Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 2, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #11,266 of 62,025
Well, I ordered the QCY T1, the Killaris. I will order the KZ T1s on KZs website as well I think. :D **** :D I wanted to stick with one TWS :L3000:

Too late, ordered all of the mentioned ones and the Mpow T5, as it was on sale on amazon. Only one I haven't bought yet is the KZ T1^^

You didn't get the ZagZog on time? at 29.99€ that was a great flash deal price :wink: ah well, keep on your radar for next flash deal maybe .. just listening to them again and I like 'em as much as the Tranya & Mpow .. and they have vol control on the buds as well ... :wink:

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #11,267 of 62,025
the negative thing is, because of the BT20s combo successes, it made me purchase another BT20S and an IEM to go with it on the last Alix sale :sweat_smile:

when it arrives, it would my third BT20 combos in my collection

I'm on my 4th lol. 1st BT20 I killed doing laundry. 2nd BT20 I sold when I received two BT20S' I ordered at the same time.

Yeah they do that. I pinned customer support about this, and they claimed that it's designed on purpose:)
BTW, I'm new to BT20S, is there a way to make their cable yield a little bit and reform? Some posts mentioned hair blower, but I want to know more details before I try.

Just bend it past where you want it a few times. Hair dryer not needed.

I've actually changed the ear hooks on my BT20S, they have a spring steel 'memory wire' inside. It can be worked into the shape you want.

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #11,269 of 62,025
How did you do that? They're comfortable, but the way they bend now makes KPE less sealed.

i just bent them past a certain point while heating it, but from what @assassin10000 said, the heat should not be necessary after all because there's a steel wire inside it, so i conclude the bending it alone would suffice. I've done it on four units (two of mine, and two of my friend's) with success.

my friend told me had i not re-formed the cable on his unit, he would have immediately sell it because he would never get them to fit comfortably and achieve a seal out of the box.

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #11,270 of 62,025
i just bent them past a certain point while heating it, but from what @assassin10000 said, the heat should not be necessary after all because there's a steel wire inside it, so i conclude the bending it alone would suffice. I've done it on four units (two of mine, and two of my friend's) with success.

my friend told me had i not re-formed the cable on his unit, he would have immediately sell it because he would never get them to fit comfortably and achieve a seal out of the box.
Thanks!

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #11,271 of 62,025
Argg anticipation is a bitch. Silly storm is BS so far here in FL.

All this BT20S talk might have to get them on a sale in Oct-Nov. How low have they gone? Newer version coming? Have lots of KZ to put into my rotation.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #11,272 of 62,025
Those 3 fall into the same sound category in my book. Like them all 3, the Tranya and the Nilkin do NOT have blinking lights while playing music. (Never really noticed on the Mpow, but now that you say it ... yes, they blink)

Depending on what your usage is (working out? passive noise cancelling?) and what type of music you like, the Mifo O5 (Pro, with a BA driver) do a great job in passive NC, while sounding awesome.
Then there's the Anbes 359, you can find tons of positive 'hype' here, it appears that they are not easy to find anymore, only rebrands like Kisreal or something like that ... UFO shaped housing, buds very flush, great for running.
Something really special in sound signature are the new KZ T1 (BA & DD drivers), but it's a public beta and has a couple of quirks, maybe wait for the next version

For some more ideas how to burn your well earned LKR on TWS, may I recommend @Bartig 's evil collection of eye-candy and reviews on scarbir.com :D

oh, and don't go buy these at Majestic City :wink: They are not real Bose :D

Oh hey, a fellow Sri Lankan :D Nice to meet you here.

I would be using them for casual day-to-day use and running. I'd love to have good passive noise cancelling and I listen to almost all genres including some heavy rock and metal music. I'm tempted to get the Nillkin because of the smaller case, lower price and availability on AliExpress compared to the Tranyas which only ship to SL via their own website and are a bit more expensive than the Nillkin. Anbes was one of my options but I dropped it because I don't like the UFO case that much and since that getting a genuine Anbes 359 seeems to be a gamble.

@Bartig is the one who sent me down this rabbit hole. First found him when I was looking for a pair of budget bluetooth headphones and bought the OneAudio Elysium recommended by him and loved them. And then bought the QCY's recommended by him and also loving them :D His website is how i got to know about the Tranyas as well.

