Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #54,227 of 62,557
Tbh, I doubt that it's a truly high end TWS in terms of sound quality. Back when I had the Klipsch X10, I wasn't all that impressed with their single BA, which I thought clearly inferior to Final Audio's FI-BA-SS. Actually, even the venerable Ety ER4S had better fidelity than the X10. Yeah, I know they claim having tweaked the X10's single BA to the max for this TWS. But one can only do so much within the limitations of physics.

Yea and Imagine the restocking fee on these :O

I do find it hard to imagine how these could possibly sound as good as the reviewer says, for that money you want it to be the best sounding thing in your arsenal, there is just no way.

Plus no one is talking about the look, I'm sorry but the design is straight out of the Ed Hardy Rhinestone catalogue.

Jul 11, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #54,228 of 62,557
I don’t think there’s another way but I haven’t had any issues on my iPhone.
iPhone doesn't support LDAC. I use strictly Android so my default is LDAC. I have been using my Samsung S23 Ultra and am switching my sim to my Pixel 7 Pro.

However, the Svanar manual says this;

Due to the complexity of the electromagnetic environment, the default LDAC high-resolution Bluetooth connection format may freeze or disconnect due to insufficient bandwidth. If this occurs, enter Settings on your device and manually set the Bluetooth format to AAC or SBC. In this mode, the problem of lag/disconnection will be improved, but the sound quality might be less impactful.

The cutouts are no where near as bad as the cutouts I was experiencing from the Nuratrue Pro. I will need to test the sound quality on the other modes as well. I will say the sound quality of these is really excellent using LDAC. @clerkpalmer could attest more to non LDAC sound quality since he is using iPhone and it doesn't support LDAC.

Another point regarding LDAC, the Svanar supports 32bit @ 96kHz. That is impressive as hell. I can't recall, but I think the AZ80 supported 24bit.

Also, the Denon PerL Pro and the 3ANC, both of which sound excellent don't support LDAC. So later today I will do some listening in other modes.

Obviously, I still have a few things to test before I make my comparisons.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #54,229 of 62,557
Was debating getting either the Aviot TE-Z1PNK or the Audio-Technica ATH-TWX9 to still my desires for a new TWS, but I'm not sure which one sounds better. Extremely difficult to find decent reviews of Aviot earbuds in English in my experience.

I really just want the Hifiman Svanar but I think they're just disgustingly expensive lol. Like $499 is fine, €499 would also be fine even though our currency has been devalued compared to the € and $ by a lot in comparison to just a couple of years ago... but I feel like $500 is my limit really.
With the shipping and important tax it would end up about $700-ish... like please, can anyone talk me out of it (or not :D) I'm starting to reason with myself to make it feel like it's worth it lol.
No, not for $700. That’s crazy town. Can you source a ZE8000 for less?

Jul 11, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #54,230 of 62,557
iPhone doesn't support LDAC. I use strictly Android so my default is LDAC. I have been using my Samsung S23 Ultra and am switching my sim to my Pixel 7 Pro. However, the Svanar manual says this;

Due to the complexity of the electromagnetic environment, the default LDAC high-resolution Bluetooth connection format may freeze or disconnect due to insufficient bandwidth. If this occurs, enter Settings on your device and manually set the Bluetooth format to AAC or SBC. In this mode, the problem of lag/disconnection will be improved, but the sound quality might be less impactful.

The cutouts are no where near as bad as the cutouts I was experiencing from the Nuratrue Pro. I will need to test the sound quality on the other modes as well. I will say the sound quality of these is really excellent using LDAC. @clerkpalmer could attest more to non LDAC sound quality since he is using iPhone and it doesn't support LDAC.

Another point regarding LDAC, the Svanar supports 32bit @ 96kHz. That is impressive as hell. I can't recall, but I think the AZ80 supported 24bit.

Also, the Denon PerL Pro and the 3ANC, both of which sound excellent don't support LDAC. So later today I will do some listening in other modes.

Obviously, I still have a few things to test before I make my comparisons.
Yes I know. @erockg is an iOS user so I was just pointing out that if he is hesitating it probably won’t be an issue for him. And I like spending his money.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #54,231 of 62,557
I now have Aptx Lossless on my Moto Edge 30 Ultra, so the Nuratrue Pro will now be pushed to the max at last!

I actually did the unthinkable recently and tweaked my sound profile to give a little more mid and high energy, but it responds to that EQ really well.

Jul 11, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #54,232 of 62,557
Yes I know. @erockg is an iOS user so I was just pointing out that if he is hesitating it probably won’t be an issue for him. And I like spending his money.
I would say he needs to pull the trigger.

Jul 11, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #54,234 of 62,557
I would say he needs to pull the trigger.
Every LDAC headset I’ve had has some cutouts. It kind of goes with the territory and probably why LDAC will be phased out eventually. So I can’t attest to the issues in my iPhone but I suspect the Svanar is no different than any other LDAC device. Gotta keep a close connection to the phone and avoid interference.

Jul 11, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #54,237 of 62,557
Every LDAC headset I’ve had has some cutouts. It kind of goes with the territory and probably why LDAC will be phased out eventually. So I can’t attest to the issues in my iPhone but I suspect the Svanar is no different than any other LDAC device. Gotta keep a close connection to the phone and avoid interference.

I haven't experienced any cutouts with my Soundpeats Capsule3 Pro in LDAC mode with adaptive bitrate. Not even in a crowded subway.

Jul 11, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #54,238 of 62,557
For SQ the MWT3 but they are very small bud so watch your fit.

For ANC the Bose, fit can also be iffy on large ears (buy the Extra Fit Kit) over the old one-piece comfort fit system.

They got the technics eah-az60-k for €149 and EAH-AZ70 for €179 aswell.

So many choices!

What do you mean with it's a very small bud? Easy for it to fall out? I usually use medium sized tips.

Jul 11, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #54,239 of 62,557
@ james444: How would you are basically sitting on your phone.

LDAC has poor range, that is why you can change it to at least 3-4 settings in the DEV Options the higher setting at 909/990 will act up in many cases even indoors with walls.

Soundpeats jumped on the LDAC bandwagon late, to get a real idea of it (in a good way) you need a higher end pair of Sony earphones/buds.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #54,240 of 62,557
@ Fouroseven: I am 6 foot so not small but do not have big Noddy ears but bigger than a teen/female or no doubt the Asian market, but I do have larger canals.

I can fix that with my own 3rd party XL: tips (they did still fit the case) but the wings were too small, so they started to slip out for me and many others if you read reviews/comments.

The SQ is one of the best I have heard, and it was made even better recently, I did not rate the ANC/AMB like most buds it does little.

FYI, I did not like the AZ80's SQ (I read 60/70's are similar).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back