Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 31, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #11,206 of 62,544
Anyone has tried the new JBL Flow? Battery life looks promising.

I posted about them a few weeks back. I bought it for the IPX7, battery life and ambient aware to use for cycling/workout but the ambient aware is not great compared to the MTWs which I also bought a few weeks ago and I quickly realized ambient noise would not be practical with wind noise anyway.

Soundwise, I think they are clear and balanced. This is my first JBL product but the reviews thus far seem to indicate it is a typical JBL sound signature (not really my cup of tea for critical listening but fine for workouts). V shaped, good bass and treble, mids sound thin to me but I am used to more mid-centric sound with less bass. I kept them because of battery life and IPX7 to use for rainy days, workouts and a backup to my MTW. Battery life is fantastic and I have not had enough time in a day to really test it but others report 8+ hours on a single charge.

I also kept them bc I got them for pretty cheap at a Harman store (had a 35% off coupon) but at $150, I think they are overpriced with no app, no aptX, no volume control, no USB C, and mediocre ambient aware mode. Probably better options out there if you dont need the IPX7/ambient mode. Also, if you put the right earbud back in the case, it will disconnect. However, I did discover that you could take the right one out and just keep it out of the case and just use the left bud if the right one is close by, which is nice and works fine given the great battery life (I do this occasionally at work at my desk) when I want a change of pace from my Shure SE425s that I keep in the office.

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #11,207 of 62,544
Tranya B530 shipped and received the first half of the reimbursement . Should get here tomorrow.
Got mine today but had a crazy day no testing yet. Got half refund yesterday. I am excited to try these out. Any Bluetooth adapter recommendations that I can plug into my musical paradise tube amp these will connect too? I have one of those generic push button adapters with headphone jack but can't get them to pair to it.

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #11,208 of 62,544
:L3000: Good description of the sound, but regarding the bass, if you get a good fit and seal, there's plenty of bass. No, maybe not the rumbling type, but deep and punchy enough for making an exciting listen.
Compared it just now to the QCY T2C, and there's marginally less bass overall. But my God how much more detailed, clear and crisp the Tevis sound, without any sign of sibilance as well!

I commented on the BT range and stability some time ago. I found out why I had a little problem. My ear canals fit all in-ear buds very good. Almost too good, as they go deep inside. That was a little problematic with the Tevis and the BT connection, so I switched to the large sized included foam tips. Now it sticks marginally out more, but that was enough to secure a better connection.
What tips do you use?

And about the Mpow design, as I've posted before, Lypertek made their own tooling and tuned the sound by themselves to meet their requirements. So it's not just the usb-c and fabric coated charging box that's the difference I guess...
I'm using the largest tips that came with my xiaomi wired earphones, I like them with tws buds that are of this design, it creates a good seal and gives good bass.

As far as I can tell, probably the top half of the shell and the button is their own design, the bottom half is the same as mpow and the case is the same except the USB-C port. The driver tuning is definitely different between the tevi, t5 and aviot te-d01g which also uses the same bud design platform. Some pics below for comparison. I can charge the buds in the cases interchangably with no issues.

DjFgZ9i.jpg

0z4LFgA.jpg

PMFWPTC.jpg

XfHfY8D.jpg

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #11,209 of 62,544
As a long time user of JVC Spiral Dots, I recently took the plunge and paid 11.99 for two pair of Spinfit 360's. As far as fit is concerned for all my TWS' they feel fantastic. In my comparisons I noticed the spinfits made the sound a bit louder and gave the T5's more punchy mid bass, more balanced mids and a pretty noticeable reduction in clarity. I didn't notice quite as much with my 359's, but the bass seemed a bit more smashed together the clarity was also effected. cymbals and attack on snare drums and high hats were just not as realistic and live sounding, panning guitars and instruments seems less dramatic, Guitars had more attack, but less crunch as well. I also noticed that the imaging was more central and the sound stage wasn't quite as wide. I tested these using the new tool album as reference, the recording and engineering is incredible. It's kind of a bummer because I really like the way these fit and feel. However, I will say that I was listening to a playlist yesterday and after about 5 songs it dawned on me that certain songs i'd heard several times before sounded better to me while using the 360 tips. This was partly to never hearing them in AptX but also the T5's do lack Low mid bass and the 360's do a great job boosting this. It really makes the mids on the sound different to my ears. So If you want pure clarity and an unimpeded tip that lets you experience exactly how the TWS's was designed then the JVC Spinfit is for you, but myself like many of you, like a lot of different sound signatures, you may want to grab some 360's if you haven't already. BTW, You can also get 3 pairs of Spinfits for $10 from PENON.

