Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 12, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #8,626 of 62,573
Just noticed this Tranya T1 Pro. Looks like a Version of the MPOW T5, I can't find any details on it's chipset and whether or not it's the same QCC3020 as the T5. they are only IPX 5, but touted to have the same 5-6 hour battery life. gonna snag them to try. should be here tomorrow.
The Tranya T1-Pro are great, just like the Tranya T3. Some more air and presence in the highs, although the soundstage is a bit smaller on the T1-Pro.

Just got the Anbes 359, without a branding on the product. It sounds airy indeed - however, the bass lacks any detail and just delivers a slow thump. For the ones wanting to compare the Anbes to the Tranya's, now that the latter sound way more detailed.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #8,627 of 62,573
The Tranya T1-Pro are great, just like the Tranya T3. Some more air and presence in the highs, although the soundstage is a bit smaller on the T1-Pro.

Just got the Anbes 359, without a branding on the product. It sounds airy indeed - however, the bass lacks any detail and just delivers a slow thump. For the ones wanting to compare the Anbes to the Tranya's, now that the latter sound way more detailed.

Thanks for the info on the T1-pro, have you happen to have heard the MPOW T5? I have a branded Anbes 359 and my bass has detail and thump, but it's not like the T3's bass. I've also found i very much depends on what your listening to and the tips i use. I have to use larger tips with the 359's to get a better seal due to the way they fit.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #8,628 of 62,573
What is the difference between Mifo O5 Standard and Pro?

The standard is a dynamic driver and pro is balanced armature. It's whether you want bass or clarity.

Check out my review in my signature.

Thxs for yor replay. I´ve got the Tranya T3, they have a 10€ discount on Amazon. I will comment my impressions. Dou you recommend to buy another ear tips to enhance the sound quality?

Best regards.

It's all about the seal. If the existing eartips give you a great seal then you should be fine, otherwise try something else. SpinFit are great.
That said, mifo O5 have fantastic tips and I use their tips with my Anbes 359.
I talk about this in my mifo O5 review - see signature.

Thanks for the suggestion. How is their track record with connection and battery?

Also, I looked around the net yesterday and it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere in the US. Matter of fact Audio46 lists them as a pre-order(?). I'm going to give them a call later to clarify and see when they are expected to be in stock. I'd love to pay a visit to demo the Astrotec and any others of interest they have.

They're called Astrotec Motivation in the US. And they're on a deal!
https://www.amazon.com/Astrotec-Motivation-Beryllium-Headphones-Sweatproof/dp/B07SBVXG26/
See my signature for my review.

A BA driver.
The Pro is a hybrid, the standard is dynamic.
I have the Pro, but no idea why the standard one was suggested.

The pro is a single balanced armature, not hybrid.
I don't believe there is any hybrid driver TWS earphone right now. That's why I'm super excited for the new 1more TWS earphones.

The standard has more bass. The pro's single BA has a great and clear sound, but you have to get used to it. Not everyone like it. Having said that, I'm one of the people who prefer BA sound.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #8,631 of 62,573
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #8,632 of 62,573
The standard is a dynamic driver and pro is balanced armature. It's whether you want bass or clarity.

It's all about the seal. If the existing eartips give you a great seal then you should be fine, otherwise try something else. SpinFit are great.

https://www.amazon.com/Astrotec-Motivation-Beryllium-Headphones-Sweatproof/dp/B07SBVXG26/

I don't believe there is any hybrid driver TWS earphone right now. That's why I'm super excited for the new 1more TWS earphones.

The standard has more bass. The pro's single BA has a great and clear sound, but you have to get used to it. Not everyone like it. Having said that, I'm one of the people who prefer BA sound.

There is the Kong X here in Japan that is a hybrid, but it is too big to be useful as a TWS.

Jul 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #8,633 of 62,573
There is the Kong X here in Japan that is a hybrid, but it is too big to be useful as a TWS.

