1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597
599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608
Next

Last
  1. turbobb
    tsk tsk... I'm sure I don't need to point out that you have too much white space in that pic, I mean, it's quite obvious:
    • you're missing 4 right off the bat
    • to add insult to injury, you can easily add two more rows worth of TWE's up top and down below
    • not to mention if you tighten the formation a bit, one more column... :dt880smile:

2. SaveTheMantaRays
    Update: My Anbes 359 have a problem, so watch out.

One of the three golden charge connectors on the left bud has fallen out of its placement and now rattles around
    inside the ear chamber. Strangely everything still works, and sounds the same, but I am sure the left bud doesn't
    charge as fast as the right. Just a note.

Also: A side question, anyone have the correct MPOW T5 link to U.S. Amazon, thanks

3. Alphasoixante
  4. beowulf
    Well my criteria for these toys focuses mostly on transport alone.
    They're IEM-ish and Bluetooth with no wired connection to the source, so that's "wireless IEM" enough to me. Is there a wire in the setup? Yes, definitely not the same as Airpods or Galaxy Buds, etc.

Does it matter if you're focusing on "Wireless IEMs"? Not really, because they're IEM's and there's a wireless connection to the source.

But I see your point tho, if one wants fully separate "buds" with no pairing wires, then it's not a match. But there are quite a few interesting "wireless" setups with a L-R loop.
    Those come with a few disadvantages and also a few pros (no L/R lag/synch issues being one of the most obvious). It will all depend on the use cases - full wire avoidance might be a drawback for some scenarios, but advantageous in others. Sure is nice to pocket those fully separate buds sometimes. Hmm.

TL;DR: The "wireless" concept is getting a bit too restrictive.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    actorlife likes this.
  5. hifi80sman
    HAHA! The more I'm on this forum, the greater the chance of that happening!

Heisenberg1895 likes this.
  6. actorlife
    Can you get them replaced? Is it Anbes with the Blackbox or a rebranded?

7. clerkpalmer

Of the tier 1a which has the best sq?

8. Caipirina
    I feel better now about not being the only hoarder ... collector I mean :wink:

Those Blitzwolf are the same as Syllable s101? And the Xiker look like the Nillkin Go

Maybe I need to update my list with a tidier picture and include ‘the rest’

9. vstolpner
    We should really come up with a way to call you guys.... Colloarders.... Hoarectors.... Hmm... Maybe I should keep thinking on the name :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

10. snip3r77
    Tier 1A - Can Play with the Big Boys
    MPOW T5
    Astrotec S80
    Anbes 359
    AUKEY T10

I'm looking at the 359. I think any of the 1A list would be great for anyone right?

11. Sandbox2
    Is there an adapter that I could use that someone could recommend that would turn my 2 pin iems into wireless?

12. Veyska
    TRN BT20/BT20S. (The latter has AptX I believe, but the former's got AAC which is still solid and costs less.)

Sandbox2 likes this.
  13. vstolpner
    Was going to suggest the same. I use the BT20 and it's fantastic.

BT20S also has IPX5 water resistance

Just make sure you get the right 2pin version - 0.75mm or 0.78mm

Sandbox2 likes this.
  14. Shanling
    Hi everybody, so I see talk about our new TWS MTW100 showed up in this thread already.

Firstly, regarding difference between Shanling MTW100 and O4:

We added more controls, so while O4 can only play/pause, we added previous and next track.
    O4 faceplate is metal, we opted for lighter plastic, that should also in theory assure better BT connection.
    We have completely different drivers and sound tuning.
    We offer version with Balanced armature, that also has slightly better battery life.

If you have any questions about Shanling MTW100, like some details about modes, parings, etc, just @ me and I will do my best to reply to you.

Thanks for repost.

Inside is Realtek.

We plan first release on Chinese market during august. If everything goes alright, international release will follow during September.

Both MTW100 will be slightly under 100USD, Balanced version about 10 USD more expensive than DD. But they will also come with two very different sound tuning.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
  15. vstolpner
    Thanks for the updates!!
    I've seen mentions of Knowles BA driver - can you confirm which driver its going to be?
    And regarding controls - touch controls? And volume control?

First

Back
588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597
599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608
Next

Last