Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 2, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #11,251 of 62,586
So I fitted large spinfit cp350 tips on the tevi and it increased the mid bass and tamed the mid highs which I had found a bit too hot.

bdK9rPA.jpg
Did you try the inlcuded Flexfit foam tips? I use the large one.

Sep 2, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #11,252 of 62,586
Thanks, what model is that ? The case seems elaborate with its battery level display in digits.

it has different names. the best way is to use image search with that picture. i find the image search of the AE app is quite good nowadays

Sep 2, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #11,253 of 62,586
Had never used that feature of the app, it works well indeed. It found a couple, cheapest is 21€. It seems to be the same basic design as the X12 (shape of the buds, openings, etc...) with a different case. After the T8 "X12 Clones" (or whatever they were called) fiasco It would probably be safer to get an extra pair of X12 Pros though. The X12 Ultra could be interesting too but I wonder how much of an impact the QC chip has compared to the RT one.

Sep 2, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #11,254 of 62,586
After the T8 "X12 Clones" (or whatever they were called) fiasco

wow ... is that still a thing? :D

funny enough, I actually listened to them again today (those T8) .. and for cheap, they are not total rubbish (like i..e. the 15$ D015), actually kinda enjoyed it (yep, trying to keep all my babies in rotation) ... but now I want to charge up my X12 again ... has been a while ...

Sep 2, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #11,255 of 62,586
One thing you did not mention, do you plan on using the TWS for working out? and do you sweat a lot ... In this case I would not go for the KZ T1, afaik no IPX rating. They have great sound, but the volume 'hump' can possibly annoying (there's like nothing between 30% vol and 65%) .... The Mpow T5 would match your wish for 'E10, just better' closest, but they do stick out a bit .. not Bose SSF bad, but yeah, they are out there.

The Anbes 359 (or now Kissral something) are really nice and flush and great sound. But you would possibly even be happy with the QCY T1 (tried them yesterday first time on a run and was impressed with the sound and the connection ... more stable connection than my Bose or Sony!) ...
Yes, I wanted to use them for working out as well, but I don't sweat that much at my ears :D. According to scarbir the KZ T1s have a IPX4 rating, he also mentions USB-C - which we know, isn't true.. It also is the only information on the web about it.
Volume control shouldn't be an issue as I am and Android user and the problem only exists on iOS.

I heard rumours that KZ stopped the production. Does anyone know about this?
Sticking out too much out of my ears is a no go. I can't live with big stones in my ears, sorry :smile:
So it is Kissral R18 aka the UFO vs KZ T1. I will have a look at the QCY T1 :) But can they have really a better sound at this price point than my SoundMagic E10s?
How would you rate the the mentioned TWS in consideration of v-shape sound and sticking out of the ears?

Something really special in sound signature are the new KZ T1 (BA & DD drivers), but it's a public beta and has a couple of quirks, maybe wait for the next version
Is it still public beta? I can't find this information on their website anymore.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #11,257 of 62,586
Yes, I wanted to use them for working out as well, but I don't sweat that much at my ears :D. According to scarbir the KZ T1s have a IPX4 rating, he also mentions USB-C - which we know, isn't true.. It also is the only information on the web about it.
Volume control shouldn't be an issue as I am and Android user and the problem only exists on iOS.

Sticking out too much out of my ears is a no go. I can't live with big stones in my ears, sorry :smile:
So it is Kissral R18 aka the UFO vs KZ T1. I will have a look at the QCY T1 :) But can they have really a better sound at this price point than my SoundMagic E10s?
How would you rate the the mentioned TWS in consideration of v-shape sound and sticking out of the ears?

Is it still public beta? I can't find this information on their website anymore.

I think all the ones that were shipped were 'public beta' ... or that was at least their excuse for a not super polished (but very well sounding) product.
I asked @Bartig (scarbir.com) how he got the IPX4 info and he drew a blank :wink: I guess with so many TWS around, some info gets lost / mixed up sometimes.

I was actually very surprised by the sound of the QCY T1 when I first heard them, maybe as much as when I had the E10 the first time ... not really in the mood to dig out the E10 and do some analytical comparison ... maybe on the weekend ... but at 20$ i'd say just get them :D

Sep 2, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #11,258 of 62,586
I generally try to stick to rubber tips. Foam wears out and has to do the press the foam flat and let it expand thing.
But foam is more comfortable in my opinion. No "vacuum-feel" like the silicone tips, and no change in sound with chewing or opening/shutting the mouth. Less noise while walking/running too.
I also think foam gives a bit warmer sound, with a bit more bass. That's very suitable for the Tevis.

Sep 2, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #11,259 of 62,586

Just seeing that both the Kissral and the QCY are available at amazon.de you could order, listen to, send back if you don't like :wink:

Sep 2, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #11,260 of 62,586
I was actually very surprised by the sound of the QCY T1 when I first heard them, maybe as much as when I had the E10 the first time ... not really in the mood to dig out the E10 and do some analytical comparison ... maybe on the weekend ... but at 20$ i'd say just get them :D

Well, I ordered the QCY T1, the Killaris. I will order the KZ T1s on KZs website as well I think. :D crap :D I wanted to stick with one TWS :L3000:

Too late, ordered all of the mentioned ones and the Mpow T5, as it was on sale on amazon. Only one I haven't bought yet is the KZ T1^^

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #11,261 of 62,586
H
But foam is more comfortable in my opinion. No "vacuum-feel" like the silicone tips, and no change in sound with chewing or opening/shutting the mouth. Less noise while walking/running too.
I also think foam gives a bit warmer sound, with a bit more bass. That's very suitable for the Tevis.

Mine only came with one pair of foam tips. Did your tevi come with different foam tips of different sizes?

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #11,263 of 62,586
just curious, my M2 when i switch it from Aptx to AAC, the touch control would be disabled.. does your M2 do that too?

sometimes when i use the M2 for sleeping, i intentionally switch it to AAC so it doesn't do unwanted play/pause.
i know it was supposed to be a bug, but i utilized it as a feature :ksc75smile:
Yeah they do that. I pinned customer support about this, and they claimed that it's designed on purpose:)
BTW, I'm new to BT20S, is there a way to make their cable yield a little bit and reform? Some posts mentioned hair blower, but I want to know more details before I try.

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #11,264 of 62,586
Yeah they do that. I pinned customer support about this, and they claimed that it's designed on purpose:)
BTW, I'm new to BT20S, is there a way to make their cable yield a little bit and reform? Some posts mentioned hair blower, but I want to know more details before I try.

I dont think the cable can be reformed. That said, the fit is very good for me. I find the bt20 more comfortable than most of my tw sets except maybe the powerbeats pro.

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #11,265 of 62,586

I dont think the cable can be reformed. That said, the fit is very good for me. I find the bt20 more comfortable than most of my tw sets except maybe the powerbeats pro.

yes you can form it to some extend with heat. here is my unit (after forming) compared to the original slot of the box

20190718_093056.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back