Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #39,841 of 62,385
AZ60 are Def nice and it's awesome to see someone really enjoying something here... It's mostly just a bunch of tales of let downs... Lol. I decided to take the AZ60 back for minor issues but I did really enjoy them. Pretty cool man
Same here. Too much sibilance for my liking. Thought I could EQ it out and it just never left. Moved on and grabbed a pair of those sale AKG N400s and continued my obsession with B&O. Couldn't be happier right now. Although, the FoKus Pro are haunting me and my wallet at night.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #39,843 of 62,385
Any noticeable differences post update?
RE: The B&O EQs - Adjustable ANC, Transparency for both music and calls works great. Still have that pop on some tracks but only when ANC is on, so I still bet the ANC mic is picking up vibration. This doesn't happen on the E8 Sports I just picked up on Black Friday weekend.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #39,844 of 62,385
Same here. Too much sibilance for my liking. Thought I could EQ it out and it just never left. Moved on and grabbed a pair of those sale AKG N400s and continued my obsession with B&O. Couldn't be happier right now. Although, the FoKus Pro are haunting me and my wallet at night.
Dude... You and me both with the Focus. I am so ready to pull the trigger. Crinacle really loved the N400s. I imagine they must be a pretty decent step up from the galaxy buds plus. Kind of follow the same tuning maybe? Harmanish. They were almost unheard of for quite some time and were stuck at 200 bucks for awhile. I bet they are really nice. As far as the AZ60... The sibilance was too much for me as well, once I heard it I couldn't un-hear it and for 240 bucks.... I don't want to say anything bad about them as they really are a good set of earbuds and do alot of things really great. There were a couple other things that didn't mesh with my Library that well so.... Took em back and got the Nuratrue and damn... These earbuds are fantastic to me. I'm always looking though... Lol. Either Falcon Pro or Focus is next.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #39,845 of 62,385
Dude... You and me both with the Focus. I am so ready to pull the trigger. Crinacle really loved the N400s. I imagine they must be a pretty decent step up from the galaxy buds plus. Kind of follow the same tuning maybe? Harmanish. They were almost unheard of for quite some time and were stuck at 200 bucks for awhile. I bet they are really nice. As far as the AZ60... The sibilance was too much for me as well, once I heard it I couldn't un-hear it and for 240 bucks.... I don't want to say anything bad about them as they really are a good set of earbuds and do alot of things really great. There were a couple other things that didn't mesh with my Library that well so.... Took em back and got the Nuratrue and damn... These earbuds are fantastic to me. I'm always looking though... Lol. Either Falcon Pro or Focus is next.
For that price, totally grab the AKG (if they're still $69). Def Harman curvy. I'm really digging them. Better than the AZ60s IMO, but I truly love sub-bass in my hard rock/metal. If my head shakes from the inside, I'm good. I truly wanted to love the AZs. For the price, those Nuratrue are great. I thought they felt kind of cheap, but the sound... good stuff. I had the Falcon's which fit like the Lypertek Z7. Similar but Falcons sounded better to me. Both fit odd for my ears after a while. Spent a lot of time adjusting them. The FoKus look to have more of an IEM fit like a Moondrop IEM. Can't fine any reviews to confirm this but I have a feeling one of us all will take the plunge soon!

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #39,846 of 62,385
Adjustable ANC, Transparency for both music and calls works great. Still have that pop on some tracks but only when ANC is on, so I still bet the ANC mic is picking up vibration. This doesn't happen on the E8 Sports I just picked up on Black Friday weekend.
You got the e8 sport, we talked about that... Man I shouldn't have let that slide by... Stupid me. Hey so when you are listening to music do you have your phone out most of the time for skipping tracks and such. I was just curious because of the odd touch controls of the B&O EQ. I'm wondering if it will actually bother me that much. I guess if I'm just chilling and listening to music I have my phone in hand anyways. The only time I'd really need skipping tracks is like for cutting grass but I would never use a 400 dollar pair for that purpose....