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience with the 360s. I lost all bass on my JBLs and Senns but agree they were super comfortable. The 360s, however, went straight into the trash as I felt they made everything too bright and reduced the bass too much. Based on your experience, I think it may have been a fit issue for me as they are shorter to allow them to fit in TWS cases and narrower than the stock tips I have. I bought the Spinfit CP100z afterwards and am using them on the MTWs and they are fantastic. They are longer than the 360s which seems to help with SQ and seal for me. Size M fits in the case for the MTWs. Everyone's ears are shaped differently so this just shows that you really won't know what works for you until you try yourself...

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #11,210 of 62,544
I'm using the largest tips that came with my xiaomi wired earphones, I like them with tws buds that are of this design, it creates a good seal and gives good bass.

As far as I can tell, probably the top half of the shell and the button is their own design, the bottom half is the same as mpow and the case is the same except the USB-C port. The driver tuning is definitely different between the tevi, t5 and aviot te-d01g which also uses the same bud design platform. Some pics below for comparison. I can charge the buds in the cases interchangably with no issues.

DjFgZ9i.jpg

0z4LFgA.jpg

PMFWPTC.jpg

XfHfY8D.jpg

nice! how do they compare in sound preference?

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #11,212 of 62,544
Advanced is teasing a new M5 tw headset. Looks to be more premium than the existing one. LDAC pretty please...

If you check the thread earlier, you would see people posting a link from alibaba that resembles the M5 pretty closely.. a rebranded OEM? or re-tuned oem?

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #11,213 of 62,544
I have not tried the Jabra before. It has a very high resolution sound, mids and highs sounds very realistic. Definitely not for bass heads as the there's no rumbling bass, the bass is "polite". Soundstage is huge, spacious left-right, and good sense of front space. It uses the mpow t5 design, right down to the charging case, but the charging case uses usb-c instead of the mpow's micro USB.
cool! I have thought about the t5's too since its been highly raved.. but not letting GAS get the better of me

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #11,214 of 62,544
The tevi sounds neutral with mids and mid highs a tad elevated. The bass only comes in when absolutely called for. I would probably say it caters more to the audiophile crowd.

other than different sound signature (I'd reckon the T5 is more bassy and warm?) , would you say that they're on the same level of sound quality, or different?

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #11,215 of 62,544
other than different sound signature (I'd reckon the T5 is more bassy and warm?) , would you say that they're on the same level of sound quality, or different?
The t5 is warmer and has more bass. The sound signature is different, so it would be difficult to compare. Both are good in their own ways. T5 is excellent for consumer-friendly sound, while the tevi sounds very spacious and airy and has higher resolution.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #11,216 of 62,544
The t5 is warmer and has more bass. The sound signature is different, so it would be difficult to compare. Both are good in their own ways. T5 is excellent for consumer-friendly sound, while the tevi sounds very spacious and airy and has higher resolution.

man... you made me wanting the Tevi... i got too much BT wireless already :weary:

Sep 1, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #11,218 of 62,544

DjFgZ9i.jpg

0z4LFgA.jpg

PMFWPTC.jpg

XfHfY8D.jpg
Thanks for the comparison. Lypertek boasts of 10h battery life and graphene driver. Guess that's why the Tevis are slightly different in the top half of the shelf? Different hardware inside?
I've not tested if my Tevis do 10h with 50% volume and SBC, since my iPhone is AAC and I play maybe 60% volume in average. But they certainly last longer than the 5h stated in the T5 specs.
BTW, did they spray your lid with perfume? :)

Sep 1, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #11,219 of 62,544
Thanks for the comparison. Lypertek boasts of 10h battery life and graphene driver. Guess that's why the Tevis are slightly different in the top half of the shelf? Different hardware inside?
I've not tested if my Tevis do 10h with 50% volume and SBC, since my iPhone is AAC and I play maybe 60% volume in average. But they certainly last longer than the 5h stated in the T5 specs.
BTW, did they spray your lid with perfume? :)
The top half of the tevi is thicker, so it may be housing a bigger battery. There isn't any perfume smell on my case.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #11,220 of 62,544
If you check the thread earlier, you would see people posting a link from alibaba that resembles the M5 pretty closely.. a rebranded OEM? or re-tuned oem?
Interesting. I have to believe advanced is sourcing the shell and case and probably chipset but will be tuning these to their own preferences. I would certainly hope so at least. For a small company sourcing like that may make sense. I will be interested in seeing the specs versus the Ali versions which sell for 108.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back