Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 9, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #8,461 of 62,423
5 v is fine. just don't use large currents. 1mah or below would be ideal

You mean 1A, right? :)
1mAh is a tiny tiny battery :-D

But yes, I second that any USB charger should be just fine. You can find one that's under 1A if you're really worried about it, but as a general rule, the device will only draw as much current as it needs.

Also, USB chargers will typically drop in voltage as they start providing current - most will go down to about 4.8-4.9V, which is completely normal.

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #8,462 of 62,423
Ordered/funded the Pamu Slide and just got them in the other day. So far not feeling great about them.

Sound is good. Its got a V-shaped sound. Sound a bit veiled, but nothing too bad. Highs can get a sharp though. Mids are just a bit recessed. Bass is controlled and punchy.

Biggest issues so far have been driver flex and connectivity. I though I had gotten a defective pair because of slight crackling and popping on either extreme (lows and highs). I then realized that it was that the driver was flexing (more so on the left side than the right) so I adjusted the earphones a bit and its gone away. But its something to be conscious of.

Connectivity is a bigger disappointment. While I'm home its actually just fine. But outside I find its below average, at least compared to the past bluetooth headphones I've had. Living in NYC means there's plenty of opportunities for signal interference to occur, but I find that the Slide have a more difficult time with cutouts than either the Soundcore Liberty Lite (which I got at the same price of $50) and the Sennheiser 4.50 (which are by best in so far as connectivity).

Not sure if these will hit retailers since its only been available through crowdfunding so far, but if they end up selling them for the MSRP they list on the campaign webpage then its hard to recommend these. At $50 for the non-wireless charging version its just an alright value.

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #8,464 of 62,423
Just bought astrotec S80 which adaping Dupont 4um ultra soft Beryllium dynamic drivers. it delivers well extended high frequencies, clear, layered mids and rich, articulate bass

Oh interesting, I found their mids rather recessed, such that guitars and vocals took a back seat to other instruments.
See review link in my signature

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #8,465 of 62,423
David, I had no problems with the Funcl W1 from Indiegogo. It was like a two months wait. Which is not long, but it seems like a lifetime especially since they were getting good reviews on youtube. I love mine, except for the No volume control. Bright but not harsh and great bass and not boomy. I might bite if Funcl comes out with a vol control. I don't like those stick ones that they made those have vol control. I like the smaller buds and they were only $25 shipped.
-
DigDub, so are you liking them? Did you just get them? If they are anything like the Hoopshop(Graphene) with a 12hr battery I'm sold except I want the dark blue ones. Looking forward to your review after you spent more time with them.
The battery life of the Uni does seem to be able to go to 10-12 hours as specified, provided that I switch the master/slave buds connection during the listening session. If the master bud connection stays at a single bud, the battery life is about 8 hours before that bud goes flat. The master bud handles the connection to the phone, hence it uses more battery.

The LED does not light up once it is connected or playing music. It only lights up when touch is detected. Nice. The buds shut down after 5 mins if there are no music playing. They can be turned on and off manually too using the touch pads. The touch pad is a hit or miss affair, double taps require requires much practice.

The charging case is quite big. Other than charging the buds, it can also serve as a power bank to charge other devices through its built-in usb-A port. There are 2 ways of charging the case, through a micro USB port, or wireless charging. I tried charging the case using the Powershare feature on my Samsung S10 phone and it works well.

As for the sound, it sounds quite neutral leaning towards bright, not exactly a detail king or bass monster. It sounds clear, with a soundstage that is around the head and doesn't extend very far out. The shape of the buds are bean shaped like the qcy t1c, instead of the sculpted shape that mtw or creative outlier are. So they tend to stick out a bit more. The diaphragm crinkles when the buds are pushed against the ear, but normal listening is fine.

Comfort is excellent, I do not feel any hotspot in my ears even after hours of wearing. The fin on the buds are too small to do anything, so don't expect it to hold the buds in your ears. I have tried doing housework and the buds stayed sealed in my ears, so fit is good for my ears.

Microphone quality is average, not much different from other buds that has this design. The master bud has the active mic, so if the other party cannot hear you in a noisy environment, you can take the master bud and hold it close to your mouth to speak for better clarity.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #8,466 of 62,423
You mean 1A, right? :)
1mAh is a tiny tiny battery :-D

But yes, I second that any USB charger should be just fine. You can find one that's under 1A if you're really worried about it, but as a general rule, the device will only draw as much current as it needs.

