Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 29, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #49,083 of 62,776
Hey there! Does anybody have any experience connecting their earbuds to a Garmin watch? I used to run all the time with my FIIL T1X with no issues until they broke recently (RIP, they were great). I just bought a pair of Space A40 to replace them and they work great with my phone and laptop, but whenever I try to use them with my watch, the playback issues are unbearable. I've tried changing from noise canceling to normal, from LDAC to AAC... nothing works. Any ideas before I try to return them? Because I otherwise love these.

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #49,084 of 62,776
I've used the IKKO with the Shure TW2 before on an iPhone. Few differences on a UTWS5. You'll get more power, but no EQ with the FiiO and the FiiO app is terrible, sometimes never even connects. It's frustrating. Shure TW2 adapters work flawlessly, no bugs. The Fiio are great, and do fit the IKKO, but unless you have an Android phone and can EQ you'll have to stick with the stock sound. So, personally, I think you have the better adapter. I have both and prefer the Shure TW2.
Thanks for the advice. Is a straight adapter better than a bent one ?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #49,085 of 62,776
Nov 29, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #49,086 of 62,776
PX8 in hand. Wow! Can't believe they got here so fast. Just opened. Gorgeous.
Awesome! Which one did you get? Pretty jealous right now. I ordered black and immediately second-guessed my decision but decided black is more practical. Mine literally shipped from CA five minutes ago as I was writing this so hopefully it makes it to the east coast this week (explains how yours arrived so quickly).

I told my wife to try my Px7 S2 to see if she liked them but she found them heavy and uncomfortable and preferred the fit of her QC35 IIs better (she uses for media consumption and not music) so I guess I will end up using both Px7 S2 and Px8.

Speaking of B&W, I thought someone had posted about a PI7 S2 a while back. Anyone hear anything recently? Reddit rumor mill seems to be all over the place (November 2022 to sometime in 2023). Would be nice if B&W throws in an EQ for their TWS. If the Px7 S2 and Px8 didn't have an EQ, I don't think I would have bought them. Lack of EQ was one of the reasons I sold my PI7 as well.

Nov 29, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #49,087 of 62,776
Awesome! Which one did you get? Pretty jealous right now. I ordered black and immediately second-guessed my decision but decided black is more practical. Mine literally shipped from CA five minutes ago as I was writing this so hopefully it makes it to the east coast this week (explains how yours arrived so quickly).

I told my wife to try my Px7 S2 to see if she liked them but she found them heavy and uncomfortable and preferred the fit of her QC35 IIs better (she uses for media consumption and not music) so I guess I will end up using both Px7 S2 and Px8.

Speaking of B&W, I thought someone had posted about a PI7 S2 a while back. Anyone hear anything recently? Reddit rumor mill seems to be all over the place (November 2022 to sometime in 2023). Would be nice if B&W throws in an EQ for their TWS. If the Px7 S2 and Px8 didn't have an EQ, I don't think I would have bought them. Lack of EQ was one of the reasons I sold my PI7 as well.
I've had my PX8 on for 4 hours straight, no issues with fit or discomfort. Hopefully that lasts! I went with black for sure. Matches all my gear. Yes, they ship here in CA, so I was lucky. I bet you get them before the end of the week. B&W is great with shipping. I flipped my PX7 S2s on eBay once the PX8 were announced. They held their value pretty well.

The PI7 S2 have been on the FCC website for a while now. I thought they'd come out before the holidays but guess not :frowning2: I'll def be buying them. https://fccid.io/2ACIX-PI7R/Label/Label-5982987

Nov 29, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #49,088 of 62,776
I've had my PX8 on for 4 hours straight, no issues with fit or discomfort. Hopefully that lasts! I went with black for sure. Matches all my gear. Yes, they ship here in CA, so I was lucky. I bet you get them before the end of the week. B&W is great with shipping. I flipped my PX7 S2s on eBay once the PX8 were announced. They held their value pretty well.

The PI7 S2 have been on the FCC website for a while now. I thought they'd come out before the holidays but guess not :frowning2: I'll def be buying them. https://fccid.io/2ACIX-PI7R/Label/Label-5982987
Thanks. Yes, that FCC website was what I was thinking of. Thought PI7 S2s would be out by now as well but can't complain about Px8s I guess. I plan on keeping both. One will be for commuting and use at the office and the other for home (I also use beadphones to sleep at night).

I actually only got an alert from FedEx (scheduled delivery for Friday) and no shipping email from B&W yet. B&W's website doesnt even show as shipped (still says "Confirmed"). My guess is their deal was pretty popular and they ate behind. I will need to be patient...been spoiled recently by Amazon and Best Buy and their free same day delivery.

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #49,089 of 62,776
I
The sound peats ldac should come to ali next week.
I ordered from Amazon US (Del by the 6th Dec) then cancelled a few hours later as I cannot get a seal on the older Mini Pro's.

