Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 19, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #10,651 of 62,143
I am having trouble with my Mifo O5, they won't pair to each other anymore!

I think I read about this here before, but can't find it.

Been going through the motions of in / out the case, manually power off / on ... trying the manual 'get into pairing mode' ... making all ext devices that ever handshook with them forget them and try new pair ... last time it took me 15 minutes of fiddling around and i finally had them paired again ... listen to music for an hour, back in the case ... this morning same issue and I just don't have the time / patience to go through all that again

Also did that long reset press and consulted the manual

Any other smart ideas? Anything substantial I am overlooking?

try to charge its case with the buds are inside?

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #10,653 of 62,143
I highly suspect that the Soundpeats TruePods are basically the QCY T3 with a different eartip version.
The build looks literally the same, the case was copycat too.

As soon as I gather up enough money I'll compare my upcoming QCY T3 (2 days left) to my REALLY FAR LATER Soundpeats lol

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #10,654 of 62,143
I highly suspect that the Soundpeats TruePods are basically the QCY T3 with a different eartip version.
The build looks literally the same, the case was copycat too.

As soon as I gather up enough money I'll compare my upcoming QCY T3 (2 days left) to my REALLY FAR LATER Soundpeats lol

I think you could be right ... looking at this photo from one of the AliX feedbacks, that shows what the QCY looks like under the 'weird' silicon tip, one could imagine that SoundPeats covered that with some rubber material, and then just used a regular tip on the front end ... but the SQ might be different .. I see at least one air vent potentially covered by the Soundpeat rubber cover

soundpeats.jpg

Notice that the Soundpeats has USB C port, while QCY has microUSB

Looking forward to your comparison (eventually)

Aug 19, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #10,657 of 62,143
Every now and then I browse around hoping to find something 'new' ... not yet another airpod clone, not the same pill shape ...

well, be careful what you wish for:

"Comfortable" is the last word that comes to mind when I see those :wink: there's no silicon ear tip, nor some earbud style round shape ...

who's gonna try those? :D
That looks....uncomfortable.... :fearful:

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #10,658 of 62,143
Well this is a turnaround that I would never thought would happen. The X-18S have amazingly opened up and the treble is now beautiful sparkly. Soundstage is a bit there not bad, but nowhere near 359.
After listening to an audiobook I noticed a clearer SQ and decided to play my go to song I Was Wrong by Chris Stapleton and was blown away.
The bass was always good, but now clearly pronounced. Holy crap. 4.2BT, 3.5 battery and no volume control is the only let down, but for $13 they totally are enjoyable. I will update my overview. Whoa what a great surprise. I now have 5 out of 6 that totally enjoy. If you want a backup get these and run some music for a week. I bought these on ebay earlier this year and boy am I happy I got these. I'll try and see if the call quality is good sometime this week.
Link: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273967194325

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #10,659 of 62,143
Well i got the lenovo yesterday,and i have only listened to it for a couple of hours.
The first thing that got my attention was that it looks identical to the the tranya T3,except the control button. The case is also identical except that the lid is not transparen like the Tranya,and a different color to the case.
The reviewer that said he could not control anything but play pause must of had a faulty one or a version 1 or something,cause my pair can control both track skipping and volume.

Sound wise it it almost identical to Tranya (measured them both) except that Lenovo has less elevated bass,which to me sound more natural for the majority of my music.
So Lenovo was a big suprise to me and a easy recomendation for the money

Looking at the Lenovos. Do they have mono mode? Really don't understand why more TWS earbuds/earphones don't have the simple functionality to take only one side out (either one, doesn't matter which) and use while the other stays in the case.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #10,660 of 62,143
Aug 19, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #10,662 of 62,143
Like stated on the Walkman Blog, looks like Sony will have another one coming...the WF-H800
WFH800_fcc_1.jpg

WFH800_fcc_5.jpg

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #10,664 of 62,143
Don't care about NC or some of that stuff but might be interested if they adopted the 4GB on board like the SP900. Otherwise the Backbay are solid enough till new stuff comes along. The things I want for the future is on board storage, on board/no app EQ settings, TWS(no master salve), and magnetic attaching buds with on/off so you can leave the case home if you want(and enough battery life to do it ~ 15H is good enough) :)

Hopefully Sony has them do something different or I don't see the interest. They can't just strip things from the 1000 and put a cheap price.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #10,665 of 62,143
magnetic attaching buds with on/off so you can leave the case home if you want(and enough battery life to do it ~ 15H

Now that is an idea I like. I value having a relatively slim case - pocket-ability being valued at a premium- but also being able to turn off the buds and set them aside clipped together is very appealing to me. I'd be fine if they have 8H - I want a big dynamic driver in there if I get my choice. I also care not at all about ANC. Good call quality is very important, but passive isolation is all that I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back