Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 1, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #8,086 of 62,440
These Enacfire E20s are a "Deal of the Day" at Amazon today ($27.99 instead of $59.99). Has anybody here listened to them? I'm curious whether they are worth the $$.
If it says 4 hours, I've learned that's usually pretty optimistic for ear buds. They usually won't get close to that. That would be a deal breaker for me, I've got some on order that claim 8 hours, I hope they get close.

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #8,088 of 62,440
Found this last night in amazon.de 's bargain bin (trash heap) and it does look exactly like the Alterola IE600 ... but at 15$ and 4.1BT ... pretty certain this is something else ... at least on the inside ...

Still, maybe order 'for science' ... and then send back :D

chyu.jpg

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #8,089 of 62,440
PSA: I contacted QCY whether I could use the right QS1 bud with the left QS2 bud and according to them they are incompatible. I lost one of the QS1 earphones so I'm planning to get the QS1 again, so I have a backup right bud + charging case!

Any other budget suggestions recommended for now? Saw the T3 getting praise but that's at the limit of my budget for it's intended usage (sporting mostly, while doing chores)

Jul 2, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #8,090 of 62,440
So apparently the Melomania are not compatible with the Nokia 7.1 on Android 9 (no idea why!). Be warned that these may have issues on other Android ONE phones running 9. I've had no issues with any other wireless earphones (Bragi Headphone, Earin M2, Sennheiser MTW, Sylable 101) but the Cambridge Audio Melomania are incompatible!!! this comes from a CA response to a review I posted on their website incidentally.

I don't know if CA are active on this site but if you are, your response times are totally unacceptable as well!

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #8,092 of 62,440
Jul 2, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #8,093 of 62,440
Hey everyone. Long time casual lurker but finally registered after buying a new pair of wireless IEMs recently.

Recently I purchased the NUARL NT01AX (https://nuarl.com/en/nt01ax/) full wireless IEMs.

This is my first attempt at wireless IEMs, mainly because I tear through cables like no other through rough usage and my latest pair of wired IEMs are starting to show the telltale signs.

The reason I was attracted to these vs some of the other ones I was considering (Momentum True Wireless in particular) was because the specs were pretty much what I was looking for, and it boasted a killer battery life.

Bluetooth Spec.: Ver.,5.0 / Class 2 /Multi-pairing(3)
Bluetooth Profile: A2DP, HFP, HSP, AVRCP
Bluetooth Codec: aptX/AAC/SBC
Driver: “Graphene” Dynamic Single φ6mm (with HDSS)
Frequency range: 20~20,000 Hz
Water Resistance: equal to IPX4

Continuous Playtime: about 10hr(SBC/AAC), about 7hr(aptX)
Continuous Speaking Time: about 15hr
Recharging Time (Max): about 1.5hr
Charging case capacity: Playback up to 35hr use with charging case

Uses the QCC3026 chipset.

Pairing with a Sony Xperia X Compact (SO-02J) which unfortunately is Bluetooth 4.2.

Sound quality is pretty good. Compared to the wired IEMs I was using previously (Audio Technica ATH-LS70) they slightly more bass heavy and the mids are slightly less defined I would say. Based on the sound, if these were $50-100 cheaper then I wouldn't hesitate to pick them up as wired IEMs if I stumbled upon them while testing new models at the store. Nothing amazing but they're solid enough to be everyday listeners for me.

Comes with 3 sets of standard tips (rather deep), as well 3 sizes of the more shallow SpinFit CP 350s. The depth is definitely noticeable. I'd be interested in trying these out with some foam tips eventually.

They get loud. I have to keep my volume at a firm 50% because beyond that it gets really loud after that.

These block sounds pretty well compared to other IEMs I've used. While walking around the city I could hear the occasional car sound, and a very faint sound of the train while riding inside the train, but human voices and other similar noises just don't register anymore unless it's loud. No more hearing the cat meowing its ass off at all hours. Even keeping the volume one notch above mute, I could barely hear someone at normal talking volume from a foot away and it only sounded like noise instead of words. I personally enjoy that when I want some alone time, but I also listen to music a lot at work and while walking around outside so that could cause some issues.

I've noticed some connectivity issues though. Since this is my first time buying wireless IEMs this could be "normal", but I've noticed that sound cuts out if the "master" earbud is covered (like cupping my and around my left ear). I noticed this because I had taken out the left earbud while talking to someone and cupped it in my hand like a fist. My girlfriend's pair Radius HP-T100BT also does the same thing so it might just be a general wireless issue that I wasn't aware of until now. I've also had connectivity issues with them cutting out once straight out of the box directly after buying them at the store while I was walking to the train station, and once briefly while sitting inside working on my laptop. Both times my battery on the device I was pairing the IEMs to was running low on battery so I'm unsure if that had any effect, so I'm keeping an eye on that in case I run into unexpected connectivity issues again.

The battery has lasted pretty well so far but I'm going to try to push them as long as I can without charging them today. The user manual suggests periodically putting the earbuds into the charging case for a second and then taking them out again to have it reset which earbud is the master/slave based on battery levels but we'll see.

