Hifiman TWS600 - First Impression
Jul 2, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #20 of 240
Just received an email from Hifiman - yes it is the same driver as RE600 but with added nano coating layer (making it topology driver) for fine tuning.
Sound should be similar but not identical (different housing and refined driver also tuned amplification section to match drivers)

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #21 of 240
So just received the TWS600, I have some brief impressions with a full review coming up on THL soon!

In short, I do enjoy the sound, it is refreshing to listen to a TWS earphone without overwhelming bass, rather, the TWS600 is quite vocal forward.

Bass is very tight and the mid-bass definition is outstanding. Extension is also quite good though sub-bass is very recessed and overall bass takes a back seat. I love the vocal presence, they are clearly forward though they are also quite off timbre - the lower-midrange has a peak as does the upper-midrange around 4KHz which makes them sound a bit hollow and, at times, strident. In return, they are very clear, separated and open sounding. Treble is smooth with just enough crispness around the lower treble to provide nice detail presence without becoming too sharp and the background is clean while retaining enough air. This is great coming from most TWS sets that tend to be V-shaped with boosted lower-treble. The soundstage is special to me, I haven't heard a wider stage from a TWS earphone.

As for the design, they look chunky, but they're actually quite reasonable in the ear due to their shaping and deeper fit so most of the housing gets hidden. I get a great fit and seal, there is modest driver flex yet this has caused no issues for me. Isolation is excellent, some of the best I've come across. They have a stable fit, staying put during a 6Km run. It is interesting to note that each driver can be paired individually to a source which means you can squeeze double the battery life out of them when used mono, for instance, as a headset. Call quality was above average but not outstanding, callers reported that my voice didn't sound distant but was slightly muffled.

Finally, enjoy the eye candy & any questions welcome!

lrm_export_134771811223787_20190701_224225662.jpeg

Jul 2, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #22 of 240
Just received an email from Hifiman - yes it is the same driver as RE600 but with added nano coating layer (making it topology driver) for fine tuning.
Sound should be similar but not identical (different housing and refined driver also tuned amplification section to match drivers)

As a surprise I received also a number of discount codes - US$25 off for a TWS600 purchase - so in anyone is interested please PM me
Numbers are limited and will be provided on "first come first served" basis

I am very disappinted because of that.
I think it was the same driver as RE800 but why RE600?
I think I will cancel my order..

It sounds better than Senn TWS?

Jul 2, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #23 of 240
Actually I think it might be exactly same driver as RE600 - already emailed @TeamHiFiMAN if they can confirm and will report back.

They are the same drivers my friend

not sure. They talk about topology driver in their TWS600, the same tech as we find in RE800/RE2000. Not RE400/600

As a surprise I received also a number of discount codes - US$25 off for a TWS600 purchase - so in anyone is interested please PM me
Numbers are limited and will be provided on "first come first served" basis

I am very disappinted because of that.
I think it was the same driver as RE800 but why RE600?
I think I will cancel my order..

It sounds better than Senn TWS?

Jul 2, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #25 of 240
I was about to say something similar, the RE800 even at discounted pricing has never been at the 199USD price range. The RE800 is clearly a higher range product. I think the 199USD for the TWS600 is good pricing considering all the BT technology.

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #26 of 240
So just received the TWS600, I have some brief impressions with a full review coming up on THL soon!

In short, I do enjoy the sound, it is refreshing to listen to a TWS earphone without overwhelming bass, rather, the TWS600 is quite vocal forward.

Bass is very tight and the mid-bass definition is outstanding. Extension is also quite good though sub-bass is very recessed and overall bass takes a back seat. I love the vocal presence, they are clearly forward though they are also quite off timbre - the lower-midrange has a peak as does the upper-midrange around 4KHz which makes them sound a bit hollow and, at times, strident. In return, they are very clear, separated and open sounding. Treble is smooth with just enough crispness around the lower treble to provide nice detail presence without becoming too sharp and the background is clean while retaining enough air. This is great coming from most TWS sets that tend to be V-shaped with boosted lower-treble. The soundstage is special to me, I haven't heard a wider stage from a TWS earphone.

As for the design, they look chunky, but they're actually quite reasonable in the ear due to their shaping and deeper fit so most of the housing gets hidden. I get a great fit and seal, there is modest driver flex yet this has caused no issues for me. Isolation is excellent, some of the best I've come across. They have a stable fit, staying put during a 6Km run. It is interesting to note that each driver can be paired individually to a source which means you can squeeze double the battery life out of them when used mono, for instance, as a headset. Call quality was above average but not outstanding, callers reported that my voice didn't sound distant but was slightly muffled.

Finally, enjoy the eye candy & any questions welcome!

If you get a chance, try out the new Lypertek Tevi. I'm waiting for my TWS600 to arrive but I have heard the Tevi and they are very impressive, especially when you take into account the whole package and price.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #29 of 240
Now this is interesting!

I like the design, pretty edgy

How is the battery life? :)

Also, how is the connection stability? I've had some awesome time with Vifa Copenhaged 2 Bluetooth speaker that has the connectivity to stay on even if you do karate around it, those new TWS 600 made me curious if they're just as stable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back