Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 10, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #54,211 of 62,747
That's a nice and early time to catch up, I struggle to wake up anywhere near that time on my days off. But when I'm away at work, I'll catch up at 4:30am, so we're similar I'm that regard lol! I'm guessing you are in Australia too yes?
Yea up in Brissy atm, but have lived all over.

It's the only time to myself at the moment. That sweet hour before everyone wakes up.

Jul 10, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #54,212 of 62,747
Jul 11, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #54,215 of 62,747
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #54,217 of 62,747
@Gilroypro This is BS though. How are we going to test HiFiMan products, without ordering them and delivery. We can simply goto Best Buy, Target..etc to listen to main stream products. For this there should NOT be a restocking fee!
I've ordered from Bloomaudio before. The Noble Falcon ANC and Astell&Kern UW100. Lost like $70 with restock fee and shipping deduction. Stability issues w/ LDAC is not considered defective but was a selling point and just didn't work out. Didn't opt for credit as nothing else in their TWS lineup had me intrigued. Might rethink of purchasing from them in the near future. They kept $70 and are most likely going to sell the Svanar that I returned as open box for like $20-$50 off original price.
Screenshot_20230710-222453_Yahoo_Mail_1.jpg

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #54,218 of 62,747
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ear-micro-t10-bespoke-featuring-klipsch-audio.26563/reviews

Crazy TWS! But an really intersting concept if they can get the price down in future products. Id defintily would be willing to spend around 1k if it's a truly high end tws with at least the battery as a replaceable part.

Tbh, I doubt that it's a truly high end TWS in terms of sound quality. Back when I had the Klipsch X10, I wasn't all that impressed with their single BA, which I thought clearly inferior to Final Audio's FI-BA-SS. Actually, even the venerable Ety ER4S had better fidelity than the X10. Yeah, I know they claim having tweaked the X10's single BA to the max for this TWS. But one can only do so much within the limitations of physics.

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #54,219 of 62,747
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #54,220 of 62,747
Was debating getting either the Aviot TE-Z1PNK or the Audio-Technica ATH-TWX9 to still my desires for a new TWS, but I'm not sure which one sounds better. Extremely difficult to find decent reviews of Aviot earbuds in English in my experience.

I really just want the Hifiman Svanar but I think they're just disgustingly expensive lol. Like $499 is fine, €499 would also be fine even though our currency has been devalued compared to the € and $ by a lot in comparison to just a couple of years ago... but I feel like $500 is my limit really.
With the shipping and important tax it would end up about $700-ish... like please, can anyone talk me out of it (or not :D) I'm starting to reason with myself to make it feel like it's worth it lol.

Jul 11, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #54,221 of 62,747
Was debating getting either the Aviot TE-Z1PNK or the Audio-Technica ATH-TWX9 to still my desires for a new TWS, but I'm not sure which one sounds better. Extremely difficult to find decent reviews of Aviot earbuds in English in my experience.

I really just want the Hifiman Svanar but I think they're just disgustingly expensive lol. Like $499 is fine, €499 would also be fine even though our currency has been devalued compared to the € and $ by a lot in comparison to just a couple of years ago... but I feel like $500 is my limit really.
With the shipping and important tax it would end up about $700-ish... like please, can anyone talk me out of it (or not :D) I'm starting to reason with myself to make it feel like it's worth it lol.
Lately I ask myself "is this going to be a slightly different/better version of something I've already heard"

Or

"Is this going to be a new way to listen to music"

I feel like Svanar falls into the first thought based on reviews.

Jul 11, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #54,222 of 62,747

I just spotted the Svanar on Amazon France for €559. Don't know if they ship to Sweden though.
https://www.amazon.fr/HiFiMAN-SVANAR-intra-auriculaires-suppression-diaphragme/dp/B0C73D3RQK/

Jul 11, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #54,223 of 62,747
Yea up in Brissy atm, but have lived all over.

It's the only time to myself at the moment. That sweet hour before everyone wakes up.
Oh sweet, that's not far from me either. Well sort of, but not really in terms of Australia's vast size. 😝

I feel ya. I'm back in the schedule of the 4am catch ups as of tomorrow. 25 minute bus ride is all I'll get for the day!

On another note - is anyone else anticipating the AptX update for the QCII's? They are the only TWS I possess at this point in time. I'm hoping that new codecs can unlock a bit more potential in them that may be enveloped by the current limitations. It would make sense for them to release more dynamic EQing to go along with the higher bitrate audio as well.

Refraining from acquiring anything else until the next big thing. Reason being is I'm a sucker for top tier ANC.

They certainly don't sound the best among all, but as with others in here; their all-roundedness is why I own them and them alone. (reading back on this, I'm impressed with how disciplined I have become by keeping my GAS at bay...) 🤪

Jul 11, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #54,224 of 62,747
compared my bose qcii vs noble mystique found those eq for neutral sound . both eq”ed to same sound signature ,bose brighter sounding. a bit more details has noble and more rich is noble. anyway ,both i like. think what one to keep. 😄 both superior to my old apple airpods pro -they no needs any eq to listen music for me. just set balanced sound in settings.

Attachments

• IMG_9804.jpeg
    IMG_9804.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9815.jpeg
    IMG_9815.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9742.png
    IMG_9742.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back