasn't offered this yet. As other have postulated, ldac probably crushes battery life.

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #11,223 of 62,515
Great feedback. Thank you It is interesting to me that you are finding the sq similar - not better- than nuarl and mw07. In any event, I have thr beryllium dunu t6 here just waiting for my mmcx bt20s to arrive. The t6 definitely reminds me of the mw07 so I'm excited to hear how it pairs with the bt20. You are probably correct that bluetooth is becoming the limiting factor. We NEED ldac to take the next jump in sq. Hard to believe sony hasn't offered this yet. As other have postulated, ldac probably crushes battery life.
Can't wait for your feedback on t6. I just ordered MW07 (4th time, hopefully the last) from Drop for commute use. My impression on SQ may be biased, since their sound sig is not good for high-note females and classics, which are two of my favorite genres.

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #11,224 of 62,515
Keep testing BT20S+Kanas Pro pair. The burning-in of KPE adds more bass texture and instrument separation, though more obvious when wired. Borrowing political terms, they are the most acoustically "correct" IEM I've ever heard, deliberately tuned not to offend anybody. Rolled off trebles, controlled bass with good depth and layers. The sound stage is oval shaped, wide but not too deep. The sweetest spot in sound is for mezzo soprano or female sultry voice, giving the perfect tone and power combined. Away from that, the female voice with high notes tends to lack angelic charm, and angry, tough guys tend to go easy to punch my ear drums. Forget about classics. Overall to me they're a big upgrade from Anbes 359, almost identical sound sig and tone but better in everything, especially bass texture and a lot more details. It's very enjoyable listening to Pop and soft rock with these. They're now my go to pair for gym use, with more balanced weight around the ears and less pressure in ears, and more secure.

I'll say in SQ they're on the same level of Nuarl NT01ax and MW07, maybe a bit better, with different sound sig. Nuarl are better for soprano and classics or watching TVs, podcast, etc., and MW07 for that unique Beryllium addiction. I suspect that these "high-end" TWS are the limit of AAC and AptX. May need to go to AptX HD or LDAC for better. With a slight hope, though, I ordered BT20S MMCX to see how they go with multiple BAs like Westone W60 or ATH-E70.

my Kanas (the bassier-more aggressive sounding brother of the Kanas Pro) paired to BT20 compared to wired (Lyra cable) doesn't sound much different. I'd argue the difference is less because of bluetooth signal degrading (if any) vs wired, but more because the difference of the amps used (amps on theDAC/DAP vs amp of the BT20) . I'm comparing strictly with spotify. more so, that difference can only be detected by me on a really quiet environment. any added environmental noise, that difference would become negligible.

my other IEMs and earbuds also retain their sound like when used wired, except some of my more sensitive IEMs, that would have a bit of added hiss/noise with the BT20

maybe when comparing with higher quality files like Wavs or DSDs, the difference would be more apparent between BT and wired, or maybe not. others might be able to chime in.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #11,225 of 62,515
Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience with the 360s. I lost all bass on my JBLs and Senns but agree they were super comfortable. The 360s, however, went straight into the trash as I felt they made everything too bright and reduced the bass too much. Based on your experience, I think it may have been a fit issue for me as they are shorter to allow them to fit in TWS cases and narrower than the stock tips I have. I bought the Spinfit CP100z afterwards and am using them on the MTWs and they are fantastic. They are longer than the 360s which seems to help with SQ and seal for me. Size M fits in the case for the MTWs. Everyone's ears are shaped differently so this just shows that you really won't know what works for you until you try yourself...
Yea, that is really interesting, I also bought some cp100z, they are just sitting here becasue the holes look even more narrow. i'll have to give them a chance. Thanks for posting this, it really does go to show how ear buds and tips are very subjective.

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #11,226 of 62,515
Hey guys,

so I am in for a new IEM, more specific a TWS to supersede my SoundMagic E10. I am quite a fan of the sound signature of the E10, so the new IEM should have a similiar tuning/signature - means more bass and more highs than normal. So it just makes 'fun' it fun to listen.

Options are the
KZ T1 (33€ for me)
Mpow T5 (50€)
Mpow T6 (30€)

Personally, I want a bit better sound than the E10, but with the same tuning/signature. Also, I don't want the IEMs to stick out of my ears that much. Battery life is a tad 'concerning' for me, because I don't really know if I will have the battery case with me when I need it. For longer listening sessions I will probably will buy an other wired IEM.

