Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 30, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #9,886 of 62,030
Early reviews are lukewarm. Apparently very little bass and possibly shrill highs. Maybe they have or will fix them but for now, I’d suggest holding off unless that sound signature is what you like.

I hand a chance to spend some time with them - if you like RE600, TWS 600 will be for you - with good tips those do not lack in bass - it is just this kind of tuning ( not for bass heads - just for linear quick non boosted bass)
regarding highs - I have no problem with them ( i think again good tips are important) but some of my friends enjoyed them more with a bit of EQ
One think I need to mention - with larger tips those do not fit in to the case - the one i use fir OK but if you normally like very large or triples then that will be a problem

I can agree here - these TWS 600's benefit with an EQ - I find them neutral enough to EQ to your tastes easily. If you're after more bass EQ with bass boost and you'll be happy. I find the upper mids or highs - if bothered by them is easier helped with getting a good fitting tip. My first try with the inbox Hifiman tips I did here the upper mids but greatly helped when I changed tips, also at the listening volume that I listen to them at - it doesn't bother me at all. So with the combination of a good fitting tip and an EQ is a good solution.

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #9,887 of 62,030
Awesome. I can lend expensive tws from a local online shop to test and review them. So I've got the M&D MW07, MTW, RHA, B&O and later the Sony's coming in. :D

Did I already say I love this hobby? :D

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #9,888 of 62,030
So, Wednesday the mpow T5 and the MeeAudio X10 both arrived. The x10 was,...horrible! did get a fairly good seal once figured out how they needed to fit in the ear, but they are very cheaply built, the case honestly feels like a plastic cheap kids toy. they kind of haphazardly sit in the case, but seem to not displace easily. they actually sound okay, but not a lot of mids just felt like they were pulled back not quite dialed in all the way if you will. mos tof the time, they cut out, get out of sync and have that weird echoy mono like sound, and the right bud has this killer ambiant thing going on where i could hear things very clearly from 2 rooms away and behind a closed door. But it was very nicely implemented and played over the top of the music in a freakishly natural way. They're definitely going back.
The T5s are loud!. Forward and loud!. Full hard hitting bass, with some sloppy sub bass imo, but really a fun sound over all, perfect for the gym, the shower obviously, as d3myz can attest to haha. They also have great call quality. I think they'll stay.
Appreciate your Impressions! I'm really loving my T5's.

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #9,889 of 62,030
Replaced my MW07 with Galaxy Buds as the splashy treble was just too much for me. Had to keep it equalised down. (A friend wanted to have them as she heard about the LV collaboration so sold them on the cheap)

Im happy with the Buds. Great balance, good enough detail and comfy. The bass may be a bit light on the subway but in a quieter environment it's great. I really seem to agree on the two TWS with Crinacle.
I found the the Galaxy Buds lean a bit bright as well, but yes, the bass is a little on the lighter side. That being said, it sounds good and does accept a bit of EQ to the low end (but will start to distort if pushed too far).

The only thing I'd watch out for during your return period (I assume) is if one side progressively becomes softer in volume than the other. This happened to me after a while, so I had to return them.

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #9,890 of 62,030
Awesome. I can lend expensive tws from a local online shop to test and review them. So I've got the M&D MW07, MTW, RHA, B&O and later the Sony's coming in. :D

I was using my TFZ B.V2 today at work and i walked past by a guy i semi-know. He asked me are those good ? I said no don’t bother with this model but if you look for a pair of good TWS i will chat you a website. So again i recommended someone to check your website :ksc75smile:

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #9,891 of 62,030
My Sony's arrived from BB today. My initial impression (limited primarily to sound quality ) is disappointing. Going on my memory of the SP-700n, these sound identical. That's not to say that they are poor or even bad as the SP-700n sound fine and even good. But I had hoped that these might jump to the level of the Senns or the MW07. I think they must be using the same driver and tuning. The ANC is dramatically improved from the joke of ANC on the SP-700n. The fit and finish is superb. Definitely feel like a high end product. In the end, it's all about SQ for me however. I need to listen more but they may be going back.

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #9,892 of 62,030
I'll update on my experience with the Backbay Duet 50. IPX 5 and I have been cooling of under the sprinkler fountain at the park with no ill effects :) Wind noise is not an issue and bone conduction isn't loud at all and no bother with music or podcasts playing. Aptx and thr right tips will get very solid sound out of them well worth the under $40 price tag. I'll not that they have independent volume control. Not all my BT5/0 stuff does and just turns the player volume. So, I can indeed lower the MP3 player volume down and put the battery strain more on the earbuds. Useful for me when a device states 6 hours of BT and That isn't even combining FM reception and then BT broadcasting which I do at times.

I like the fit. They can lean out a bit at the top with bigger tips, that I recc. for the better sound but then I can do the thumb forefinger pinch to press the button and not do the push the buds in thing. Much better this way! I get the double beep signal when top volume is reached and the other beep to tell you to let go when you FF or RW. They have behaved without issue as well.

Only real issue is that bigger tips are better but they don't fit in the case easily. A little push is needed and you can just drop them in with the magnetic force. Softer large tips like Sony hybrids will turn inside out upon removal from the case which is an annoyance.

Solid for there price and are keepers for me. If they did upgrade to an $99 model with their EQ built in, even better sound, and over double digit battery life I would be interested after my experience with the Duet 50. For now the Duet 50 will certainly be fine to hold me over till some such better models come forth with more features. Provided the Duet 50 hold up which we'll see since you can long term test after a week.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

On another note what about modified SBC(mSBC0 and SBC XQ???

"Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel HD audio mode (SBC XQ)
renderTimingPixel.png

LineageOS 15.1 and 16.0 bring a unique audio quality enhancement to the stock Bluetooth SBC audio codec. It introduces support for SBC Dual Channel mode with the eXtreme quality profile (SBC XQ), bumping this old codec’s audio quality to levels on par with Qualcomm’s proprietary codec - aptX HD.

An additional “HD Audio: SBC” checkbox is available in users’ Bluetooth audio device settings, as long as they are running a LineageOS 15.1 build created on or after the 31st of March 2019, or a 16.0 build created on or after the 13th of May 2019. Enabling this setting will toggle the Dual Channel mode, which offers an improved bitrate much higher than the one available in the stock SBC codec. The new bitrate of 452 or 551 kbps depends on the Bluetooth device’s maximum Enhanced Data Rate and is a clear upgrade from the stock 328 kbps when using Joint Stereo mode.

The feature is available on all devices with LineageOS support, and can be used by the overwhelming majority of existing Bluetooth playback devices. It works best with cheaper audio devices that do not support additional codecs - aptX, aptX HD, AAC or LDAC."

Would seem to pretty cool to take advantage of SBC since we all know it is capable of higher bitrate and would seem to make sense like it says above for cheaper devices which don't pay for the rights to aptX and such. Just don't know how much we will see this. i did see a couple of headphones just being released listing support for both SBC and mSBC.

Thanks for your thoughts on the Duet 50. I'm on my second pair, the first pair I got did sound that good, when listening to audiobooks there was so much mid bass it was unbearable. I've been using the 2nd pair for a couple days, now. I've had some connection issues and some siri issues with the second pair. I've had to reset them a couple of times, but hey seem to be working well now and this pair sounds much better than the first pair. great sounds stage, pretty close to the T5, with less bass and less detail. not quite as immersive as the 359, but still very good. Wish they had more low end, but all around they are 4.5/5 star. and i got mine for $36, so that's a win.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #9,893 of 62,030
My Sony's arrived from BB today. My initial impression (limited primarily to sound quality ) is disappointing. Going on my memory of the SP-700n, these sound identical. That's not to say that they are poor or even bad as the SP-700n sound fine and even good. But I had hoped that these might jump to the level of the Senns or the MW07. I think they must be using the same driver and tuning. The ANC is dramatically improved from the joke of ANC on the SP-700n. The fit and finish is superb. Definitely feel like a high end product. In the end, it's all about SQ for me however. I need to listen more but they may be going back.
Ahh, buddy! Can you compare with the MTW? Honestly, ANC for in-ears is not something I really care about, since isolation itself is typically sufficient. Marketing pieces made it sound like the audio would be improved and "high res"!

Jul 30, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #9,894 of 62,030

Aww man, that's disappointing. Especially since every reviewer is praising the SQ. Think I'll still keep my pre-order, but my expectations aren't high coming from the MTW (not that the MTW sound is that special either).

Jul 30, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #9,895 of 62,030
Ahh, buddy! Can you compare with the MTW? Honestly, ANC for in-ears is not something I really care about, since isolation itself is typically sufficient. Marketing pieces made it sound like the audio would be improved and "high res"!

I sold my MTW because I couldn't stand the battery drain but I don't think these beat the MTW or MW07 for SQ. I would put them closer to the Powerbeats Pro. Very good, not great. That leaves me with a nice sounding product, with ANC (admittedly nice) but no IP rating. Not sure that's a keeper. I actually would welcome this in a gym friendly package with an IP rating and ANC.

Jul 30, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #9,896 of 62,030
Aww man, that's disappointing. Especially since every reviewer is praising the SQ. Think I'll still keep my pre-order, but my expectations aren't high coming from the MTW (not that the MTW sound is that special either).
Will be interested in your impressions.

Jul 30, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #9,897 of 62,030

Looking forward to your impressions. I still have the MTW and E8, but got rid of the MW07 (bad battery life, poor call quality) and the RHA (poor fit, less-than-advertised call quality). Out of them all, I felt the MW07 had the best sound, with the MTW in second, and E8 a close third.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #9,898 of 62,030
All of this makes me inclined to just repurchase the MW07 as it is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of SQ. I foolishly got rid of them because the fin kept slipping off my ear and have gone down a path of multiple replacements none of which really beat the MW07 in the first place. I hesitate on the hope that they will upgrade the chipset to 5.0 and double the battery life. M&D really has some Unicorn Magic going on in those.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #9,899 of 62,030
All of this makes me inclined to just repurchase the MW07 as it is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of SQ. I foolishly got rid of them because the fin kept slipping off my ear and have gone down a path of multiple replacements none of which really beat the MW07 in the first place. I hesitate on the hope that they will upgrade the chipset to 5.0 and double the battery life. M&D really has some Unicorn Magic going on in those.
There is a used like new pair on amazon for 259.00

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #9,900 of 62,030
I was using my TFZ B.V2 today at work and i walked past by a guy i semi-know. He asked me are those good ? I said no don’t bother with this model but if you look for a pair of good TWS i will chat you a website. So again i recommended someone to check your website :ksc75smile:
I want to hug you. :p Love that my site is helpful to others, other than being my own backlog.

I can't wait to test out the more expensive models and see how they compare to way, way cheaper models which I've already tested so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back