Speaking of the case, the case is probably the weakest point for me aside from the connectivity issues. It feels rather cheap in comparison to everything else. I'm worried I'll break the button someday.

I looked at some other posts about the NT01AX but there aren't very many and nothing detailed so I'd be interested in hearing opinions if anyone else has the NT01AX! Especially in regards to connectivity.

Edit: The playback times seem roughly right I guess. I started listening around 9am this morning and around 3pm (roughly the 6 hour mark) using the apt-x codec it has started to glitch out on me a little bit. The battery isn't dead yet though.

Edit 2: The left earbud finally drained just past 5pm. So from 9am to 5pm-ish, probably only an hour or so of break time in between, with the left earbud master the entire time. The right earbud still has some charge. I think i could've stretched it past the 7 hour mark if I had let it swap master earbuds like the user guide suggested.

Overall, battery life is great in my opinion! I can easily last a full day with one charge, from leaving the house to returning home after work. It lasts longer than my phone's battery at least.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #8,095 of 62,440
@Bartig
Can you advise differences between the Tranya T3, 1more E1026BT, and mifo O5?
I can, but have you read my review comparison already? Love to answer further questions. :)

Well its a bloody Muddy earphone. Missing one of the large Earpieces tips. When trying to take off the small Eartip that came with the Earbuds a piece came off which I put back in, so no biggie. Hook up to my android box and treble roll off, bass is boomy. Tried my Anbes 359 tips and it sounded a pinch better. To my surprise the charging case is smaller than the Alterola IE600. Zoinks. Too bad the SQ was so bad. They were a bit big for my liking. It's going back to Amazon.
EDIT
I think I'll stick to $30-35 TWS. Being disappointed alot lately especially when my first TWS's were the Funcl and Anbes with my kind of SQ. Like I said earlier I'm sticking to BA/Dynamic combo and 6-8hr battery or more.

No wonder, this is one of the cheapest generic TWS designs you can get on Alibaba, 'branded' with hundreds of names on AliExpress and Amazon.

Found this last night in amazon.de 's bargain bin (trash heap) and it does look exactly like the Alterola IE600 ... but at 15$ and 4.1BT ... pretty certain this is something else ... at least on the inside ...

Still, maybe order 'for science' ... and then send back :D

I wouldn't! Bluetooth 4.1 is bound to give you some pairing and connectivity issues. Love to hear your experience though. :p

PSA: I contacted QCY whether I could use the right QS1 bud with the left QS2 bud and according to them they are incompatible. I lost one of the QS1 earphones so I'm planning to get the QS1 again, so I have a backup right bud + charging case!

Any other budget suggestions recommended for now? Saw the T3 getting praise but that's at the limit of my budget for it's intended usage (sporting mostly, while doing chores)
For sporting, I like a more bassy sound. The Haylou GT1 and Anomoibuds Capsule come to mind. Also the waterproof Mpow T6.

Jul 3, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #8,096 of 62,440
I can, but have you read my review comparison already? Love to answer further questions. :)

I have read it (awesome post btw!)
I'm currently using the mifo O5 professional, and while it's amazing in most aspects, it does lack in base a bit. The Anbes 359 are great, but don't have the level of clarity in looking for. So I guess I'm just wondering between the ones in your post, which ones would you recommend for having some base, very good separation and soundstage, and a relatively balanced sound signature?

Also, does the Qualcomm chip in the 1more set make a difference in connectivity? Or the aptx codec in sound quality?

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #8,098 of 62,440
the evil hoarder in me went for some late night amazon shopping and found THIS .... ZagZog ... this listing on German amazon is somewhat misleading as most of the reviews are for an older model, they just re-used the listing (should be red flag #1) .. they also seem to be rather fresh on AliX, no orders yet (as far as I could judge from image search results listings) ... well, 31.99€ after coupon .. AND I can return if they utterly suck.

So, those Zagzogs arrived and I have played with them for 10-15 minutes ... and as a first look .. they do NOT suck! Actually, ever since I found the right tips and get a nice seal, I am starting to wonder if they are the Tranya T3 in a different package ... need to do some serious A/Bing here ... sometimes to bass seems to be even too rumbly .. but those buds I will keep

Oh, and probably what made me compare them with the Tranya T3 first? Vol control on the buds, double click on either side vol up or down (and I think it's actually reversed from the T3, the zagzog go vol up on double click on the LEFT bud) ...

I got some other new stuff as well and will chime in on those over the weekend ... but if those zagzog happen to show up on lightning deal (I paid 32€ instead of 40€) on your location's amazon, those are worth to at least check out IMHO.

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #8,099 of 62,440
Decided to sell off the Senn MTW on ebay, got a decent price, and stick with the CA Melomania 1 (with the foam tips) and my latest purchase, the Tranya T1 Pro, which was $39 on Amazon. The latter are very good, comfy too. Need a bit of a tweak on the high end, a bit too crispy OOB. But once I got the EQ right, they really sound fantastic, balanced. So for less than I got back on resale for the Senns used, I have two very nice TW phones. Can't keep up with all the inexpensive options, but I do recommend the Tranyas. Both phones have that big battery advantage, even though I would never wear them that long.

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #8,100 of 62,440
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back