And, hell no I would never shop at Majestic City for anything when I can get the same or a better product from AliExpress for less than half the price. :wink:

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #11,273 of 62,025
And, hell no I would never shop at Majestic City for anything when I can get the same or a better product from AliExpress for less than half the price. :wink:

But hey, can't get fake Beats nor Bose on Aliexpress anymore :D Those days are over ... always laughing when I see that this stuff still exists though ... at MC

The Nilkin are lovely and yes, small .. I might need to give them some more time / love ... so far they have not won me over as much as the Tranya or the Mpow did.. but that could also be a timing / fitting issue. Have not done any ear tip rolling with them yet

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #11,274 of 62,025
But hey, can't get fake Beats nor Bose on Aliexpress anymore :D Those days are over ... always laughing when I see that this stuff still exists though ... at MC

The Nilkin are lovely and yes, small .. I might need to give them some more time / love ... so far they have not won me over as much as the Tranya or the Mpow did.. but that could also be a timing / fitting issue. Have not done any ear tip rolling with them yet

MC is filled with fake and counterfeit products from tech items to clothing to watches.

Could you give me a size comparison of the Nillkin case and the QCY case (and maybe the Airpods case if you have a pair and if it's not much of trouble)? If the case is very portable, I might just go for it since they're available on AliExpress for $29 which is literally half the price of the Tranyas with shipping costs added. I couldn't find any good reviews of the Nillkin yet, hence why I came to ask you guys. :D

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #11,275 of 62,025
Argg anticipation is a bitch. Silly storm is BS so far here in FL.

All this BT20S talk might have to get them on a sale in Oct-Nov. How low have they gone? Newer version coming? Have lots of KZ to put into my rotation.

even the older BT20 still hold up nicely. i tested it with my ZS10 Pro and they are a nice match

the Nillkin in some aspect is even better than some of my wired, to the point that if i don't need isolation, more often i would prefer to grab the Nillkin instead. the soundstage is more natural and has more "breathing space" feel to it.

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #11,276 of 62,025
You didn't get the ZagZog on time? at 29.99€ that was a great flash deal price :wink: ah well, keep on your radar for next flash deal maybe .. just listening to them again and I like 'em as much as the Tranya & Mpow .. and they have vol control on the buds as well ... :wink:
I did, Mpow T5, Kissral R18, ZagZog and QCY T1 will arrive tomorrow and the KZ T1 in around two weeks lol
I hope one pair of the ones which arrive tomorrow will look 'good' and have a good v-shape signature :) I ordered the T5, because it was on sale as well haha

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #11,277 of 62,025
MC is filled with fake and counterfeit products from tech items to clothing to watches.

Could you give me a size comparison of the Nillkin case and the QCY case (and maybe the Airpods case if you have a pair and if it's not much of trouble)? If the case is very portable, I might just go for it since they're available on AliExpress for $29 which is literally half the price of the Tranyas with shipping costs added. I couldn't find any good reviews of the Nillkin yet, hence why I came to ask you guys. :D

2FAA15D6-D138-45B3-9D92-2CA39CFDA952.jpeg B815BF1A-EFA8-4C0B-BEAC-982872ED2520.jpeg

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #11,278 of 62,025
Late to the party but from reading this thread a lot of you 'guys' have helped me in a good way. Much appreciated. Currently using the Tranya T3's and Astrotec (S80) Motivation. Defintite keepers for me. That's all so far, but maybe one more pair. Not looking to build a collection, (yeah I know). I've tried and sent back the Enacfire E18 Plus and Tranya T1 Pro's. For me, they're both good but not good enough.

So, found this, and am trying to be very selective on the affordable/cheap side. Any thoughts or experiences with this one? Has IPX7, Graphene coated drivers, and although they don't mention (that I can see) APTX, the claimed 10Hr. playtime per charge can't be achieved without some ultra low power chip like the Qualcomm QCC30xx.

amazon.com/dp/B07TM9HWXG/?coliid=I2EIB74X0975R8&colid=1J1GGSOIVDR0Q

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #11,279 of 62,025
I did, Mpow T5, Kissral R18, ZagZog and QCY T1 will arrive tomorrow and the KZ T1 in around two weeks lol
I hope one pair of the ones which arrive tomorrow will look 'good' and have a good v-shape signature :) I ordered the T5, because it was on sale as well haha

Very curious what you think of the Zagzog. Seems no one else here has them. There is a look alike on AliX that costs over 50$.

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #11,280 of 62,025
So, found this, and am trying to be very selective on the affordable/cheap side. Any thoughts or experiences with this one? Has IPX7, Graphene coated drivers, and although they don't mention (that I can see) APTX, the claimed 10Hr. playtime per charge can't be achieved without some ultra low power chip like the Qualcomm QCC30xx.

amazon.com/dp/B07TM9HWXG/?coliid=I2EIB74X0975R8&colid=1J1GGSOIVDR0Q
I like the case and the mic stick on the tws is not too bad. 10hr battery and Graphene too. I might check those out in Oct-Nov. I bet they sound good. My hopshoop is Graphene and I like em, but no aptx. Well see. Thanks for the link. Hopefully BA tws will get cheaper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back