1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330
332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341
Next

Last
  1. clerkpalmer
    I just spit my coffee out laughing.

2. howdy
    You'll probably end up keeping both. They are both great in their own way, I like to listen to both when I get a chance. I have Employee reviews to do at work and they generally take a lot of time and my employees know to leave me alone when I have my headphones on so maybe I'll have some good listening time for the next few weeks.

3. clerkpalmer
    This is what I decided as well. I run them both. As an aside, my Senns suffered from battery drain and connecting while in the case. I sent them back to Senn last week. They were very responsive. No hassle. Mailed them on Thursday, and new ones arrived today. That said, I am concered that its a design issue at this point as I've had 2 MTW with the same issue. We will see if the new ones are any better. But great customer service. In contrast, my Jabra 65T failed and it has been a miserable experience. Jabra support sucks. They require you to communicate via email and it takes them days if not more than a week to respond. My headset stopped working 3 weeks ago and they have yet to approve an RMA. I truly hate them and will never buy another product from them again. The entire process is designed to make me give up. I finally filed a dispute with PayPal on the grounds that they refuse to honor their warranty. Paypal will cover me. Stay away from Jabra.

howdy likes this.
  4. hifi80sman
    For those that are interested, B&O E8 Lightning Deal at Amazon.com for $149.99. Had to order the Gray. At $149, had to. What's also curious, is the listing for the Black version is noted as "Discontinued by the Manufacturer", while the Gray is not. I assume this is because version 2.0 already has a Black color option, while the Gray does not have a 2.0 sibling.

Also, from what I can tell, the earbuds themselves are exactly the same, just in different colors. The only change is the case, but for $200 more, I think I'll pass. The 2.0 case is reported to be $200 separately, so if you really wanted to, you could get this and then the case later and you'd have an extra case for the same price as if you were to just buy the 2.0 now (will be released on 2/14).

upload_2019-2-12_10-58-24.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    junix and howdy like this.
  5. howdy
    Thats a Great deal! I was rocking mine on Saturday.

6. hifi80sman
    The build of the earbud itself is really nice, I just hope this one doesn't have any drop out issues! I've never had a product with so many variances from unit to unit, not only with sound, but also connection. I've returned so many I'm sure my photo has been circulated throughout Best Buy. Time to put that blonde wig to good use!

bronco1015 likes this.
  7. mikp
    Got my assortment of spinfits,100,145 and 155. 145 and 155 fits the mavin, dont understand the hype but these fit good in my ear. Have a box of ali and stock tips, so far these ifts the best so far.

Kind of like the boomy foam on the mavin, but not the fiddling around after taking them out to talk to people.

pitsel likes this.
  8. howdy
    Just like your Avatar, that would be hilarious. Everyone would be like, hay, it's David Lee Roth. Get the guy what ever He wants.

bronco1015 likes this.
  9. Bob24
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  10. hifi80sman
    My "Avatar"?! That's a photo I took for a shoot in '83. I have short hair now. :L3000:

bronco1015, Slater, Luchyres and 2 others like this.
  11. Slater
    Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla Boobuhla
    Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

hifi80sman likes this.
  12. tomscy2000
    Have you heard the NT01b? I bought my wife the 01b a while ago and thought the SQ was not bad at all --- pleasant and balanced. I've heard that the 01AX is identical to the 01b in SQ (it also has HDSS), and that the only difference is battery life and dual sided voice communication, rather than single sided.

There's also now AVIOT, which seems to be the same type of OEM unit as the NUARL, but with flashier colors/design: http://aviot.jp/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    RobinFood likes this.
  13. RobinFood
    I haven't tried the other ones, but the 01b is the same except without the new aptx chip that is supposed to be more stable too.
    That said, I don't notice much of a difference between the aptx and aac connection.

I didn't try the new Aviot though, it was released this Saturday. Early reviews seem to say it has connection problems.
    I contacted Nuarll about the beeps, they said it is a known issue under investigation now, and they hope to fix it with a firmware update sometime in the future...

pitsel likes this.
  14. Slater
    Connection problems seem to be the issue with the majority of TWS earphones.

Which is understandable given the difficulty in engineering TWS.

Many have partial or full aluminum shells. They are physically limited in size (forcing compromises with regard to antenna size/design). Being stuck in the ear doesn’t help, because the human body absorbs 2.4ghz microwave radiation. And they not only have to maintain connectivity with the source but also one another.

15. BigZ12
First

Back
321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330
332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341
Next

Last