Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 30, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #9,901 of 62,574
Ahh, buddy! Can you compare with the MTW? Honestly, ANC for in-ears is not something I really care about, since isolation itself is typically sufficient. Marketing pieces made it sound like the audio would be improved and "high res"!

With only sbc and aac they were never going to be hi res and Sony never made any such claim. Mine should arrive before the end of the week

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #9,903 of 62,574
Will be interested in your impressions.

Yup, will update when my pre-order goes through. Glad to hear the XM3 is starting to arrive stateside.

The battery drain on the MTW didn't bug me too much (I'm always constantly charging up my gear). But the fit is complete garage to me. The MTW stay in my ear but the chunkiness means that the nozzles can't go in deep. And to make matters worse, Senn only includes narrow ear tips. They should be long tips; I dunno What they were thinking. I managed to find some SpinFits I had lying around that work, but they fall off the nozzle too easily. I must say, getting a deep insertion brings the SQ up significantly, but good luck getting there.

Judging by my old WF-1000X pair, Sony gets ear tip fit better. Never had a problem getting a good seal. Hope it's the same with the XM3.

Passive noise isolation has always been one of my pet peeves with the MTW. It's average at best. So look forward to the ANC on the XM3. As far as SQ, I can accept that true wireless aren't gonna get there. It's for the convenience. Just want something decent-sounding. For sit-down sessions, I have wired IEMs :)

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #9,904 of 62,574
lol,ebay has plenty new ones for approx 200
I bet even cheaper that 3.5hr battery is a joke for $300, so overpriced. Yeah yeah I bet the SQ is top notch but still.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #9,906 of 62,574
agree with you on that...could have had one used for like 150 ish but went for the bose instead which i got for arnd 80 and am mostly very happy with them

You guys are reminding me of why I dumped them. Battery life is definitely atrocious. 3 hours at best. Mine were dying at closer to 2 hours. Those large drivers must crush the battery. And the fins kept falling off. 2 pairs did this and M&D customer service was not helpful.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #9,907 of 62,574
agree with you on that...could have had one used for like 150 ish but went for the bose instead which i got for arnd 80 and am mostly very happy with them
Did you get any luck finding the 359?

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #9,909 of 62,574
well thing is am kinda turning into a hoarder , thanks to you guys lol ....and am not sure if i shud buy another pair...am trying real hard not to :)
How about a Tally of what you have? :)

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #9,910 of 62,574
My Sony's arrived from BB today. My initial impression (limited primarily to sound quality ) is disappointing. Going on my memory of the SP-700n, these sound identical. That's not to say that they are poor or even bad as the SP-700n sound fine and even good. But I had hoped that these might jump to the level of the Senns or the MW07. I think they must be using the same driver and tuning. The ANC is dramatically improved from the joke of ANC on the SP-700n. The fit and finish is superb. Definitely feel like a high end product. In the end, it's all about SQ for me however. I need to listen more but they may be going back.
I hope they magically sound better with time. I had high hopes for these.
I may have lost my Earin M2s which sucks! I'm hoping i left them up north and have to wait tell the weekend to get back up there. If I did lose them I really want to get the Sony's (not that it would stop me anyways) but I don't really bring my Senns or E8s out to much which is why I liked the M2s so much due to there low profile.

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #9,911 of 62,574
well started with the apple airpods...hated hated the fit, sound was mediocre...then i got the tronsmart spunky...fit was wayyy better, sound was better too but still v mediocre....then i got the treblab x5 and the bose together ...very happy with both of them....just wish bose went a lil deeper inside the ears...and have a qcy tws lying someplace...have hardly used it

there u go, my hoard...so far

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #9,912 of 62,574
well started with the apple airpods...hated hated the fit, sound was mediocre...then i got the tronsmart spunky...fit was wayyy better, sound was better too but still v mediocre....then i got the treblab x5 and the bose together ...very happy with both of them....just wish bose went a lil deeper inside the ears...and have a qcy tws lying someplace...have hardly used it

Lol not much of a heard.... Yet... :wink:

I had the SoundPeats TrueFree, mifo O5 Professional, Astrotec Motivation. And currently still have Anbes 359, Tranya T3, Mpow T5, and Tiso i4. Debating to return either the Tranya's or the Mpow's

I know of many on here in the 2-3 dozen range at this point :)

Edit: oh and I have the TRN BT20... Always forget about those... LoL

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #9,913 of 62,574

Hoarding??? That's small collection. You need those Anbes or Mpow and you'll be done, well till there is another company with great SQ with 10hr battery for $30. :)

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #9,914 of 62,574

I had the SoundPeats TrueFree, mifo O5 Professional, Astrotec Motivation. And currently still have Anbes 359, Tranya T3, Mpow T5, and Tiso i4. Debating to return either the Tranya's or the Mpow's

dont you tempt me !...i still have a couple in the cart

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #9,915 of 62,574

Dang you beat me. I'm a measly 6 TWS. Keep going fun Fun Fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back