Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 2, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #39,826 of 62,380
I am thinking I will leave the tips alone. That foam is not bothering me one bit and removing it might make these a bit to hot sounding in the treble.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #39,827 of 62,380
AZ60 in the house!!!! Damn I wish I saved my money buying the Elite 3 yesterday. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but these are definitely going to be my go to TWS. Ah well at least I got to finally hear a pair of Jabra. Nice little TWS for anyone on a tight budget.

But these AZ60 are in another level audio wise and a tad bit more comfy I think too. ANC is slightly better than the AZ70 I think as well and I really like their new tips...

If I didn't know any better I would think Technics paid attention to what people said about the AZ70...

The bass is definitely bigger and might need to be tamed down just a smidge but first blush was awesome!
I actually raised the bass a bit to add some fullness to the sound. I use Samsung phone that does a hearing test and already adjust the sound for my aging ears so that it raises frequencies volume I do t hear as well like Hear ID on soundcore. As such these have plenty of highs for me with that setting.
Amazing at the tight detailed bass and treble detail.
LDAC is impressive too. It just opens sound up a bit like letting a good wine breathe.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #39,828 of 62,380
OK, I know I am posting during the honeymoon phase, so take that into account reading my posts but Holy Crap these sound good!!!! I tried @musicphotolife EQ and it does not make these the same as the AZ70 but close in regards to signature. I ended up tweaking that EQ a bit giving a bit more low end as I wanted more low end and edged the upper registers up a bit when I switch off the EQ the change is not massive but I do hear and appreciate the difference. But if I had no EQ I could live with the stock signature comfortably.

Went from Patricia Barber to Queen for a few songs, then switched over to Pink Floyd, back to Jazz with Mile Davis (Concierto de Aranjuez) and finished with Nellie McKay (Zombie) which has great 3D imaging and is a good song to see if a headphone can do 3D imaging and these sound amazing with every one of those genre's. As I am typing below started to listen to the sound track for Interstellar and OH MY the bass is sublime when called for in the song...

The bass is simply awesome, its big and expansive with excellent detail and timbre, not one note like so many headphones. The midrange is super clean and detailed giving singers like Patricia Barber their sense of emotion, treble is spot on for me reproducing cymbals with clarity and nice sparkle without sounding harsh.

Are these the best TWS out there? Probably not, but for my ears they have EVERYTHING I want sonically speaking and at $200 CAD I don't think there is anything at this price point that is going to touch these.

I am going to be happily selling off all my other TWS and possibly some of my over ear headphones, these are simply going to make them unnecessary...

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #39,829 of 62,380
OK, I know I am posting during the honeymoon phase, so take that into account reading my posts but Holy Crap these sound good!!!! I tried @musicphotolife EQ and it does not make these the same as the AZ70 but close in regards to signature. I ended up tweaking that EQ a bit giving a bit more low end as I wanted more low end and edged the upper registers up a bit when I switch off the EQ the change is not massive but I do hear and appreciate the difference. But if I had no EQ I could live with the stock signature comfortably.

Went from Patricia Barber to Queen for a few songs, then switched over to Pink Floyd, back to Jazz with Mile Davis (Concierto de Aranjuez) and finished with Nellie McKay (Zombie) which has great 3D imaging and is a good song to see if a headphone can do 3D imaging and these sound amazing with every one of those genre's. As I am typing below started to listen to the sound track for Interstellar and OH MY the bass is sublime when called for in the song...

The bass is simply awesome, its big and expansive with excellent detail and timbre, not one note like so many headphones. The midrange is super clean and detailed giving singers like Patricia Barber their sense of emotion, treble is spot on for me reproducing cymbals with clarity and nice sparkle without sounding harsh.

Are these the best TWS out there? Probably not, but for my ears they have EVERYTHING I want sonically speaking and at $200 CAD I don't think there is anything at this price point that is going to touch these.

I am going to be happily selling off all my other TWS and possibly some of my over ear headphones, these are simply going to make them unnecessary...
Knew you would love em!
We are coming from different ends of sonic preferences but these seem to be a perfect middle.
The spaciousness and detail of the sound especially with LDAC is amazing and rivals my Moondrop Aria.
Yet it preserves enough bass to satisfy me and it is a great bass! Not muddy or flabby. It doesn't mask any other parts of the sound. It extends deep but with resolution and is taut.

Even after a few hours I find the sound has gotten better. Not a burn in per se but may e the driver's just need to go for a bit.

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #39,830 of 62,380
Knew you would love em!
We are coming from different ends of sonic preferences but these seem to be a perfect middle.
The spaciousness and detail of the sound especially with LDAC is amazing and rivals my Moondrop Aria.
Yet it preserves enough bass to satisfy me and it is a great bass! Not muddy or flabby. It doesn't mask any other parts of the sound. It extends deep but with resolution and is taut.

Even after a few hours I find the sound has gotten better. Not a burn in per se but may e the driver's just need to go for a bit.
You were soooooooo correct! :xf_cool:

The bass really is special, its versatile enough you can scale it back if to much and as you mentioned it GREAT BASS not just big bass. Listening to Interstellar sent shivers down my spine at points due to the bass. It actually rivals the Sony XBA-Z5 in this regard (from memory as my pair had a failure in the MMCX connector so is now a $700 pile of rubble...).

