Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 28, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #49,021 of 62,672
They look huge, no LDAC..
I imagine the Jabra Elite 7 pro are much more tiny, with a very good sound quality and more than 10 hours playing time on one charge without anc..
^^ Also no LDAC so a moot point, as Jabra are also generally poor with Codecs and battery life and 10 hours is the most I have known (before it was 6-8 etc) and that will be AAC @ 50% Vol.

CD Rips will sound as good/better at aptX 320k then LDAC 330k, unless you need 660/990k for Hi-res files.

EDIT: I was not imagining it; Jabra Elite 7 pro are 8 hours battery.

If that was with ANC enabled, they would surely list that to look better if 10 hours.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #49,022 of 62,672
^^ Also no LDAC so a moot point, as Jabra are also generally poor with Codecs and battery life and 10 hours is the most I have known (before it was 6-8 etc) and that will be AAC @ 50% Vol.

CD Rips will sound as good/better at aptX 320k then LDAC 330k, unless you need 660/990k for Hi-res files.

EDIT: I was not imagining it; Jabra Elite 7 pro are 8 hours battery.

If that was with ANC enabled, they would surely list that to look better if 10 hours.

I use mine every night and it is more than 10 hours continuous playing music, I think at a little bit less than 50% vol (it's probably 11 to 12 hours without ANC, so it's over my max needs, as I never reached 30% or less battery left)..
I think ANC is useless for me with proper tips... I don't catch any difference even in my office.

They are clearly more comfortable than my Galaxy Buds2 pro and around 3 hours more playing time. Which means no need to charge in the day time and/or for evening + whole night in a sleeping room.
SSC codec of Samsung is rather convincing with 24 bits 48khz, but the Jabra Elite 7 pro in AAC mode is a very big step in SQ from Elite 75 or 85... and now it is not so far from the Buds2 pro though they have no Hires Codec.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #49,024 of 62,672
I use TWS earbuds every night .. most are far too thick to be comfortable when lying on the side, and, when they are not too thick, they have far too tiny battery playing time .(4.5 to 6 hours)...
I tried soooo many TWS for sleeping and while the 1more Comfobuds Z were ok for side sleeping, the battery lasted only 2.5h in the beginning and became less and less rather quickly

Then I realized that for sleeping, I am not too fuzzy about sound quality, since I listen mainly to binaural / meditation / sleep music ... and for that check amazon.fr for musicozy sleep headbands ... I got my first for as low as 10€ ... and I wear it every night now! Battery lasts over 12h, I don't feel anything when laying on the side ... just a thought, I wish I had tried those earlier, would have saved me some TWS money

Nov 28, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #49,025 of 62,672
I am thinking of getting the Fokus Pro.

I think the EX has spectacular detail, separation, depth and soundstage, so for those who have heard both the EX and Fokus Pro, is the Fokus Pro at least as good as the EX, especially in depth/soundstage?

And I know this is apples to oranges, but would you compare the Fokus Pro to the sound, detail, treble and soundstage of the HD800s, or to the (to my ears, veiled) HD650? My old ears don't hear as well as they used to and they appreciate the treble being a bit forward.

@erockg, any thoughts on this? TIA

Nov 28, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #49,026 of 62,672
I hope that Q45 issue doesn't bother me!

The signature of A40 is definitely different than the S. For the most part I actually prefer the mids of the S more especially for Jazz. I might see if I can tweak the A40 to have that lush sound.

I listed to the DHRME review where they play 4 song samples on the XM5 and the Q45 and was torn. The Q45 sounded very similar to the A40 in the midrange and treble with more bass. So I preferred the first song sample that was mostly female vocals more on the XM5 but almost everything else I preferred the Q45 over the XM5.

Without HearID I will be tweaking the EQ manually more, so again may see if I can find a way to give the vocals some lush sound.

If they can handle some wind, they might become my earmuffs for the winter... :)
Last non TWS post...

I received my Q45 yesterday and so far I have not been able to produce the weird issue FYILegend experienced. This may be my old ears unable to hear it though... The closest I came to that is a weird effect when I closed the door on my car wearing these. I have had similar issues with air pressure with some other over ear headphones including Sony in the past though, so while annoying I tend to think of it as a potential side effect of ANC with over ear cans.

I am really liking this headphone! It has really good detail and sound quality, punching way above it's price point. It is a bit on the big side but not egregiously so and it packs a heck of a lot of features. I wish it had HearID like it's TWS siblings but have found a really good custom EQ I am liking, so not to worried about the lack of the feature.

I am hoping these will be my new Multi-point device for music and teams while working. So far MP is working perfect, and I am thinking I won't have to worry about these dying in the middle of a meeting (50+ hour battery life...) as compared to the issues I have had using TWS for this purpose in the past couple of months.

