Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 14, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #4,981 of 62,084
Yes, just another design that sells to everyone who wants to put their brand on it. Ordered the Sabbat X12 for 38 euros/ 43 dollar. Can't wait.

Hmm, before spending that much on tws, have you tried the QCY QS1? They're 25 dollar and amazing! Full bodied and balanced sound, well extended and fairly detailed. Very pleasant sound signature.
@Bartig , I clicked on the Amazon link your blog links to, out-of-stock on that particular...but rt below, another suggested qcy model @29.99, then I clicked on the 'qcy factory' to see all the qcy models currently carried by AMZ, u say the t1c is not as good, but what about those in the qcy factory list? T1 Pro, clicked on that, got me to 3 versions under that link, t2 is the top/expensive @49.99. Anyone tried those, compared to others?

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Wireless-Headphones-Lightweight-Bluetooth/dp/B07JZ455HD/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1550172675&sr=8-4&keywords=QCY+Factory&th=1

Can't get a direct link to the T2 model-which seems the latest model with longest runtime, click on the link to T1 Pro from above, then you'll see the 3 options, it's the Linpa which can be ordered from Amz & fullfilled via Amz/Linpa and get it tomorrow!
Linpa World T2

Ya, so many rebrands of cheap Chi-Fi gear, almost imposslble to navigate, reason when my Bose qc30's bit the dust for the 3rd time, I simply had to order a quick replacement that I knew wasn't going to be the unreliably cheap Chi-Fi, and went with the 'spendy' old-style neck band, and proven qualcomm chip. Fiios F1 for $40. then again, one comment to headphonia's lack luster review, claims these 'suck' https://www.headfonia.com/review-fiio-fb1/ , though there is no actual review of how these sound (reviewer couldn't get a good fit with bulky size)

BTW, 1st qc30 was replaced under warranty when the flimsy usb charging port on the neckband 'pushed' inwards to the point I couldn't get it to charge anymore after 6mo. 2nd pair replaced past warranty by Bose gratis, when started getting electrical connection 'shorts' inside the neckband such that the power light would blink wrong colors before refusing to charge.

Similar happened on the 3rd set, the remote is moisture sealed but inside the quality must be poor, as I was getting a 'beeping' warning sound coming through the earpieces, which was for 'stuck' on max setting volume shorting through either up or down toggle, had to quickly press one of those buttons to get rid of the loud annoying warning beeping, then it worked until it finally died and got a red light(error msg) when I plugged in the usb charging cable, super short temp yellow light, before quickly going to red. Enough of Bose qc30 poor quality components...done with that company. If they come out with a $300 TWE with ANC, I'm going to pass, way too spendy for such poor quality..reading Senn MTW gives me same anxiety over poor quality components/construction/software/firmware

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #4,982 of 62,084
@Bartig , I clicked on the Amazon link your blog links to, out-of-stock on that particular...but rt below, another suggested qcy model @29.99, then I clicked on the 'qcy factory' to see all the qcy models currently carried by AMZ, u say the t1c is not as good, but what about those in the qcy factory list? T1 Pro, clicked on that, got me to 3 versions under that link, t2 is the top/expensive @49.99. Anyone tried those, compared to others?

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Wireless-Headphones-Lightweight-Bluetooth/dp/B07JZ455HD/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1550172675&sr=8-4&keywords=QCY+Factory&th=1

Can't get a direct link to the T2 model-which seems the latest model with longest runtime, click on the link to T1 Pro from above, then you'll see the 3 options, it's the Linpa which can be ordered from Amz & fullfilled via Amz/Linpa and get it tomorrow!
Linpa World T2

Ya, so many rebrands of cheap Chi-Fi gear, almost imposslble to navigate, reason when my Bose qc30's bit the dust for the 3rd time, I simply had to order a quick replacement that I knew wasn't going to be the unreliably cheap Chi-Fi, and went with the 'spendy' old-style neck band, and proven qualcomm chip. Fiios F1 for $40. then again, one comment to headphonia's lack luster review, claims these 'suck' https://www.headfonia.com/review-fiio-fb1/ , though there is no actual review of how these sound (reviewer couldn't get a good fit with bulky size)

BTW, 1st qc30 was replaced under warranty when the flimsy usb charging port on the neckband 'pushed' inwards to the point I couldn't get it to charge anymore after 6mo. 2nd pair replaced past warranty by Bose gratis, when started getting electrical connection 'shorts' inside the neckband such that the power light would blink wrong colors before refusing to charge.

Similar happened on the 3rd set, the remote is moisture sealed but inside the quality must be poor, as I was getting a 'beeping' warning sound coming through the earpieces, which was for 'stuck' on max setting volume shorting through either up or down toggle, had to quickly press one of those buttons to get rid of the loud annoying warning beeping, then it worked until it finally died and got a red light(error msg) when I plugged in the usb charging cable, super short temp yellow light, before quickly going to red. Enough of Bose qc30 poor quality components...done with that company. If they come out with a $300 TWE with ANC, I'm going to pass, way too spendy for such poor quality..reading Senn MTW gives me same anxiety over poor quality components/construction/software/firmware
Hmm, will look into the Amazon link, thank you. I didn't know Linpa, but when looking for it, I assume that it's just another off-brand putting their logo on anything they can. I'm going to avoid the Linpa T2 for now...

