Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 13, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #4,966 of 62,116
Feb 13, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #4,968 of 62,116
The 1.0 has SBC and AAC to my knowledge (but no AptX). By the look of it the 2.0 are only getting an updated case and are likely to be the same.
There's no indication anything changed, as I would imagine it would appear in a marketing piece (improved calls, better sound, etc.).

However, for what it's worth, this guy seems to suggest the mic for calls and sound has improved (brighter, more detailed). It's most likely the same and just updated firmware or perhaps it's just the variance from 1.0 unit to unit that many have mentioned here (sound, connection).

Feb 14, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #4,970 of 62,116
I need all you guys opinions about TWS... if I wanna buy true wireless , I’m supra basshead love superpower bass love warm sound .. what tws that all you guys recommend??? best top 3 tws supra bass?... thank you very much from my heart ...

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #4,971 of 62,116
Update on the Timmkoo TIK-T1
- battery life is outstanding, I got 6hrs and 52mins (using the BT Battery Widget as a tracker) listening at higher volume ~75% on way to work (note: these are a little lower in volume vs. other TWEs so the level would've only shown as ~50-60% on most other TWEs) and then at about 50% volume at work, I took a 30 minute break during a meeting with some shorter breaks here and there in between but they always remain connected. I believe they'll easily match or exceed the mfr's claim of 4.5hrs playback time
- phone calls are quite good on my end; as mentioned audible queues when hanging up are played only through the right bud but call is handled on both buds - they sound better than other TWEs for some reason but I've yet to test how it sounds from recipient end; will be rigging up a test to simulate being outdoors and on a plane and recording that on another phone, just gotta figure out how to port that back so I can post it here
- connectivity - only had one minor glitch on the way back home from work but otherwise it's been rock solid with no drops

Burning them in and will provide further updates later.
anymore update on this, I'm curious...
And where to get this? couldn't find on Ali

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #4,972 of 62,116
Does anyone know if Sabbat, Raycon, and Lezii are rebrands of each other?
Yes, just another design that sells to everyone who wants to put their brand on it. Ordered the Sabbat X12 for 38 euros/ 43 dollar. Can't wait.

Does the Sabbat X12 have annoying buzzing noises when you pause the music sometimes? I thought it wouldn't bother me, but it is quite annoying sometimes depending on the buzz and how long I have to keep the music on pause. I am starting to see the appeal of the Audio Technica true wireless, even if it is huge, it is supposed to be keeping those things separate to avoid beeps and boops.
Hmm, before spending that much on tws, have you tried the QCY QS1? They're 25 dollar and amazing! Full bodied and balanced sound, well extended and fairly detailed. Very pleasant sound signature.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #4,973 of 62,116
Yes, just another design that sells to everyone who wants to put their brand on it. Ordered the Sabbat X12 for 38 euros/ 43 dollar. Can't wait.

Hmm, before spending that much on tws, have you tried the QCY QS1? They're 25 dollar and amazing! Full bodied and balanced sound, well extended and fairly detailed. Very pleasant sound signature.

All I see on Aliexpress is $72-$80. Where u getting it for $25?

Also, I see QS1 and QS1 Mini.

Is it the same thing, or are they 2 different models?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #4,974 of 62,116
All I see on Aliexpress is $72-$80. Where u getting it for $25?

Also, I see QS1 and QS1 Mini.

Is it the same thing, or are they 2 different models?
They're the same! Wrote a review about them too, if you're interested.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #4,975 of 62,116

I haven't tried any budget options. There is just way too many shady TWE on the market coming in from China and paying for reviews on Amazon. I wanted something reliable, stable, with a neutral sound and APTx support. I am still not going over 200$, so far away from the price of other flagship TWE earbuds. This one ticks quite a few boxes, but it doesn't do everything I want just yet.

I feel like the TWE scene is like the wearable scene. Nothing feels polished or finished yet, everything has issues and compromises. It all feels like it is in Alpha, so to speak. I am not sure I will keep these either, the ground sound bothers me more since I noticed it, and I find myself often wishing for that ambient mode. Cycling from APTx to AAC is not much, if any, noticeable upgrade. Going back to the ER4XR, after my ears readjust to the lighter bass, I am hit by all the micro details I was missing and that adds so much to the listening experience.

But then, going to bed, I just love that freedom of listening to a few tunes easily without dealing with the wires rubbing against my blanket, and not having to coil everything in the dark. Going out in a rush, I can easily slip them on without having to uncoil anything, and put them back in a second. I can just listen to a song easily and put them away.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #4,976 of 62,116
I haven't tried any budget options. There is just way too many shady TWE on the market coming in from China and paying for reviews on Amazon. I wanted something reliable, stable, with a neutral sound and APTx support. I am still not going over 200$, so far away from the price of other flagship TWE earbuds. This one ticks quite a few boxes, but it doesn't do everything I want just yet.

I feel like the TWE scene is like the wearable scene. Nothing feels polished or finished yet, everything has issues and compromises. It all feels like it is in Alpha, so to speak. I am not sure I will keep these either, the ground sound bothers me more since I noticed it, and I find myself often wishing for that ambient mode. Cycling from APTx to AAC is not much, if any, noticeable upgrade. Going back to the ER4XR, after my ears readjust to the lighter bass, I am hit by all the micro details I was missing and that adds so much to the listening experience.

But then, going to bed, I just love that freedom of listening to a few tunes easily without dealing with the wires rubbing against my blanket, and not having to coil everything in the dark. Going out in a rush, I can easily slip them on without having to uncoil anything, and put them back in a second. I can just listen to a song easily and put them away.
I've got the same. You've got to look really, really good to find a promising one. Often models are offered under 23 brand names, only reading user reviews of the eight brand you discover they're really a piece of crap. The QS1 is not that though. So glad I found it and took the shot. My feeling wasn't wrong.

I actually don't expect the Sabbat X12 or the Tronsmart Spunky to be better. Airdots are way worse too. Really, if you want to try and see how good affordable tws can be, I'd really recommend this QCY.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #4,977 of 62,116

QCY QS1 and the T1C are the same thing, right? (also the same as the Dudios Zeus Air)? funny that the company has two name for the same exact product

i might check them out just for fun. if i don't like it it would be a good gift for relatives

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #4,978 of 62,116
QCY QS1 and the T1C are the same thing, right? (also the same as the Dudios Zeus Air)? funny that the company has two name for the same exact product

i might check them out just for fun. if i don't like it it would be a good gift for relatives
I believe you'll like them far more. :)

I've listened to both the QS1 and T1C and tested both their connectivity and battery life. The official reading of QCY is that the QS1 has a better chip set for a more stable connection, but I really didn't encounter any difference. I just think they changed their name because the T1 was the name of an older, crappy product of them.

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #4,979 of 62,116
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back