Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 28, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #49,036 of 62,776
I tried soooo many TWS for sleeping and while the 1more Comfobuds Z were ok for side sleeping, the battery lasted only 2.5h in the beginning and became less and less rather quickly

Then I realized that for sleeping, I am not too fuzzy about sound quality, since I listen mainly to binaural / meditation / sleep music ... and for that check amazon.fr for musicozy sleep headbands ... I got my first for as low as 10€ ... and I wear it every night now! Battery lasts over 12h, I don't feel anything when laying on the side ... just a thought, I wish I had tried those earlier, would have saved me some TWS money
I have given up on TWS for sleeping. I currently use the B&W Px7 S2 for sleeping since I sleep on my back.

On separate note, I got the Galaxy Buds2 Pro yesterday and, in my opinion, Samsung did great job with these. I get a nice stable fit with the large stock tips and a good seal and I did not need to adjust nearly as frequently as my Galaxy Buds2. They are a bit larger than my Buds2 but this may be helping with stability in my big ears (I like the new flatter design). Sound is much more balanced although mids/vocals did sound a bit recessed for my taste. It would be nice if Samsung provided a better EQ. SSC codec is nice but I was getting some distortion if I turned on 360 Audio (source was Amazon Music on my Samsung S22+). For the $110 these cost me (after trade in), I am very happy with these.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #49,037 of 62,776
I use the GB2P more than any other TWS at the moment. I also wish they had a better EQ :xf_cool:. I do use the dynamic preset and like it at times but a custom EQ would be a huge step forward in my opinion. I wish Samsung would stop just keeping up with Apple which appears to be all they are willing to do, in regard to features.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #49,038 of 62,776
How does the Galaxy buds pro 2 voice detect feature works? Isn't pretty consistent and do you found it easy to have a quick convo and then back to ANC?

I thought that feature was a hit and miss on the Linkbuds S, pretty much useless.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #49,039 of 62,776
Fokus definitely have the edge over the EX for sound. Three drivers to one dynamic. I have the EX and believe it or not, repurchased the Fokus because I love their sound so much. Incredibly powerful and detailed buds imo. I don't have any experience with the HD models you refer to. As you know, so hard to compare a TWS to cans. Typing this while I'm trying to decide if I should get the B&W PX8 or the M&D MW75!!! Ugh.

I am in love with the EX soundstage. I guess what I am trying to get at, with the EX, to me it feels like you can walk around the band stage between the band members, and the music just flows effortlessly. So just curious how much of that description also applies to the Fokus Pro, especially the effortless part?

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #49,040 of 62,776
@C_Lindbergh

The Linkbuds S is way to sensitive in my opinion. I prefer it stopping the music but kicks in way to easily especially if you dealing with a cold and need to clear your throat or work out in the gym and are a grunter like I am :xf_cool: .

The GB2P on the other hand I can cough a single cough, clear my throat or generally grunt without it kicking off so find it more useful in that regard. Both generally work the same when I really start talking in either stopping the music (Sony) or reducing the volume to a whisper (Samsung) and then piping in ambient sound.

Note Samsung has features to enhance ambient, those totally suck in that they make ambient annoying as heck by jacking up every sound to an unreasonable level. Just use the default ambient mode...

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #49,042 of 62,776
Just pull the trigger on the PX8s, you know you need them more than anything right now. :D
What is worse than being the Devil? Yup, that's you. The Devil's Boss.

Ordered. Got 20% using Rakuten! Here I go again...

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #49,043 of 62,776

Glad I can be of assistance. Do give them at least a week of listening, but I find them wonderful. For an added bonus, check them out at least once using straight usb-c to usb-c wired.

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #49,044 of 62,776
I am in love with the EX soundstage. I guess what I am trying to get at, with the EX, to me it feels like you can walk around the band stage between the band members, and the music just flows effortlessly. So just curious how much of that description also applies to the Fokus Pro, especially the effortless part?
It's really hard to say. You're talking about two of the best TWS right now. IMO, the Fokus have the better sound, wonderful instrument separation and the IEM-like shell is gorgeous. That said, they have nothing else. Most of us, or at least a lot of us here, have both. But we're addicts. Noble knocked it out of the park with the Fokus Pro. Hopefully, others chime in who have both for perspective.

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #49,045 of 62,776
My Nuratrue Pro pre-order from Kickstart came today. Stay tuned for my first impressions.

1669672832566.png

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #49,046 of 62,776
It's really hard to say. You're talking about two of the best TWS right now. IMO, the Fokus have the better sound, wonderful instrument separation and the IEM-like shell is gorgeous. That said, they have nothing else. Most of us, or at least a lot of us here, have both. But we're addicts. Noble knocked it out of the park with the Fokus Pro. Hopefully, others chime in who have both for perspective.
I might get some time to charge my Fokus up for a refresher tonight, but I would agree with this off of memory.

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #49,047 of 62,776

Glad I can be of assistance. Do give them at least a week of listening, but I find them wonderful. For an added bonus, check them out at least once using straight usb-c to usb-c wired.
You guys are getting me in trouble now. Thanks for the tip...eBates/Rakuten is awesome. Have my PX8s incoming as well. Was hard to resist since it brings it back down closer to the initial launch price of $550 ($560 + some additional sales tax). I amend my last post, guess PX8s will now be my sleeping headphones (probably use Px7 S2 for the office/commuting since I recently brought my Aonic 50s back home).

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #49,048 of 62,776
You guys are getting me in trouble now. Thanks for the tip...eBates/Rakuten is awesome. Have my PX8s incoming as well. Was hard to resist since it brings it back down closer to the initial launch price of $550 ($560 + some additional sales tax). I amend my last post, guess PX8s will now be my sleeping headphones (probably use Px7 S2 for the office/commuting since I recently brought my Aonic 50s back home).
Ha ha! Sorry. As soon as I saw the Rakuten deal... ugh. Thanks for reaffirming the money saved. Smash cut to: "Hey, are those new headphones? No no, I've haaaad those over ear headphones for a while now."

All this while I'm doing a firmware update on my Nuratrue Pro buds.

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #49,049 of 62,776
My Nuratrue Pro pre-order from Kickstart came today. Stay tuned for my first impressions.

1669672832566.png
Updating mine now. Fingers crossed!

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #49,050 of 62,776
I am always glad to help folks spend their money. I feel less guilty spending my own that way :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back