I love the fact it doesn't mask over the other parts of the sound spectrum. I get all that bass when I want it but still can hear everything else with clarity.

This is the first TWS and head/earphone in quite a while that has wowed me and allowed me to get lost in the music. It is the first LDAC implementation I have been actually impressed with. I think it was @Ceeluh7 who mentioned that LDAC has been a swing and a miss with TWS. I actually think its been a swing and a miss with all BT at points, but the AZ60 may be the exception to the rule...

I haven't tried them out and about to much yet but my one quick 20 minute walk was pretty good (reduced the ANC a bit and that seemed to help with wind) but have not had enough wind to say for sure. Also have not had enough phone calls yet to say how good the MIC is and have not had a chance to test their multi-point capability.

Letting them recharge (never really let them charge out of the box) and will then do some more serious LDAC testing as most of the day I just used them in AAC and was satisfied.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #39,831 of 62,380
Has anyone noticed differences in sound going for LDAC best effort to highest bitrate? I can't hear a difference and am thinking I might just use the best effort setting to ensure better connectivity. Maybe my old man ears aren't golden enough to detect the nuances...

Just tried Arvo Part Symphony No 3 and really like the kettle drums as well as brass section in the song, nice impact in the drums and brass sounded very nice. It kicked from that song to a choral piece with a big organ and bells and it sounded sublime because I could feel the organ.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #39,833 of 62,380
Anyone mind sharing their AZ60 EQ settings? Especially if using stock tips and EQing to sound similar to the AZ70.
Check out @musicphotolife review, he has an EQ picture of what he uses. I don't think it's 100% accurate to the AZ70 but it's closer for sure.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #39,834 of 62,380
I'm slowly coming to terms with this, but where's the limitation? Is it because the L/R are always slightly out of phase due to dual DAC? I'm not listening to lossless audio either, just spotify premium on highest preset, while at move.

Re: AZ70, aren't they using the same dynamic driver as the Panasonic RZ-S500WE I currently own? I was actually thinking whether I should look for balanced armature TWSs, but from my research, these are mostly unknown brands from China.

In any case, thank you very much for your comments. I'll try to find somewhere I can listen to the AZ60 or AZ70
Now that I have both I thought I would give a comparison. The AZ70 is definitely more like the Etymotic sound than the AZ60. So if you want a much more balanced bass the AZ70 is definitely the route to go.

Having said that, the AZ60 has bigger but articulate bass that's definitely not one noted and it can be toned down in the app so might be worth trying if you can demo them both.

If your an Android user, LDAC definitely adds to the musicality of the headphone. Having said that I have also been testing AAC because I want to use these with my PC simultaneously during the day for Teams meeting and am happy with how these sound on a less than optimal AAC source in my Samsung S20.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #39,835 of 62,380
Dec 2, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #39,836 of 62,380
Has anyone noticed differences in sound going for LDAC best effort to highest bitrate? I can't hear a difference and am thinking I might just use the best effort setting to ensure better connectivity. Maybe my old man ears aren't golden enough to detect the nuances...

Just tried Arvo Part Symphony No 3 and really like the kettle drums as well as brass section in the song, nice impact in the drums and brass sounded very nice. It kicked from that song to a choral piece with a big organ and bells and it sounded sublime because I could feel the organ.
I can't really tell a difference. Ldac in itself helps open things up a bit it seems but going from a "best effort" to "audio focused" is not much of a difference unless you are streaming and even then it is hard to tell, at least for me. I play music in my library for the most part and it normally keeps the highest bitrate on best effort.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #39,837 of 62,380
Now that I have both I thought I would give a comparison. The AZ70 is definitely more like the Etymotic sound than the AZ60. So if you want a much more balanced bass the AZ70 is definitely the route to go.

Having said that, the AZ60 has bigger but articulate bass that's definitely not one noted and it can be toned down in the app so might be worth trying if you can demo them both.

If your an Android user, LDAC definitely adds to the musicality of the headphone. Having said that I have also been testing AAC because I want to use these with my PC simultaneously during the day for Teams meeting and am happy with how these sound on a less than optimal AAC source in my Samsung S20.
AZ60 are Def nice and it's awesome to see someone really enjoying something here... It's mostly just a bunch of tales of let downs... Lol. I decided to take the AZ60 back for minor issues but I did really enjoy them. Pretty cool man

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #39,838 of 62,380
I can't really tell a difference. Ldac in itself helps open things up a bit it seems but going from a "best effort" to "audio focused" is not much of a difference unless you are streaming and even then it is hard to tell, at least for me. I play music in my library for the most part and it normally keeps the highest bitrate on best effort.
That night explain things alot. I am only using my own FLAC files, no streaming of any kind.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #39,840 of 62,380
Honeymoons are nice. Until you get to know them.
I know, I know!, at first it's all, oh what a beautiful melodic voice... Then it becomes, why are you shouting at me all the time!!! LMAO

Will see how I feel in a few days. But so far very happy. I don't think I will be pulling out the foam in the tips though, I have a feeling that would not work well for me. Might try some Sony Hybrid tips though, easy enough test and I think they will fit OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back