Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 20, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #7,681 of 62,117
Are there any sets that can be worn one at a time and in either ear? Sound quality doesn't need to be amazing, I work in an office and mainly stream online radio

QCY T1C, QS1, and T2C can do that.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #7,682 of 62,117
Are there any sets that can be worn one at a time and in either ear? Sound quality doesn't need to be amazing, I work in an office and mainly stream online radio

Earin M2. You can use either bud in either ear

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #7,683 of 62,117
Any tips where to buy Sabbat E12 in Canada? I'm confused why Gearbest has two listings, one on sale and another more expensive listing that gives the option to chose wireless-charging bin. Looks like someone did try asking about the on-sale one being wireless charging but the seller just said "yes connectivity: Wireless" which seems ambiguous. Amazon has a few grey-market listings (that is, they put some random brand's name in front of Sabbat), but at this point they don't seem to be Amazon-fulfilled so you're not getting an advantage for shipping (it seems to me the budget-fi TWS are really behind in Amazon Canada). I bought the Anbes 359 from Aliexpress but it still hasn't been shipped yet after 3 days. =/

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #7,684 of 62,117
Jun 20, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #7,685 of 62,117
This comment is very annoying

Lol j/k

That Fostex looks even better than the other photos I saw. In that side view I get a better idea of how thin it is. So tempting!

yes, you can also see it here at minute 2:50 when he held it

i think it's thinner than the BT20, but slightly wider. can't wait to try it hands on next month

Jun 20, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #7,686 of 62,117
Just got my Powerbeats Pro today. Never been a fan of Beats, but so far, these are pretty good. I think they are more comfy than my soundsport wireless. Don't expect them to sound like the K10U I used to own, but pretty convenient. Case isn't that big. No bigger than I'd carry the K10U in - smaller probably. They do leak a lot of outside noise in, similar to the Bose, but the upside is you don't get that thump thump bone conduction as you walk.

edit: Too bright. Tricky to get a decent seal. Returning.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #7,687 of 62,117
Why not buying the best IEM you possibly can, and then buy a Bluetooth 4.2 or 5.0 cable with APTx-HD?

I think you have way more options than trying to find a pair if IEM's that you like that include BT.

Have you seen any BT 5.0 cables?, I haven't. I have 4 sets of BT cables, MMCX and 2-pin. Some APTx and Aptx-HD, but only one of them is BT 4.2. and like was mentioned, the point is to have no cables.

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #7,688 of 62,117

I'm also surprised, and a bit disappointed about that.

With my slight (age-)impaired hearing loss at high frequencies I made promising experiences with sound/hearing personalization technology like the Mimi app on my iPhone. As a test I then bought a Nuraphone full size headphone, but didn't like that (subjective clumsiness) and returned it.

Now I'm very interested in trying the Nuraloop, once they appear in autumn. I didn't make a prerelease order, because I don't want to be bound, and dealers like Amazon sure will quickly offer convenient discounts and rights to return.

But I would be pleased if one of you premium HeadFiers :beerchug: could already now open a thread about the coming Nuraloops, to which I could subscribe (I myself being an absolute HeadFi-nobody don't want to do that).

Of course initially not much traffic would happen, but we would have a standard place of collecting the - initially sparse - news and insights.

Please give it a thought... :beerchug:

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #7,689 of 62,117
@Slater thanks! are there any differences between them or are they basically the same?

The buds are all the exactly same. The only difference is the charge case is different with the T2C. It has a lid and also a higher capacity battery.

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #7,690 of 62,117
The Klipsch T5 is now available. Was released a couple of days ago. $199.00

USB-C
IPX4 - 'sweat and waterproof'
8 hr battery w/ 24 in case
Dynamic Driver - 5mm
AptX and AAC

Reviews are few so far, but there is one below (kid is a bit annonying in it though).

The promotion with the lighter is kind of silly, but they are going for a 1980s rocker vibe, so why not.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/t5-true-wireless-earphones

1.jpg
1.png

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 20, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #7,691 of 62,117
I'm also surprised, and a bit disappointed about that.

With my slight (age-)impaired hearing loss at high frequencies I made promising experiences with sound/hearing personalization technology like the Mimi app on my iPhone. As a test I then bought a Nuraphone full size headphone, but didn't like that (subjective clumsiness) and returned it.

Now I'm very interested in trying the Nuraloop, once they appear in autumn. I didn't make a prerelease order, because I don't want to be bound, and dealers like Amazon sure will quickly offer convenient discounts and rights to return.

But I would be pleased if one of you premium HeadFiers :beerchug: could already now open a thread about the coming Nuraloops, to which I could subscribe (I myself being an absolute HeadFi-nobody don't want to do that).

Of course initially not much traffic would happen, but we would have a standard place of collecting the - initially sparse - news and insights.

Please give it a thought... :beerchug:
Those do look interesting, but they still have a wire connecting them, unfortunately. Once you go no wire, brother, it's like the sun coming through the clouds.

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #7,692 of 62,117
Those do look interesting, but they still have a wire connecting them, unfortunately. Once you go no wire, brother, it's like the sun coming through the clouds.

Yep I could not go back to a wired in ear for on the go use after nearly 2 years with true wireless

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #7,693 of 62,117
I can't see why not having a connecting wire (only between the 2 in-ears) should be as important as having a personalized frequency response correcting e.g. age- or malady-induced impairments.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #7,694 of 62,117
The Klipsch T5 is now available. Was released a couple of days ago. $199.00

USB-C
IPX4 - 'sweat and waterproof'
8 hr battery w/ 24 in case
Dynamic Driver - 5mm
AptX and AAC

Reviews are few so far, but there is one below (kid is a bit annonying in it though).

The promotion with the lighter is kind of silly, but they are going for a 1980s rocker vibe, so why not.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/t5-true-wireless-earphones

Not shipping until mid to late July.

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #7,695 of 62,117

I do agree with this.

Convenience is very addicting.

Google bs encyclopedias, Uber vs taxis, wireless phone charging, power lock and windows in cars, air conditioning, dishwasher, power lawn mower, streaming movies, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back