I bought them at launch and tried them back then, then I threw them in a drawer, so I tried them that night I ordered the new ones, and I just cannot get any kind of seal with any of my own tips, so sound was poor ANC was poor, so was passive as if nothing in my ears.

Added to if you lie down with them, they start to play/pause/enter pairing mode/power off/on etc so not suitable for sleep.

The new LDAC ones did look like they had oval nozzles in one photo but probably just the angle and exactly the same as the older Mini Pro's

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #49,090 of 62,776
I don't think there's much to share because my Nura profile would be different than yours. I turn my immersion all the way up, then I EQ'd down the bass and tweaked a few other EQ sections. Tap settings are really up to you. I'm really liking the buds. Soundstage is really wide. Love it.
Really appreciate your sharing this.

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #49,091 of 62,776
I don't think there's much to share because my Nura profile would be different than yours. I turn my immersion all the way up, then I EQ'd down the bass and tweaked a few other EQ sections. Tap settings are really up to you. I'm really liking the buds. Soundstage is really wide. Love it.
I am using the large silicone tips. A bit difficult to seat right. Great sounding with AptX Adaptive codec on a Snapdragon Sound certified Moto cellphone streaming Tidal Master tracks.

Nov 30, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #49,092 of 62,776
I

I ordered from Amazon US (Del by the 6th Dec) then cancelled a few hours later as I cannot get a seal on the older Mini Pro's.

I bought them at launch and tried them back then, then I threw them in a drawer, so I tried them that night I ordered the new ones, and I just cannot get any kind of seal with any of my own tips, so sound was poor ANC was poor, so was passive as if nothing in my ears.

Added to if you lie down with them, they start to play/pause/enter pairing mode/power off/on etc so not suitable for sleep.

The new LDAC ones did look like they had oval nozzles in one photo but probably just the angle and exactly the same as the older Mini Pro's
Thanks. Not really read any good things about the sound quality, was just interested for ldac on the "cheap". Think I will skip them.

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #49,093 of 62,776
Hey there! Does anybody have any experience connecting their earbuds to a Garmin watch? I used to run all the time with my FIIL T1X with no issues until they broke recently (RIP, they were great). I just bought a pair of Space A40 to replace them and they work great with my phone and laptop, but whenever I try to use them with my watch, the playback issues are unbearable. I've tried changing from noise canceling to normal, from LDAC to AAC... nothing works. Any ideas before I try to return them? Because I otherwise love these.
Hola :D
You know, I know that my Garmin can do music, but I never bothered to check it out ... until now, your post motivated me :D
But first I had to get music onto it ... it says I need to use Garmin Express, so I get that updated (not used in years), have to dig up login credentials from my browser and then I find that the Garmin connects like an Android device to my Mac, so I could move files just like this ... from Garmin Express it seems to be a pain and ONLY offers music from my iTunes library, which I don't use ..
Anyways ,.. now to the frustrating / interesting part ... I quickly tried 2 TWS which I know by heart how to put in pairing mode: the Bose Earbuds 1 and the Sony XM4 ... and NEITHER was recognized by that dang watch AT ALL ...
I will try some more later and see what other issues this could be based on ... but that was rather frustrating ...

Since I always run with phone on me (and apple watch, which can als play music), i never needed my Garmin to be the music player ... but now I want to find out :D

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #49,094 of 62,776
Hola :D
You know, I know that my Garmin can do music, but I never bothered to check it out ... until now, your post motivated me :D
But first I had to get music onto it ... it says I need to use Garmin Express, so I get that updated (not used in years), have to dig up login credentials from my browser and then I find that the Garmin connects like an Android device to my Mac, so I could move files just like this ... from Garmin Express it seems to be a pain and ONLY offers music from my iTunes library, which I don't use ..
Thanks for taking the time to try it out. Mine has Spotify integration directly on the watch (Garmin Venu 2), so I don't really bother with Garmin Express.
Anyways ,.. now to the frustrating / interesting part ... I quickly tried 2 TWS which I know by heart how to put in pairing mode: the Bose Earbuds 1 and the Sony XM4 ... and NEITHER was recognized by that dang watch AT ALL ...
I will try some more later and see what other issues this could be based on ... but that was rather frustrating ...
Since I always run with phone on me (and apple watch, which can als play music), i never needed my Garmin to be the music player ... but now I want to find out :D
That's pretty strange that they wouldn't even connect. Maybe reboot the watch? I've been looking into the topic and there are plenty of threads talking about this on the Garmin forums. Nobody has found a satisfying solution, AFAIK.

Nov 30, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #49,095 of 62,776
Is anyone using aftermarket tips with the ATH-TWX9? I am having trouble getting a good seal. I was able to get a good enough seal to enjoy the music, but noise canceling is sub-par unless I press them in manually. Not even as good as the Galaxy bud 2.

I am tempted to try and return and go with the GB2Pro - as they just dropped the price again. But the Buds 2 are already slightly too large so they may not work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back