Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 31, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #9,931 of 62,439
I'm beginning to think that might be my phone too... And those were tiny drop outs of a fraction of a second.
The sound really was that good. I had to send it back as I wanted more for the money, but it's one I really miss.

Otherwise I'd suggest you look for reviews of Astrotec S60 (Knowles BA driver - I expect it'll have better base response than mifo O5 Professional), or wait for Shanling to release theirs (also Knowles BA).

Have you considered TRN BT20? Bulky and no charging case, but you get whatever sound you want depending on the IEMs you choose (and changing sound just takes a new pair of IEMs). Also, the connectivity in those is absolutely rock solid - easily better than any other I've tried.

Bro, just how many wireless earbuds have you tried? You are the wireless guy. I am having a good run with the one I have for now so I will just wait for the ultimate.

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #9,932 of 62,439
Bro, just how many wireless earbuds have you tried? You are the wireless guy. I am having a good run with the one I have for now so I will just wait for the ultimate.

Lol not that many - more read up on a lot. All ones I've tried are in my signature.

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #9,934 of 62,439
Of the 3 which BT most stable and which one is most comfortable / size ? Thanks

The Bluetooth stability is pretty simple... TRN BT20 has the absolute best, maybe Anbes 359 coming behind that, followed by Tranya T3 and then Mpow T5 and finally mifo O5. But keep in mind, they all have good connectivity - drop outs are still infrequent, and most reviewers don't have complaints about drop outs on any of them.
I did hear some that there are connectivity issues with Astrotec S60, but that was mostly around an old BT 4.2 implementation, and my Astrotec Motivation didn't have much connectivity issues (I guess similar to Tranya T3).

As for comfort - that's really personal. I loved the mifo O5 for comfort, others didn't. Hated Astrotec Motivation for comfort, others loved it. The rest were comfortable enough that I didn't mind wearing them for a few hours at a time. Note that I don't review battery life because I never get beyond 2-3 hours at the absolute max.

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #9,937 of 62,439
lol,ebay has plenty new ones for approx 200

[Re: MW07]

Wow, no-brainer for that price. Well, given my usage habits, anyway. I only use them for listening to music (no need for mic use), and I never need more than an hour at a time. Understandable if these constraints don't meet your requirements. I'm still pleased, I got the black matte ones new from BB when they had a $225 promotion.

From what I see on eBay now, I'd get a tortoise shell for $209. I'm not one to buy a back-up of something I love though. (I lost control once and did get a 2nd SE846 when it was at a "very low" price).

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #9,938 of 62,439
Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #9,939 of 62,439
My Sony WF1000XM3 are supposed to arrive today. Seems like Best Buy is the only place to currently have them in stock in the US, and only a few stores in my area have it in stock (I ordered online on Monday when they showed no in-store stock). I'll report back when I have some impressions vs. my Mavin Air-X and also my memory of the other TW IEMs I've tried/owned.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #9,940 of 62,439
Got the Mpow T5. They are brilliant, sound wise. Stop looking guys... Just get one and get on with it. I returned Tranya T3 after few hours of use and fell in love with the T5 within two minutes of use (even AB them with my LCD XC and the tonality is great!). Some oddity concerning AptX but it is very minor (BT4.1 acts faster then this so called AptX in these T5s). I`m pleased.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #9,941 of 62,439
I am really happy with the Tranya T3, the sound is better than the syllable s101, it´s a TWS that I recommend by the 39€ I paid in Amazon. In your opinion which one is the next step In sound quality under 100€/$?

I am telling you the tranya t3 are no slouch, I want everyone who has the tranya 3 and try this experiment. I know a lot of us like to listen to music pumping loud to get you up and out of your seat, but take your tranya t3 and pop them in before bed when its a nice and quiet time, and listen to them at a lower volume, like less than half volume. trust me they will surprise you! I mean they sound so good, so clear, so smooth, lots of separation, so nice, dare I say they sound better than my momentum tw, at time yes they do sound better! these thing are great, try my experiment and come back and let me know what you hear at lower volume.

why did you get rid of the tranya t3? the mpow t5 sound that much better? can you explain in detail the differences?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #9,942 of 62,439
My Sony WF1000XM3 are supposed to arrive today. Seems like Best Buy is the only place to currently have them in stock in the US, and only a few stores in my area have it in stock (I ordered online on Monday when they showed no in-store stock). I'll report back when I have some impressions vs. my Mavin Air-X and also my memory of the other TW IEMs I've tried/owned.

Dang, I should've pre-ordered with BB. Oh wells. Look forward to your impressions.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #9,943 of 62,439
Got the Mpow T5. They are brilliant, sound wise. Stop looking guys... Just get one and get on with it. I returned Tranya T3 after few hours of use and fell in love with the T5 within two minutes of use (even AB them with my LCD XC and the tonality is great!). Some oddity concerning AptX but it is very minor (BT4.1 acts faster then this so called AptX in these T5s). I`m pleased.

Review mentioned that T5,359 and T3 are almost similar. Bass levels from right to left. 359 being most balanced

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #9,944 of 62,439
I am telling you the tranya t3 are no slouch, I want everyone who has the tranya 3 and try this experiment. I know a lot of us like to listen to music pumping loud to get you up and out of your seat, but take your tranya t3 and pop them in before bed when its a nice and quiet time, and listen to them at a lower volume, like less than half volume. trust me they will surprise you! I mean they sound so good, so clear, so smooth, lots of separation, so nice, dare I say they sound better than my momentum tw, at time yes they do sound better! these thing are great, try my experiment and come back and let me know what you hear at lower volume.

why did you get rid of the tranya t3? the mpow t5 sound that much better? can you explain in detail the differences?

The T5 are much clearer and more balanced that the T3. I think I'll be returning my T3's....
Check my review of the T5's, I compare them with the T3's and 359's.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #9,945 of 62,439
All right, have spent some additional time with Sony. I may have been a little harsh on them in my first impressions. The sq is very very solid on these. You have to make sure you have enabled AAC and the high res switch in the app for starters. The hi res thing claims it upscales sources. No idea whether it works. I also switched to tidal v apple music. These combined changes have improved things quite a bit along with adjustment to the Sony sound signature. These are pretty impressive. Very detailed, spacious with some genuine feeling of soundstage which I don't typically hear in tw. Not sure it's overall tone beats the mw07 but that maybe subjective. Clarity and detail are superior however. I am using the flat EQ. The EQ works great but flat seems the best to me. The included hybrid tips are also quite nice.

A few other comments. ANC is as advertised. It is ligjt years ahead of sp700. I even get that ANC "feeling" which I actually don't like. Also the tech and app are quite impressive.

I still am not convinced in the use case for these without any ip rating but I may give them a run in the gym a few times and see how they hold up. I actually hate the piped in gym music and am hoping the ANC solves that for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back