Haven't heard of it... Do you have pictures/link?

And I know there's also the BT20(S)/Fostex+IEM pairings but that doesn't count due to their size. In my opinion anyway :)

Jul 12, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #8,634 of 62,573
Old wong comment: (The images clearly shows a dynamic driver and a BA...)

EDIT: Holymoly, I was all this time thinking the battery was a driver... Sorry.

TFZ_X1_true_wireless_earbuds_inside.png

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #8,635 of 62,573
so what eartips do you use for mifo? I considering spinfit cp350 or cp360 tough
I’ve found that KZ’s eartips seal better for me with most IEMs. My new Mifo o5 pros are no different. They definitely sound “cleaner” than the stock tips to my ears.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #8,636 of 62,573
Question for you, I have the standard Mifo 05’s and just ordered the Pro’s (got a deal on Amazon for $67). Is there a difference in terms of max volume levels between the two models? My Standards are typically at around max volume when listening to Spotify on my iPhone (without eq as I don’t like the distorted effects). I’m worried that if the Pro’s don’t have the same max volume level, I’ll run into an issue. Also, being that the Pro’s utilize a BA vs DD and will likely have noticeably less bass, on the rare occasion I want to boost the bass, can a good EQ app boost the bass levels to sound close to that of the Standard? And one last question, (I apologize for all these!), regarding the tips, do you know which model of spinfit will fit the Mifo’s and if the buds will fit in the case with them on? And what are KZ tips? I’ve never heard of them...? Thanks so much in advance!

[/QUOTE]

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #8,637 of 62,573
I dont have the standard to compare, but BA drivers usually use less energy than DD, resulting in higher volume, I didnt had problem with volume on those.

KZ is a brand of super cheap great sounding iems. (Im talking about a 12$ unit sounding way better than any TWS I tried, there is compromises on going full wireless) and no they will not fit in its box with a regular eartip.

Question for you, I have the standard Mifo 05’s and just ordered the Pro’s (got a deal on Amazon for $67). Is there a difference in terms of max volume levels between the two models? My Standards are typically at around max volume when listening to Spotify on my iPhone (without eq as I don’t like the distorted effects). I’m worried that if the Pro’s don’t have the same max volume level, I’ll run into an issue. Also, being that the Pro’s utilize a BA vs DD and will likely have noticeably less bass, on the rare occasion I want to boost the bass, can a good EQ app boost the bass levels to sound close to that of the Standard? And one last question, (I apologize for all these!), regarding the tips, do you know which model of spinfit will fit the Mifo’s and if the buds will fit in the case with them on? And what are KZ tips? I’ve never heard of them...? Thanks so much in advance!

[/QUOTE]

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #8,638 of 62,573
Oh and about the bass... Yeah, they lack a bit of bass, and no, they will not have big bass equalizing.

[/QUOTE]

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #8,639 of 62,573
so what eartips do you use for mifo? I considering spinfit cp350 or cp360 tough

I use the mifo eartips with it as well. Since they sit quite shallow, I find they need a larger eartip. Whereas my Anbes 359 sit deeper, so a smaller eartip is sufficient.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #8,640 of 62,573
Found those yesterday on amazon.de for mere 20€ (while they still sell for 36GBP on amazon UK) and well, since I can return them, I thought I give them a try. Could not find out too much about them .. at least they are BT5, unlike that last Latow I tried. And on some customer photos it looks like the outer shell of the buds could be some soft rubber-y silicone material ... we shall see ... anyone know / has / tested these? Shall arrive Monday

Latow Luna: (and no, that lady in the last picture was not the convincer :wink: )
I had those. The sound was an acceptable, bass-forward signature. If I remember correctly, they may have had a slightly louder noise floor, but it's not noticeable when music is playing (unless you're listening to classical). I probably would have kept them for gym earbuds if they didn't have connections issues. One of the buds (can't remember which one) kept dropping connection. Hopefully, you won't have that issue. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back