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #4,983 of 62,084
Official release of the Beoplay E8 2.0 today and in the blog on their Danish web site they confirm that the actual earbuds are identical with the old (except for colour choices), the only difference is the charging case

https://bocopenhagen.dk/beoplay-e8-...il&utm_term=0_cb004bc382-23fda2fcd3-320068413
Nice link. That's exactly what it looked like, given none of the marketing pieces touted anything other than the updated case. It's a bit of a reach at $350 vs. the $200 or so the 1.0 is going for now. If they upgraded the driver, added aptX, and moved to BT 5, that would make for a compelling upgrade. With other HPs in my collection, I notice I can tell a difference when toggling between AAC and aptX (Galaxy s8) over Spotify (320 kbps).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #4,986 of 62,084
Hmm, will look into the Amazon link, thank you. I didn't know Linpa, but when looking for it, I assume that it's just another off-brand putting their logo on anything they can. I'm going to avoid the Linpa T2 for now...
link you provided on Amazon was to "QCY Factory", which I clicked on to get their storefront to see the other choices. Link from "QCY" seems to be the exact same TWE's in question: https://www.amazon.com/QCY-Bluetoot...DDYSGPPRFZE&psc=1&refRID=RFE84S9QCDDYSGPPRFZE

Uggh, I suppose I could write a more detailed description, but I wonder if my life is worth more than the time it would take to describe the sound from the $40 Fiio FB1s as they 'suck' or maybe sound worse than heaping sacks of donkey manure...is that too harsh?, more like they sound like $.99cents to me. Such an offensive abomination that it reminds me of this Dave Chappelle Mitsubshi commercial. I'd be like Dave and be sayin...What ru doing? "I'm serious!" "You've got to get out of this car" as he shoves her out the door saying "that dancing is maknig my penis soft"

That crazy frail/breaking up with distortion bass, awful vocal reproduction of the FB1, is making my penis soft, lol....yep, that's what I'm going to do to these FB1s, kick them out the door ASAP. But can I find something else that will make me say as in the parody ad "Now that is what I call dancing!" Even this ultra low-fi sound on this low res youtube vid, sounds simply horrible on the FB1 when I'm used to how it sounds on the QC30.
@2:47 the FB1's bass just 'crackles&rattles' like the driver is made of paper and is vibrating with ferocity--- will start to self-destruct anytime into dust, trying to handle it, not really that low fr bass either that it does not handle well at all.

Compared to the QC30's I know well from using past 2+yrs, the FB1 is nearly void of any redeeming qualities, so vapid/limp/weak/completely lifeless is the bass compared to the QC30s which are massive bassheads in comparison. I thought the SQ on the QC30's was at best fair, now compared to the FB1, QC30s are lightyears ahead, though in comparison to Senn HD600, HD600 are in a different galaxy altogether from the QC30s. Going to return the FB1s to Amazon, soon as I decide what else I could buy <$100 that actually has decent sound...I guess I'm far more critical than I realized, really bummed out rt now, need something better, much better SQ... fast.

OMG, I think I'm going to be ill, tried unsuccessfully to listen to this, which sounds quite fine on QC30
Perlman never better doing Chinese influenced sound on his Strat.

, just wicked awesome on better HP's; but is an absolute abomination, complete butchering of what the sound should be like when played through the FB1. FiiO should be ashamed they put the FB1 on the market, who the heck did the tuning for these, they need their hearing examined.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #4,987 of 62,084
Nice link. That's exactly what it looked like, given none of the marketing pieces touted anything other than the updated case. It's a bit of a reach at $350 vs. the $200 or so the 1.0 is going for now. If they upgraded the driver, added aptX, and moved to BT 5, that would make for a compelling upgrade. With other HPs in my collection, I notice I can tell a difference when toggling between AAC and aptX (Galaxy s8) over Spotify (320 kbps).

Yeah, people are not going to pay the extra just for a wireless case, that's ridiculous! I sold my 1 year old E8s for £100 and haven't looked back.

Feb 15, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #4,990 of 62,084
I have not used the Macbook Pro charger, but have tried Anker Cable/wall charger, and the Mi Powerbank charger, cable. Both of those work just fine without any issues. I did notice that the RHA provided cable outputs less power, maybe to protect the device.

Feb 15, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #4,993 of 62,084
Talking about RHA, the sound quality is pretty darn good, and the battery life is excellent. However, I do have an issue when I turn my head the sound cuts out to the right, buzzes and stabilises eventually in a couple of seconds. Is this common or do the new batches solve this problem?

Even my Sabbat X12 Pro has much more rock solid connection.

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #4,994 of 62,084
Talking about RHA, the sound quality is pretty darn good, and the battery life is excellent. However, I do have an issue when I turn my head the sound cuts out to the right, buzzes and stabilises eventually in a couple of seconds. Is this common or do the new batches solve this problem?

Even my Sabbat X12 Pro has much more rock solid connection.
I demoed the RHA at the airport for about 10 mins while waiting for my flight and I did not have any cut outs as I turned my head and paced around the shop. As far as sound, I thought it was bass-forward and generally sounded good, but it was very consumer grade and only SBC. Transparency was meh and it sounded congested with various tracks.

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #4,995 of 62,084
Review of the MTW on Engaget: https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/15/sennheiser-momentum-true-wireless-review/

Nothing new really: they confirm the MTW look good, feel good, sound good ... but the controls are not always perfect and the buds have a critical flaw with auto power off and battery management when you place them in their case.

They are tempting to me, but what worries me is that I am not 100% convinced firmware updates can/will fix all the power drain issues while the buds are in their case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back