Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 10, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #54,196 of 62,764
Dropping some input about FIIL CC Pro2.

—purchased with my own hobby budget from AE FIIL store at $109.

I’m exploring TWS this month, and having myself exposed to something that I’m interested.

As I already have Moondrop LittleWhite the hi-res wireless module to boost my IEMs, I have no need for fancy non-ANC ones like FW5 / Nobles.

So far I’ve explored Bose QC Earbuds 2, Sony WF1000XM4, Senheiser Momentum 3, Technics AZ60, FIIL CC pro2, Jabra 65t/75t/85t, AKG N400, Apple AirPods Proand variety of lower budget TWS like Moondrop/Soundpeat/KZ etc.

So this FIIL CC Pro2 for the price of $109 Is pretry cost performing one with many of TWS checkmark filled.

-42db adaptive hybrid ANC :
pretty good level as good as AirPods Pro, but not industry leasing QC Earbuds 2, AZ60, Momentum3, XM4 level. The shape of the earbuds(airpods style) is not very efficient in ANC as it has wide open space between the ear and the shells of the TWS, so I think this level of hybrid ANC is optimum

-LDAC: SQ is competent and almost pars with high-end single DD models

-multipoint: pretry smart and support upto 2, not AZ80 level of 3 multipoint but multipoint connection is a must for me now

-outlook
Actually I like the built, it’s aluminum casing and premium feeling. Unlike Sony or Technics plastic casing it feels a lot more higher end when it comes to build.
IMG_8736.jpeg
IMG_8737.jpeg
IMG_8738.jpeg

App: FiiL+, you will need to set default language to English in order to have this app to function, very tech oriented app👍
IMG_8755.jpeg
IMG_8758.jpeg
IMG_8761.png
IMG_8759.png

it has sleep aid mode which I find a very nice and unique functionality that they enclosed into this TWS, basically “do not disturb unless in case of alarm or emergency, faceplate touch won’t trigger anything, keep you rest in peace”
IMG_8760.jpeg

Besides that if you are looking for wearing comfort, airpods style is the best, and I guess FIIL values wearing comfortableness over ANC strengths when compared to deep insertion type of TWS such as Technics.

However, the best cost performing TWS to me so far is Technics AZ60 which I got it new from Amazon USA’s Panasonic official store at $89👍 Thanks to new flagship AZ80 which I think is overpriced at this moment,

AZ60:
-supports hi-res wireless
-comes with BoseQC Earbuds 2-class best ANC that is adjustable
-dynamic driver used is flagship class and satisfies most of the needs
-Again flagship class smooth/smart multipoint (some multipoints are not as smart and intuitive)
-App is simple but comes with industry leading functionalities
-smallest /lightest carrying case
-only nitpick is it doesn’t support wireless charging and the case is made of cheap plastic (looking at you XM4, another cheap plastic casing, “the flagship”, one)

Jul 10, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #54,197 of 62,764
Damn. No chance those will fit me but very cool of Noble to turn it up to 11.

Regarding the cable. We did try to recess the wood to allow the plug to insert more securely

But the recessed area just looked awkward.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 10, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #54,198 of 62,764
Hell yea. Feedback welcome. Couldn't tell if the DSP heavy unique selling proposition was all that, or even what a DSP really does.
You have to know that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. TWS doesn't have wires obviously so the digital signal that is sent and has to be received and processed. The promise of more and better processing power is not a bad thing.

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #54,199 of 62,764
So in other words, no significant changes? Noble following their MO and focusing on design. Has anyone asked specifics, like codecs, ANC etc?

yeah that is making me not really feeling FOMO since I have the mystiques. The battery life is fine, connectivity is fine and the sound is great.

But using a proprietary USB-C cable? that's a significant change I want no part of. That is dumb and very not convenient.

I wish they'd improve the interface of the Mystique though via the app. It's too limited.

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #54,201 of 62,764
You have to know that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. TWS doesn't have wires obviously so the digital signal that is sent and has to be received and processed. The promise of more and better processing power is not a bad thing.
I'm sure I could look this up. But that's where they lose me. Digital signal processing sounds like Bluetooth. Since it's not Bluetooth I'd be guessing the DSP gets the Bluetooth data and smooths it out or something, like a DAC, although it's not called a DAC so here I am still not knowing

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #54,202 of 62,764
yeah that is making me not really feeling FOMO since I have the mystiques. The battery life is fine, connectivity is fine and the sound is great.

But using a proprietary USB-C cable? that's a significant change I want no part of. That is dumb and very not convenient.

I wish they'd improve the interface of the Mystique though via the app. It's too limited.
Have there been any Firmware updates to the Noble Mystique? I've had mine for some time and I'm pretty sure I've never done any updates, haha.

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #54,205 of 62,764
I'm sure I could look this up. But that's where they lose me. Digital signal processing sounds like Bluetooth. Since it's not Bluetooth I'd be guessing the DSP gets the Bluetooth data and smooths it out or something, like a DAC, although it's not called a DAC so here I am still not knowing
You got it. Just a little more involved over BT and they usually try to go all in one for size saving. SoC single on chip solution where part does DSP so it is not just a DAC and they don't call it that. Now like FiiO can add and tout "independent DAC" and add DAC chips to do job instead of the SoC.

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #54,206 of 62,764
Have you tried LDAC on the Svanar and if so, are you getting a stable connection without having to go in to developer settings to decrease a setting?
I have had a couple of limited quick cutouts. I will pay closer attention. Nothing like I had with the NTP.

Jul 10, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #54,207 of 62,764
Have there been any Firmware updates to the Noble Mystique? I've had mine for some time and I'm pretty sure I've never done any updates, haha.
I rarely check but did a couple weeks ago and there was one

Jul 10, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #54,208 of 62,764
I have had a couple of limited quick cutouts. I will pay closer attention. Nothing like I had with the NTP.
Since you're not the first to report this, this alone might make me hold off. No way for a firmware update. No app. Unless there's another way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back