Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #54,241 of 62,552
@ james444: How would you are basically sitting on your phone.

LDAC has poor range, that is why you can change it to at least 3-4 settings in the DEV Options the higher setting at 909/990 will act up in many cases even indoors with walls.

Soundpeats jumped on the LDAC bandwagon late, to get a real idea of it (in a good way) you need a higher end pair of Sony earphones/buds.

I don't care for range, as the most important use case with TWS in a mobile environment is to have your phone in your pocket (or maybe backpack). If that works without cutouts, than I'm fine.

Neither do I care for bitrate tweaking, as long as the default setting works fine. All I'm saying is that LDAC doesn't necessarily cut out. But I'm sure you can make it cut out if you try. :wink:

Edit: come to think of it, I don't have any cutouts with my Enco X2 either.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #54,242 of 62,552
I've ordered from Bloomaudio before. The Noble Falcon ANC and Astell&Kern UW100. Lost like $70 with restock fee and shipping deduction. Stability issues w/ LDAC is not considered defective but was a selling point and just didn't work out. Didn't opt for credit as nothing else in their TWS lineup had me intrigued. Might rethink of purchasing from them in the near future. They kept $70 and are most likely going to sell the Svanar that I returned as open box for like $20-$50 off original price.
have you seen their open box prices?

on most items they lose a ton of money.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #54,243 of 62,552
If you are going to have LDAC at lower setting like 303/330 you may as well use aptX if the devices both support it as it is better, and battery will last longer.

LDAC was king when it was the only choice for 24/96 but aptX Adaptive to me is better and even tested on the same earbuds (FiiO FW5).

Like many here I spent a lot of time and some money trying to get Hi-Res (24/48 then 24/96) on Windows, first it was finding an aptX HD USB adapter (Avantree initially but had a few others) then it was LDAC (FiiO BTA30 PRO) and now aptX Adaptive (Chinese and Creative adapters) and right now we can do aptX HD and LDAC without any adapters. via a 3rd party driver.

Windows can now do the same as my Nvidia Shield and Android phone: SBC / AAC / aptX / aptX HD / LDAC (aptX Adaptive via USB Adapter) only aptX LL is missing which the FiiO BTA30 PRO can do so can my FiiO Neckband+FH3's.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #54,244 of 62,552
@ Fouroseven: I am 6 foot so not small but do not have big Noddy ears but bigger than a teen/female or no doubt the Asian market, but I do have larger canals.

I can fix that with my own 3rd party XL: tips (they did still fit the case) but the wings were too small, so they started to slip out for me and many others if you read reviews/comments.

The SQ is one of the best I have heard, and it was made even better recently, I did not rate the ANC/AMB like most buds it does little.

FYI, I did not like the AZ80's SQ (I read 60/70's are similar).
I hate the design of the bose, plus dislike the fact there is no ldac. But the mtw3 size feels small. It's why I've ended up at an impasse.

Jul 11, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #54,245 of 62,552
@ Fouroseven: I am 6 foot so not small but do not have big Noddy ears but bigger than a teen/female or no doubt the Asian market, but I do have larger canals.

I can fix that with my own 3rd party XL: tips (they did still fit the case) but the wings were too small, so they started to slip out for me and many others if you read reviews/comments.

The SQ is one of the best I have heard, and it was made even better recently, I did not rate the ANC/AMB like most buds it does little.

FYI, I did not like the AZ80's SQ (I read 60/70's are similar).

I'm 6 foot aswell. New to the tws game so have never tried anything with wings so I don't know my ear size more than that I got medium canals.

So I have not used anything with Anc so I will probably be satisfied either way 🙂

What do you not like about the technics?

Jul 11, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #54,246 of 62,552
it's annoying that Qualcomm is locking atpX adaptive and lossless to their chipset only in any phones from what I understand. Sure they can do it, but we don't have to like it.

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #54,250 of 62,552
Yes I know. @erockg is an iOS user so I was just pointing out that if he is hesitating it probably won’t be an issue for him. And I like spending his money.
You're an evil man. Don't worry, it's still in my cart. But it's Prime Day!

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #54,251 of 62,552
have you seen their open box prices?

on most items they lose a ton of money.
A few times. Usually $30 off original price. They don't lose any $ though. They charge a restock and recoup on a shipping charge too. And they still get cut for distribution sales. So they don't break even but make a bit more

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #54,252 of 62,552
I ordered the QCii from Lenovo with a $119 price tag. They were supposed to be shipped and in hand by the end of the week.
I received an email from Lenovo saying it's being delayed, shipping now can be up to 30 days.
Anyone else who ordered these get an email stating a delay?

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #54,253 of 62,552
I don't care for range, as the most important use case with TWS in a mobile environment is to have your phone in your pocket (or maybe backpack). If that works without cutouts, than I'm fine.

Neither do I care for bitrate tweaking, as long as the default setting works fine. All I'm saying is that LDAC doesn't necessarily cut out. But I'm sure you can make it cut out if you try. :wink:

Edit: come to think of it, I don't have any cutouts with my Enco X2 either.
I have a load of LDAC & LHDC buds from a wide variety of different manufacturers and haven't experienced cutouts with any of them.

The only thing I have noticed is the maximum range is much shorter. I can go around 20m line of sight with some of my earbuds, but with high res codecs it's more like 5m.

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #54,254 of 62,552
A few times. Usually $30 off original price. They don't lose any $ though. They charge a restock and recoup on a shipping charge too. And they still get cut for distribution sales. So they don't break even but make a bit more

Yeah I don't really think that's the case. Because I shop there as one of my three main shops and I see their open box stuff and they're not charging 30 bucks less on a pair of IEM. I've been shopping there and at audio 46 and B&H and headphones.com for the last 5 years. I've never seen anything that you are saying is true, unless it's maybe $100 products. But that's not what we are talking about here.

Here is the current list of IEM. Filter by open box. The closest IEM there in price to the svanar are the meze advant. The open box is 100 cheaper than the list price, 599 from 699. On all the more expensive ones they're listed hundreds less.

So please tell me, where are all these IEMs that they're making all this extra money on because they're only knocking off 30 bucks off the price.

Please let me know

https://bloomaudio.com/collections/universal-iems

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #54,255 of 62,552
Yeah I don't really think that's the case. Because I shop there as one of my three main shops and I see their open box stuff and they're not charging 30 bucks less on a pair of IEM. I've been shopping there and at audio 46 and B&H and headphones.com for the last 5 years. I've never seen anything that you are saying is true, unless it's maybe $100 products. But that's not what we are talking about here.

Here is the current list of IEM. Filter by open box. The closest IEM there in price to the svanar are the meze advant. The open box is 100 cheaper than the list price, 599 from 699. On all the more expensive ones they're listed hundreds less.

So please tell me, where are all these IEMs that they're making all this extra money on because they're only knocking off 30 bucks off the price.

Please let me know

https://bloomaudio.com/collections/universal-iems
Wasn't referring to Wired IEMS but the TWS. Plus with open box, sometimes the manufacturer can sell returns cheaper to distributors. All the distributor will do is slap on and cross off the original price with a savings price. Doubt they would stock and sell items at a loss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back