Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 9, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #8,431 of 62,209
Anybody know what Qualcom SOC supports separate left and right wireless connections? Sony XM3 got me interested in this, and a review states some phones do not support it.

Anybody tried any dual wireless connection TW? Was the reliability of connection better and was it stable in busy environments?

How was the latency?

I wonder if there was out of sync issue for those TW worked with only single connection with a Master. Left anf right having slight out of sync, being audibly noticible?
I think the technology is called true wireless stereo plus. https://www.qualcomm.com/products/bluetooth

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #8,432 of 62,209
Looking real cool. The lights don't bother me they make it really look like a real UFO. Hardly saw the logo. Looking forward to your thoughts after a week or so.

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #8,433 of 62,209
2 small things to mention about the tranya t3. 1) is the shiny part of case getting sctrached up pretty bad vs the anbes 359 shiny parts of the case do not get scratched up. 2) the tranya t3 has very infrequent drop outs in certain situations but it is very rare and reconnects very quickly when it does happens, for example if I cover my ear piece with my hand this will happen, but it is not bad and recovers so quick. vs the anbes 359 I never noticed any drop outs at all, connection is solid

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #8,434 of 62,209
Anyone know where I can get a hold of a list of current earbuds using the newer qualcomm chipsets like these UNIs? I've looked at qualcomm's site and looked at the 5100 series, but I'm just looking to learn more about the chipsets and how they improve the quality of the product etc.

Search this thread, I believe @Slater posted the link about a week ago

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #8,435 of 62,209
Jul 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #8,436 of 62,209
At this moment, the WF-1000X and WF-1000XM3 are the only true wireless earphones with noise cancellation. I am not sure if the need for more/better mics (and the resulting openings) makes it more difficult to be sealed?

Sony's response was off putting and offensive. Basically, no one complained before so presumably the inference is that other people used them in the gym without issue. So instead of just backing their product, they are saying no official protection but hey, you'll probably be fine. This would give Sony the right to deny warranty claims for water damage.

Of course, the real question is would Sony actually do that. My SP700Ns crapped out and I was able to get an easy exchange from Sony. In fact, their customer service was very good. I think they even shipped the new pair first. So what are the chances that a giant company like Sony would actually tear apart these tiny things and inspect them for moisture damage? Probably unlikely. But they should just back their product like Bose does. Say what you want about Bose, if they break, they send you a new one no questions asked. I think there's (a) a decent chance these can handle some sweat and (b) even if they die on you from sweat, sony will warrant them.

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #8,437 of 62,209
I would try it myself but I just bought and am waiting for a smabat s-10 to pair with a BT20S :frowning2:

I've used the ST-10 with both BT20/BT20S.

For me the BT20S is better, as I can't use AAC on my older phone. Maybe if I could I wouldn't have gone to the BT20S.

20190423_011530.jpg

20190707_105032.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #8,438 of 62,209
Just ordered these bad boys. Case looks similar to Mifo O5 and the specs look promising. 8mm Titanium Driver, AAC, 8 hour playtime, CVC 8.0.

We shall see though! The MEBUYZ had good specs, but it sounds cheap. It also has TONS of fake and shill reviews.

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #8,439 of 62,209
I can hear crinkle sound if I fiddle with it. Never found it concerning though.... Should I?

Update
Try different eartips. I mentioned in using mifo tips and it's way better than stock. Better deal is everything
Usually it's a sign of poor driver quality but doesn't mean it will break any time soon.

I like the larger tips and ATH tips but the bass imbalance is more obvious. It sounds almost like the left bud has been EQd too much. At lower volumes it's less noticeable but still there. Not so sure I can return it, who knows I might just get another Anbes, but I'm waiting for the Earfun Fre Oluv edition next week.

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #8,440 of 62,209
Usually it's a sign of poor driver quality but doesn't mean it will break any time soon.

I like the larger tips and ATH tips but the bass imbalance is more obvious. It sounds almost like the left bud has been EQd too much. At lower volumes it's less noticeable but still there. Not so sure I can return it, who knows I might just get another Anbes, but I'm waiting for the Earfun Fre Oluv edition next week.

Latest issue with Anbes is they sometimes restart when I stop playing music and go into pairing mode - trekking my phone to connect to them sorted it out.
Weird part is it only happens when I stop playing music / watching YouTube, never happens in the middle of listening.

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #8,441 of 62,209
Latest issue with Anbes is they sometimes restart when I stop playing music and go into pairing mode - trekking my phone to connect to them sorted it out.
Weird part is it only happens when I stop playing music / watching YouTube, never happens in the middle of listening.

Probably their way of sayin hey we are not being used, let’s go see if somebody else will play with us :)

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #8,442 of 62,209
Just ordered these bad boys. Case looks similar to Mifo O5 and the specs look promising. 8mm Titanium Driver, AAC, 8 hour playtime, CVC 8.0.

We shall see though! The MEBUYZ had good specs, but it sounds cheap. It also has TONS of fake and shill reviews.
Man you're pilling up. Again seems like amazon is mixing reviews. For 45 hopefully they are good.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #8,443 of 62,209
Man you're pilling up. Again seems like amazon is mixing reviews. For 45 hopefully they are good.
It's an addiction. :p

I'm really hoping they are. If they live up to their specs, for $45, it's a great deal.

Jul 9, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #8,445 of 62,209
Just got the Anbes 360. I really like the case and the design, they fit nicely and are a good size, but the sound is kind of meh. I compare them to the 359 and D42, they definitely have some almost shrill highs and the mid is nicely and boosted, but not as balanced as the 359. the bass is there and it's clean but it's not as full as either of the two other Anbes'. I'd use these for audio books, but probably not music, the 359's just sound sooo much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back