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #39,847 of 62,385
For that price, totally grab the AKG (if they're still $69). Def Harman curvy. I'm really digging them. Better than the AZ60s IMO, but I truly love sub-bass in my hard rock/metal. If my head shakes from the inside, I'm good. I truly wanted to love the AZs. For the price, those Nuratrue are great. I thought they felt kind of cheap, but the sound... good stuff. I had the Falcon's which fit like the Lypertek Z7. Similar but Falcons sounded better to me. Both fit odd for my ears after a while. Spent a lot of time adjusting them. The FoKus look to have more of an IEM fit like a Moondrop IEM. Can't fine any reviews to confirm this but I have a feeling one of us all will take the plunge soon!
I completely agree about the odd fit of the Z7. Actually they fit me nice but they stick out so damn far man and the button controls are difficult. SQ is great but little things hold them back. I am mostly after the fokus honestly. As far as music, I couldn't agree more about the Bass of the AZ60, it wasn't bad at all but for my music I need that guteral deep bass as well at times and it just didn't get there. That is a must for me.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #39,848 of 62,385
You got the e8 sport, we talked about that... Man I shouldn't have let that slide by... Stupid me. Hey so when you are listening to music do you have your phone out most of the time for skipping tracks and such. I was just curious because of the odd touch controls of the B&O EQ. I'm wondering if it will actually bother me that much. I guess if I'm just chilling and listening to music I have my phone in hand anyways. The only time I'd really need skipping tracks is like for cutting grass but I would never use a 400 dollar pair for that purpose....
I'm sure those E8 Sports will go on sale again. Monitor Amazon/BB. I usually have my phone nearby, but I'm not a huge track skipper. I put on some ePro tips on the EQ and use them for hours. The last time I purchased them I bought them off Amazon and added an Asurion warranty to be safe. B&O is notoriously slow for warranty claims, but they do come through. Last time I had issues with an electronic, I just filed a claim with Asurion, they shot me a UPS return label and when UPS scanned it, they reimbursed me for the full price of the gear via an Amazon gc. Sort of like what Best Buy does on headphones with Geek Squad Warranties. I don't have much grass here in LA to cut, usually use my B&O while WFH, walks or while waiting for my threenager to fall asleep. Nothing that I'd truly need track skipping for. The case is gorgeous and they really did a great job on this incarnation.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #39,849 of 62,385
I completely agree about the odd fit of the Z7. Actually they fit me nice but they stick out so damn far man and the button controls are difficult. SQ is great but little things hold them back. I am mostly after the fokus honestly. As far as music, I couldn't agree more about the Bass of the AZ60, it wasn't bad at all but for my music I need that guteral deep bass as well at times and it just didn't get there. That is a must for me.
Totally agree with you about the AZ60s. The Falcons have tap controls, they were definitely easier to control. I know the FoKus lacks a lot of what the Falcon has but they supposedly tweaked for sound quality. Who knows! It's Hanukkah/Christmas holiday combo here so maybe I'll link the wife. Can't find many reviews online about them yet. Listening to some of the new BLS right now and Zakk Wylde shreds on the lead track - Heaven on the EQs. :L3000:

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #39,850 of 62,385
Totally agree with you about the AZ60s. The Falcons have tap controls, they were definitely easier to control. I know the FoKus lacks a lot of what the Falcon has but they supposedly tweaked for sound quality. Who knows! It's Hanukkah/Christmas holiday combo here so maybe I'll link the wife. Can't find many reviews online about them yet. Listening to some of the new BLS right now and Zakk Wylde shreds on the lead track - Heaven on the EQs. :L3000:
That last sentence man... Your Killin me. I've heard a few reviews describe the EQ as the best SQ out there right now and so many people can't be wrong. I'm just going to actually practice some patience on this next purchase.. Ha. Keep my eyes peeled for sure

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #39,851 of 62,385
Has anyone noticed differences in sound going for LDAC best effort to highest bitrate? I can't hear a difference and am thinking I might just use the best effort setting to ensure better connectivity. Maybe my old man ears aren't golden enough to detect the nuances...

I read an article that talked about the different ldac speeds. Using the lowest bit rate setting of 330 it is in fact in some ways inferior to aptx. However at the 660 setting which is the middle setting it is providing approximately CD quality. And at the highest setting it is giving near full high res but not quite as good as wired. My plan is when at home on Wi-Fi I will use the highest setting. Only if I notice some stuttering or breakups will I consider moving down to a different setting.

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #39,852 of 62,385
Check out @musicphotolife review, he has an EQ picture of what he uses. I don't think it's 100% accurate to the AZ70 but it's closer for sure.

Without looking at his settings I stumbled upon the same settings for the upper three bands of the equalizer but for the bass bands I actually have them in reverse going above the neutral range as I like a little more punch in my bass.

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #39,853 of 62,385
Honeymoons are nice. Until you get to know them.
There will always be something better that comes out.
However, these really hot the sweet spot in terms of price sound functionality and fit.

Any sonic improvements will require newer codecs that are higher bandwidth and better battery technology. Right now the limitation of TWS is cramming so much into a small housing whereas an item of similar size needs no electronics.

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #39,855 of 62,385
Has anyone noticed differences in sound going for LDAC best effort to highest bitrate? I can't hear a difference and am thinking I might just use the best effort setting to ensure better connectivity. Maybe my old man ears aren't golden enough to detect the nuances...
You really won't unless the source material needs it. I don't think 990 (aka highest bitrate) is even utilized unless I put on 24/96 material. Most Redbook stuff seems to fit well within the 660kbps bandwidth.

Won't hurt to leave it at Highest Bitrate though, as I'm pretty sure it's still adaptive and scalable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back