Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 1, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #11,236 of 62,458
I had the X12 pro's as well. But they aren't as good as the BT20/BT20S combined with mmcx earbuds.

They're keeping me from purchasing a slew of TWS products lol.

the negative thing is, because of the BT20s combo successes, it made me purchase another BT20S and an IEM to go with it on the last Alix sale :sweat_smile:

when it arrives, it would my third BT20 combos in my collection

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #11,237 of 62,458
my Kanas (the bassier-more aggressive sounding brother of the Kanas Pro) paired to BT20 compared to wired (Lyra cable) doesn't sound much different. I'd argue the difference is less because of bluetooth signal degrading (if any) vs wired, but more because the difference of the amps used (amps on theDAC/DAP vs amp of the BT20) . I'm comparing strictly with spotify. more so, that difference can only be detected by me on a really quiet environment. any added environmental noise, that difference would become negligible.

my other IEMs and earbuds also retain their sound like when used wired, except some of my more sensitive IEMs, that would have a bit of added hiss/noise with the BT20

maybe when comparing with higher quality files like Wavs or DSDs, the difference would be more apparent between BT and wired, or maybe not. others might be able to chime in.
I wired KPE with stock cable and plugged in my phone LG V30 to do the burn-in playing lossless files like ALAC, FLAC, APE, WAV, etc. From time to time I picked them up and listened a couple of songs. I did notice the difference after the burn-in and replaced with BT20S as I mentioned, not so significant but more than before burn-in. This was in a quiet environment. Another noticeable difference is the low hiss with BT20S, especially during a silent period within a song, hence a higher noise floor. I don't tend to test the wired outside, since I got KPE specifically to pair with BT20S, and stock cable is just not comfortable for me.

I do hope that BT20S can do well with my W60. If the difference is like that in KPE, that'll be my end-game FTM. Wait and see...

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #11,238 of 62,458
I wired KPE with stock cable and plugged in my phone LG V30 to do the burn-in playing lossless files like ALAC, FLAC, APE, WAV, etc. From time to time I picked them up and listened a couple of songs. I did notice the difference after the burn-in and replaced with BT20S as I mentioned, not so significant but more than before burn-in. This was in a quiet environment. Another noticeable difference is the low hiss with BT20S, especially during a silent period within a song, hence a higher noise floor. I don't tend to test the wired outside, since I got KPE specifically to pair with BT20S, and stock cable is just not comfortable for me.

I do hope that BT20S can do well with my W60. If the difference is like that in KPE, that'll be my end-game FTM. Wait and see...

does youtlr W60 require less/more volume than your KPE when connected with wire to the same device? if it's more sensitive (use less volume gain than the KPE), chances are the hiss would be more noticable. might i suggest the BT20 instead, which is less powerful than the BT20S and has less hiss

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #11,239 of 62,458
does youtlr W60 require less/more volume than your KPE when connected with wire to the same device? if it's more sensitive (use less volume gain than the KPE), chances are the hiss would be more noticable. might i suggest the BT20 instead, which is less powerful than the BT20S and has less hiss
Thanks for the suggestion. That's good to know. They're easier to drive, yes, but I'm not sure if it's the cable or the earbuds themselves. The ultra thin cable with W60 is much less demanding than other cables, definitely than the KPE stock cable . I could not find the sensitivity value of KPE so hard to compare. I already ordered the BT20S so I'll see how they go first. Besides BT20S connect to my LG v30 automatically with AptX, which is a plus for me. I always doubt that the AAC in V30 is inferior, which is apparent with my Earin M2, so anything default to AptX is welcome.

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #11,240 of 62,458
Got mine today but had a crazy day no testing yet. Got half refund yesterday. I am excited to try these out. Any Bluetooth adapter recommendations that I can plug into my musical paradise tube amp these will connect too? I have one of those generic push button adapters with headphone jack but can't get them to pair to it.
Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, Anyone, Anyone...
Any suggestions on bt adapters I can use?
Thanks

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #11,241 of 62,458
I had the X12 pro's as well. But they aren't as good as the BT20/BT20S combined with mmcx earbuds.

They're keeping me from purchasing a slew of TWS products lol.

I have one BT20S coming in. Just not anytime soon. We'll see if my patience holds out.

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #11,242 of 62,458
Thanks for the suggestion. That's good to know. They're easier to drive, yes, but I'm not sure if it's the cable or the earbuds themselves. The ultra thin cable with W60 is much less demanding than other cables, definitely than the KPE stock cable . I could not find the sensitivity value of KPE so hard to compare. I already ordered the BT20S so I'll see how they go first. Besides BT20S connect to my LG v30 automatically with AptX, which is a plus for me. I always doubt that the AAC in V30 is inferior, which is apparent with my Earin M2, so anything default to AptX is welcome.

just curious, my M2 when i switch it from Aptx to AAC, the touch control would be disabled.. does your M2 do that too?

sometimes when i use the M2 for sleeping, i intentionally switch it to AAC so it doesn't do unwanted play/pause.
i know it was supposed to be a bug, but i utilized it as a feature :ksc75smile:

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #11,243 of 62,458
So I fitted large spinfit cp350 tips on the tevi and it increased the mid bass and tamed the mid highs which I had found a bit too hot.

bdK9rPA.jpg

Sep 2, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #11,244 of 62,458
It's my first post in this thread (in the entire website actually). :D So I've tested the waters of the Chi-Fi TWS earphones with the QCY QS2 and I'm loving it. I was looking for an upgrade and was looking at the Mpow T5, Nillkin Go and the Tranya T3.

