Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 28, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #49,051 of 62,729
Ha ha! Sorry. As soon as I saw the Rakuten deal... ugh. Thanks for reaffirming the money saved. Smash cut to: "Hey, are those new headphones? No no, I've haaaad those over ear headphones for a while now."

All this while I'm doing a firmware update on my Nuratrue Pro buds.
1669676414834.png

Not too much longer and you can spend some more one the new Technics. The only real pic so far...
1669666317318.png.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #49,052 of 62,729
How does the Galaxy buds pro 2 voice detect feature works? Isn't pretty consistent and do you found it easy to have a quick convo and then back to ANC?

I thought that feature was a hit and miss on the Linkbuds S, pretty much useless.

@C_Lindbergh

The Linkbuds S is way to sensitive in my opinion. I prefer it stopping the music but kicks in way to easily especially if you dealing with a cold and need to clear your throat or work out in the gym and are a grunter like I am :xf_cool: .

The GB2P on the other hand I can cough a single cough, clear my throat or generally grunt without it kicking off so find it more useful in that regard. Both generally work the same when I really start talking in either stopping the music (Sony) or reducing the volume to a whisper (Samsung) and then piping in ambient sound.

Note Samsung has features to enhance ambient, those totally suck in that they make ambient annoying as heck by jacking up every sound to an unreasonable level. Just use the default ambient mode...

I was coming here to write the same after testing it out with my son who, of course, started talking to me as soon as I put the Galaxy Buds2 Pro in my ears but got distracted by the Px8.

I don't have the Linkbuds S but I find the Linkbuds Speak to Chat feature too sensitive, although I do love the feature and never really had an issue with it not working. Clearing my throat will usually stop my music as well on the Sony. The Sony also plays an annoying tone (at least annoying to me) when the mode is engaged.

On the Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro, this feature seems more refined. Clearing my throat does not trigger anything (already better than Sony) and speaking triggered the Voice Detect mode without any tones (just a smooth transition to Voice Detect mode with ambient on and music volume lowered). Default ambient sound was fine for me, although I do like that Samsung included the ability to adjust ambient levels if needed in Accessibility settings. I also like the ability to change the setting to 5, 10 or 15 seconds (I quickly realized 5 seconds is not long enough to get a response from my 5 year old).

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #49,053 of 62,729
I might get some time to charge my Fokus up for a refresher tonight, but I would agree with this off of memory.
Great refresher, didn't need to charge them. The Fokus are hands down bigger/fuller/more flexible sound than the EX. I would say you will need to spend some quality EQ time tailoring to your desires as they are big bass out of the box. You have a personalized listening test (do in a quiet room) that gives you a re great starting point. They EQ on the Fokus is pretty dang good, so you can adjust and save as desired (also has some general presets) The Fokus reaches way louder volume levels over the EX if that is your thing. No way would you ever come close to Max on them without going to the ear doctor. That said, the EX features are much better since the Fokus are straight up sound.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #49,055 of 62,729

Not too much longer and you can spend some more one the new Technics. The only real pic so far...
Yees! I knew in my heart that a new technics tws were coming soon! 😁

Can't wait!
Hopefully:

Improved Anc
Further refinements to SQ
Wireless Charging
LE audio

1 of them is checked at least :)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #49,056 of 62,729
@TK33 I also adjusted the timer up from 5 seconds and just went to 30. I then just tap the buds if I know I am finished talking sooner.

I am glad the accessibility features are there to, under the right circumstances I imagine they are useful. Just found they affected the quality of ambient mode to much for normal use so warn people to be cautious when testing that feature out :).

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #49,057 of 62,729
I am excited about a new Technics but will be cautious this time and definitely like waiting till they go on sale :).

I bought 2 TWS at full retail this year and thats 2 to many...

My wallet weeps at what I could have paid for the Linkbuds S and the GB2P. The savings would have paid for the Q45 at the very least...

This "hobby" requires discipline or my wife will / should kick my @$$.

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #49,058 of 62,729
I tried soooo many TWS for sleeping and while the 1more Comfobuds Z were ok for side sleeping, the battery lasted only 2.5h in the beginning and became less and less rather quickly

Then I realized that for sleeping, I am not too fuzzy about sound quality, since I listen mainly to binaural / meditation / sleep music ... and for that check amazon.fr for musicozy sleep headbands ... I got my first for as low as 10€ ... and I wear it every night now! Battery lasts over 12h, I don't feel anything when laying on the side ... just a thought, I wish I had tried those earlier, would have saved me some TWS money

My wife bought me that similar type sleeping band/eye cover and i really like it that i use it often, especially for taking power naps.
The sound is actually quite okay, but my unit have a channel imbalance that bothered me to the point of not using it.
I ended up taking the speakers off, and just use the sleeping band wifh the Soundpeats Air 3

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #49,059 of 62,729
1669676414834.png
1669666317318.png.
Bring it on! Although, their signature is like Audio-Technica to my ears. I love them at first and then the honeymoon is overrrrrr.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #49,060 of 62,729
Lol I totally get the Audio Technica thing, and yes to a degree Technics as well. I actually have that with Sony, they sound good until you realize what is either over cooked or undercooked. AKG sound is the closest to my preference so long as it doesn't get to fatiguing. I remember buying the K712 Pro and loving the detail and clarity for about a week. Then noticed I was feeling fatigued all the time (felt like Tinnitus) and ended up having to sell them.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #49,061 of 62,729
So far, so good with the Nuratrue Pro. Well worth the Kickstarter early bird price. I was a fan of the originals to a point. All the additions to these thus far are quite welcome. Really happy I can bring down the bass after I run their sound test. Soundstage is pretty incredible with Spatial turned on. Opens it up to a whole new level. Need to play around with these some more. Bass, sub-bass all excellent for hard rock/metal right now.

Attachments

• B4555AE1-2AB9-4424-ABF5-3E53EFE9D324.jpeg
    B4555AE1-2AB9-4424-ABF5-3E53EFE9D324.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 7C537691-80AA-47F3-8411-72FC5BB35B8E.jpeg
    7C537691-80AA-47F3-8411-72FC5BB35B8E.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 28, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #49,062 of 62,729
Nov 29, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #49,063 of 62,729
prVmUOm.jpg

Bose quiet comfort earbuds 2. Superb nosie cancelling and very natural ambient mode. Very comfortable. Sound quality is very enjoyable as well, with a consumer friendly sculpted sound signature that puts out a good amount of sub bass and bright highs without sounding muddy or sibilant. The touch controls works very well, full playback and volume controls are available on each bud. Hope Bose can make the single bud use of the left bud more seamless.

Nov 29, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #49,064 of 62,729
So far, so good with the Nuratrue Pro. Well worth the Kickstarter early bird price. I was a fan of the originals to a point. All the additions to these thus far are quite welcome. Really happy I can bring down the bass after I run their sound test. Soundstage is pretty incredible with Spatial turned on. Opens it up to a whole new level. Need to play around with these some more. Bass, sub-bass all excellent for hard rock/metal right now.
Would be very interested in your settings that are found to be good to use.

Nov 29, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #49,065 of 62,729
Before you review these I suggest changing the tips to something more to your liking.

I wasn't super into the sound but just changed to Azla Crystals and wow. A world of difference. Massive bass and the clarity is improved one hundred fold
I spent the first day tip rolling with them, the Azla are the ones I've settled on funnily enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back