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #49,027 of 62,672
Sadly it looks like there's a delay with getting A40 from Ontario to BC! Mine isn't arriving until next Friday, so much for Prime and being fulfilled by Amazon!

A friend of mine bought an A40 at Best Buy but it turned out to be a dud - he said one of the earbuds completely cuts off when wearing them properly but not when pressing them against the ear.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #49,028 of 62,672
Just wanted to say thanks to thev guys that recommended the sound core liberty 3 pro.

Received them today and took a quick listen to make sure they sounded ok.

They sound great, better than my Sony xfm3.

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #49,029 of 62,672
I use mine every night and it is more than 10 hours continuous playing music, I think at a little bit less than 50% vol (it's probably 11 to 12 hours without ANC, so it's over my max needs, as I never reached 30% or less battery left)..
I think ANC is useless for me with proper tips... I don't catch any difference even in my office.

They are clearly more comfortable than my Galaxy Buds2 pro and around 3 hours more playing time. Which means no need to charge in the day time and/or for evening + whole night in a sleeping room.
SSC codec of Samsung is rather convincing with 24 bits 48khz, but the Jabra Elite 7 pro in AAC mode is a very big step in SQ from Elite 75 or 85... and now it is not so far from the Buds2 pro though they have no Hires Codec.
Tried the Elite 7 pro once before and liked them overall before I returned them. Reason- channel imbalance where one earbud was draining much faster and dying much quicker compared to the other. Any issues with yours?

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #49,030 of 62,672
I tried soooo many TWS for sleeping and while the 1more Comfobuds Z were ok for side sleeping, the battery lasted only 2.5h in the beginning and became less and less rather quickly

Then I realized that for sleeping, I am not too fuzzy about sound quality, since I listen mainly to binaural / meditation / sleep music ... and for that check amazon.fr for musicozy sleep headbands ... I got my first for as low as 10€ ... and I wear it every night now! Battery lasts over 12h, I don't feel anything when laying on the side ... just a thought, I wish I had tried those earlier, would have saved me some TWS money
That's exactly what I use and always what I recommend, life changing it isn't it?!

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #49,031 of 62,672
Last non TWS post...

I received my Q45 yesterday and so far I have not been able to produce the weird issue FYILegend experienced. This may be my old ears unable to hear it though... The closest I came to that is a weird effect when I closed the door on my car wearing these. I have had similar issues with air pressure with some other over ear headphones including Sony in the past though, so while annoying I tend to think of it as a potential side effect of ANC with over ear cans.

I am really liking this headphone! It has really good detail and sound quality, punching way above it's price point. It is a bit on the big side but not egregiously so and it packs a heck of a lot of features. I wish it had HearID like it's TWS siblings but have found a really good custom EQ I am liking, so not to worried about the lack of the feature.

I am hoping these will be my new Multi-point device for music and teams while working. So far MP is working perfect, and I am thinking I won't have to worry about these dying in the middle of a meeting (50+ hour battery life...) as compared to the issues I have had using TWS for this purpose in the past couple of months.

Have you used any of their other headphone like the Q30 and Q35?

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #49,032 of 62,672
Other than test listening to models in Best Buy I have not. The ones I listened to at BB always seemed way to bass heavy, so I wasn't willing to try them because they didn't seem up to what I wanted out of a headphone.

I have no way of saying if the Q45 is better in this regard because I have not used those other models with BT on my phone. But unless the demo stations are complete and utter garbage (which is a possibility) the Q45 compared to what I heard in store is definitely higher quality to my ears. Assuming what I like is higher quality... LOL

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #49,033 of 62,672
@erockg, any thoughts on this? TIA
Fokus definitely have the edge over the EX for sound. Three drivers to one dynamic. I have the EX and believe it or not, repurchased the Fokus because I love their sound so much. Incredibly powerful and detailed buds imo. I don't have any experience with the HD models you refer to. As you know, so hard to compare a TWS to cans. Typing this while I'm trying to decide if I should get the B&W PX8 or the M&D MW75!!! Ugh.

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #49,034 of 62,672

Do the Jabra 7 pro support aptx? Wonder how they compare to the Sennheiser mtw3, which I have had my eye on for a while but not pulled the trigger. I don't mind playing the waiting game tbh for ces in January to see what is announced

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #49,035 of 62,672
Do the Jabra 7 pro support aptx? Wonder how they compare to the Sennheiser mtw3, which I have had my eye on for a while but not pulled the trigger. I don't mind playing the waiting game tbh for ces in January to see what is announced

some measurements from rtings .... no aptx, but somewhere the Elite 7 pro is among the best sound quality available for music with their measurements.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/t...ireless-3/28113/32189?usage=19&threshold=0.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back