The only thing that's keeping me from buying the Mpow is the fact that the earphones blink while in use.

Are there any other recommendations that I should look at and any insights that might be valuable to me in going down this rabbit hole? :D

Thanks in advance.

Sep 2, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #11,245 of 62,458
Hey guys,

so I am in for a new IEM, more specific a TWS to supersede my SoundMagic E10. I am quite a fan of the sound signature of the E10, so the new IEM should have a similiar tuning/signature - means more bass and more highs than normal. So it just makes 'fun' it fun to listen.

Options are the
KZ T1 (33€ for me)
Mpow T5 (50€)
Mpow T6 (30€)

Personally, I want a bit better sound than the E10, but with the same tuning/signature. Also, I don't want the IEMs to stick out of my ears that much. Battery life is a tad 'concerning' for me, because I don't really know if I will have the battery case with me when I need it. For longer listening sessions I will probably will buy an other wired IEM.

So what are your thoughts on the above mentioned IEMs with focus on the sound I want and can I expect a little better sound in general? Which one would you take or do you have alternatives? Maybe you say to pay 80€ for Outlier Air is worth it?

Oh wow, Soundmagic E10 brings back old memories, I think that was the first time someone said 'check the reviews on Head-Fi' ... yep, this is how I ended up here :)

Anyhoo, i know I liked the E10 that much that I bought a second pair, if I recall correctly, the soundsig is V shaped, ample bass and highs (basically what the 'loudness' button on old stereos was for)

One thing you did not mention, do you plan on using the TWS for working out? and do you sweat a lot ... In this case I would not go for the KZ T1, afaik no IPX rating. They have great sound, but the volume 'hump' can possibly annoying (there's like nothing between 30% vol and 65%) .... The Mpow T5 would match your wish for 'E10, just better' closest, but they do stick out a bit .. not Bose SSF bad, but yeah, they are out there.

The Anbes 359 (or now Kissral something) are really nice and flush and great sound. But you would possibly even be happy with the QCY T1 (tried them yesterday first time on a run and was impressed with the sound and the connection ... more stable connection than my Bose or Sony!) ...

And yeah, we all say 'only one more TWS' :D

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #11,246 of 62,458
Sep 2, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #11,247 of 62,458
Oh wow, Soundmagic E10 brings back old memories, I think that was the first time someone said 'check the reviews on Head-Fi' ... yep, this is how I ended up here :)

Anyhoo, i know I liked the E10 that much that I bought a second pair, if I recall correctly, the soundsig is V shaped, ample bass and highs (basically what the 'loudness' button on old stereos was for)

One thing you did not mention, do you plan on using the TWS for working out? and do you sweat a lot ... In this case I would not go for the KZ T1, afaik no IPX rating. They have great sound, but the volume 'hump' can possibly annoying (there's like nothing between 30% vol and 65%) .... The Mpow T5 would match your wish for 'E10, just better' closest, but they do stick out a bit .. not Bose SSF bad, but yeah, they are out there.

The Anbes 359 (or now Kissral something) are really nice and flush and great sound. But you would possibly even be happy with the QCY T1 (tried them yesterday first time on a run and was impressed with the sound and the connection ... more stable connection than my Bose or Sony!) ...

And yeah, we all say 'only one more TWS' :D
Yeah, I’m always like “this is the last one, really!”

You know you have a problem when you’re wearing a pair and you can’t figure out which control scheme to use because you can’t remember which TWS you’re wearing.

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #11,248 of 62,458
Yeah, I’m always like “this is the last one, really!”

You know you have a problem when you’re wearing a pair and you can’t figure out which control scheme to use because you can’t remember which TWS you’re wearinger.

And you know you have too many when you find / order a new pair and later realize you already have that one :wink:

Sep 2, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #11,249 of 62,458
It's my first post in this thread (in the entire website actually). :D So I've tested the waters of the Chi-Fi TWS earphones with the QCY QS2 and I'm loving it. I was looking for an upgrade and was looking at the Mpow T5, Nillkin Go and the Tranya T3.

The only thing that's keeping me from buying the Mpow is the fact that the earphones blink while in use.

Are there any other recommendations that I should look at and any insights that might be valuable to me in going down this rabbit hole? :D

Thanks in advance.

Those 3 fall into the same sound category in my book. Like them all 3, the Tranya and the Nilkin do NOT have blinking lights while playing music. (Never really noticed on the Mpow, but now that you say it ... yes, they blink)

Depending on what your usage is (working out? passive noise cancelling?) and what type of music you like, the Mifo O5 (Pro, with a BA driver) do a great job in passive NC, while sounding awesome.
Then there's the Anbes 359, you can find tons of positive 'hype' here, it appears that they are not easy to find anymore, only rebrands like Kisreal or something like that ... UFO shaped housing, buds very flush, great for running.
Something really special in sound signature are the new KZ T1 (BA & DD drivers), but it's a public beta and has a couple of quirks, maybe wait for the next version

For some more ideas how to burn your well earned LKR on TWS, may I recommend @Bartig 's evil collection of eye-candy and reviews on scarbir.com :D

oh, and don't go buy these at Majestic City :wink: They are not real Bose :D

notbose.jpg

Sep 2, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #11,250 of 62,458
there are several other "earbuds" type TWS available (Mifo O2 for example) , but it seems no one here have bought them yet. i myself are content enough with the X12 that I'm hesitant to purchase another earbud type.

here's another earbud TWS

Thanks, what model is that ? The case seems elaborate with its battery level display in digits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back