So what are your thoughts on the above mentioned IEMs with focus on the sound I want and can I expect a little better sound in general? Which one would you take or do you have alternatives? Maybe you say to pay 80€ for Outlier Air is worth it?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #11,227 of 62,515

just want to leave my experience with the KZ T1 TWS.

Overall I will rip the case apart and cut the housings out and replace left and right. So annoying . And this is nothing you would have to ask from public beta feedback. This is obviouse if you try to use it once!

Have either of you had luck with getting the bottom plastic tray out of the KZ T1?

I’m trying with guitar pics, spludgers, needles, anything to get any purchase without any luck.

The only time I got anything was trying to wedge a screwdriver into the back lid hinge section, but it seemed like a was breaking the hinge instead of getting the tray out.

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #11,228 of 62,515
Is it my eyes or do the KZ T1 indeed use the Sabbat E12 case ?

I'm really still super happy with my X12, great sound and ideal for running to stay alert and avoid the "thump" of IEMs. It seems it's the only "earbud" TWS out there, other than the AIrpods of course :wink: I'll have to pick up another pair one day just in case I lose these. I wonder if the the X12 Ultra retain the same great sound, it does seem like they've moved from a Realtek to a QC chip though...

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #11,229 of 62,515
Hey guys,

so I am in for a new IEM, more specific a TWS to supersede my SoundMagic E10. I am quite a fan of the sound signature of the E10, so the new IEM should have a similiar tuning/signature - means more bass and more highs than normal. So it just makes 'fun' it fun to listen.

Options are the
KZ T1 (33€ for me)
Mpow T5 (50€)
Mpow T6 (30€)

Personally, I want a bit better sound than the E10, but with the same tuning/signature. Also, I don't want the IEMs to stick out of my ears that much. Battery life is a tad 'concerning' for me, because I don't really know if I will have the battery case with me when I need it. For longer listening sessions I will probably will buy an other wired IEM.

So what are your thoughts on the above mentioned IEMs with focus on the sound I want and can I expect a little better sound in general? Which one would you take or do you have alternatives?
Mpow T5 or Kissral R18 are the best bang for your bucks. Get both and don't come back here unless you need help with them or your wallet will be light :D

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #11,230 of 62,515
The UFO, I see :D - but I will only buy one pair of TWS^^
Okay, so I am in between the KZ T1, the Kissral R18 (Ufo case looks a bit weird) and the Mpow T5. Important for me is as I said that the sound signature should be somewhat like the E10, only better. Also which one is the tiniest?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #11,231 of 62,515
The UFO, I see :D - but I will only buy one pair of TWS^^
Okay, so I am in between the KZ T1, the Kissral R18 (Ufo case looks a bit weird) and the Mpow T5. Important for me is as I said that the sound signature should be somewhat like the E10, only better. Also which one is the tiniest?
UFO :) and Mpow T5 best SQ budget wise. Both have great treble, mids and bass. UFO has the better soundstage. I never heard the soundmagic E10.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #11,233 of 62,515
Is it my eyes or do the KZ T1 indeed use the Sabbat E12 case ?

I'm really still super happy with my X12, great sound and ideal for running to stay alert and avoid the "thump" of IEMs. It seems it's the only "earbud" TWS out there, other than the AIrpods of course :wink: I'll have to pick up another pair one day just in case I lose these. I wonder if the the X12 Ultra retain the same great sound, it does seem like they've moved from a Realtek to a QC chip though...

there are several other "earbuds" type TWS available (Mifo O2 for example) , but it seems no one here have bought them yet. i myself are content enough with the X12 that I'm hesitant to purchase another earbud type.

here's another earbud TWS
-1567811938-1052685310.jpg

Sep 1, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #11,234 of 62,515
there are several other "earbuds" type TWS available (Mifo O2 for example) , but it seems no one here have bought them yet. i myself are content enough with the X12 that I'm hesitant to purchase another earbud type.

here's another earbud TWS

I had the X12 pro's as well. But they aren't as good as the BT20/BT20S combined with mmcx earbuds.

20190825_172741.jpg

They're keeping me from purchasing a slew of TWS products lol.

Sep 1, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #11,235 of 62,515
I have my B530s in hand. Won't get a chance to give them an initial test until tonight. Hard to keep an eye on chitlens without being able to hear all they're getting into!

Also, if you're in the US, don't forget it's a holiday weekend so if they're scheduled to be delivered Sunday or Monday you probably won't get them until Tuesday.
Well you gave me the whammy. Cause of hurricane delay on the B530. Now ship date is Sept 2-4. Dang gone it. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back