Also, USB chargers will typically drop in voltage as they start providing current - most will go down to about 4.8-4.9V, which is completely normal.

no, i meant that. i lile charging my tws for 8 hours, for the best battery longevity :sunglasses:

thanks for the correction :grin::grin:

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #8,467 of 62,423
I bet Anbes is also just a rebrand of some unknown oem manufacturer
Yes, but I am still surprised a store that calls themselves "Anbes" is selling rebrands rather than the original. It seems unassuring and there's no warranty information Anbes(not that it would really help) - just came with eartips and a Chinese manual. just happens to be the most widespread one. Also branded as Kissral R18, Yineme/ST-BE30.

You can see some of the OEM listings here from companies like Ancrew, Voxfun and AS. The specifications are sometimes listed differently such as 40 vs 45 mAh battery.
https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=TWS+UFO&viewtype=

I think the biggest flaw with 359/UFO design is no air vents. Although some manufacturers can get away with this, it increases the chance of driver flex and pressure.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #8,469 of 62,423
Thanks a lot for your review, I am the entry level audiophile, so I think atrotec s80 is good for me

Compare them to the Anbes 359 (if you can find them) and the Tranya T3, Tiso i4, etc. There are a lot of fantastic options for less than the S80.

But regardless of what you listen to, welcome to the group! It's always great to have more people interested in this and to share opinions with!

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #8,470 of 62,423
2252C360-5B93-4CB6-BA49-A9DC4BC881DC.jpeg Speaking of ‘piling up’ , today the cheapo XG-12 arrived. Someone here recommended them. And they are indeed pretty nice, ESPECIALLY considering that I only paid 10$ after coupon. And they work and are a smidge above average in the sound department. Actually pretty good. But here is a tricky thing: no way to tell which is L/R, there are no markings on the buds. There are markings inside the case though, which makes me wonder if the l r channels are assigned depending from where you take it out? Has anyone who has them been able to decipher that part in the manual?

Jul 10, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #8,471 of 62,423
I just ordered some myself. should be here tomorrow.

Mine have just arrived. I'm shocked by how small the charging case is. It's a very neat looking bit of kit. Getting them up and running was ridiculously easy. They paired with my HiBy R6 in what seemed like a second. I like the sound of them immediately. I'm a bit of a bass head so the sound signature suits my needs. I'll have to change the way i carry my DAP though. I usually carry it on my left and have done for 15 years but the Tranyas disconnect if i do. The connection seems stable when i switched my HiBy to the right pocket though.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #8,472 of 62,423
Anyone use the 359 or t3 for running? Can it overcome the sweat.

I have used mine for running a few times - maybe 5 or 6. I run outside in the Texas heat and I normally use my Bose Soundsport wireless or Soundsport Free when running but, if it is a windy day, I go to the Anbes. My wife uses her 359s everyday and she runs inside on a treadmill. So far, they are holding up well.

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #8,473 of 62,423
The T-Elf is absolutely horrible. So I bought these too. :p

Got them (Bluedio Hi) just a few moments ago and it is not positive. Probably because i use an iPad and these don’t have AAC. Very compressed and congested sound. They probably are SBC only or they are just horrible :face_palm::face_palm::face_palm:

I will use them to watch some videos on my iPad. It is totally not made for music. The material of the charging case is cheap and the earphones themselves are big.

It does use USB Type-C though :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #8,474 of 62,423
Got them (Bluedio Hi) just a few moments ago and it is not positive. Probably because i use an iPad and these don’t have AAC. Very compressed and congested sound. They probably are SBC only or they are just horrible :face_palm::face_palm::face_palm:

I will use them to watch some videos on my iPad :laughing::laughing::laughing: it is totally not made for music. The material of the charging case is cheap and the earphones themselves are big.
I'm glad to know that Bluedio is continuing their tradition of excellence. :unamused:
Sorry about the negative experience.

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #8,475 of 62,423
I'm glad to know that Bluedio is continuing their tradition of excellence. :unamused:
Sorry about the negative experience.

It is just a few bucks so no problem. It is still useable for some video watching, although i haven’t really tried how much the lag is.

Or i can give it away to someone who doesn’t give a d*mn about sound quality. It can serve it purpose as bluetooth calling headset i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back