Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 1, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #39,811 of 62,691
Hahaha it was an impulse purchase.
They were on sale locally for a great price plus cash back so it was a no brainer.
I enjoy them in the evenings when I kick back and chill. Yeah, not the best for details but good enough especially because they sound very natural.
The eq sucks though. It’s just not responsive enough IMO.
For around-home listening, the Mobius on its Music preset is absolutely fantastic, but I'm afraid that doesn't really qualify as a TWS product. First guy to market to figure out a properly-tuned planar TWS could be sitting on a gold mine.

So next best thing is the FITS. Similar to the Senns, they manage to keep the stage pushed far enough back that it doesn't seem claustrophobic. It's still very much immersive, but not suffocating and I really appreciate that. Hardest part is figuring out how to get the tips back in for a consistently good fit; takes some serious practice.

But impulse purchases are always good. I have an offer from EarFun to take their new units out for a test-drive. Might take them up on the offer and just keep my expectations low. The 1st-gen EFP were great for their price, so I would expect more of the same with the 2nd gen. If only they had a dang app, though...

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #39,812 of 62,691
Well the urge to try something new while I impatiently wait for the AZ60 to arrive overwhelmed me. I was going to try the 75T but the store was sold out so I grabbed the Elite 3 for $79Cad and am scratching the Jabra itch since I have never tried them yet.

Have to say these sound pretty damn good and they are super comfy. Will have to do an A/B to the Sony WF-C500 but first blush I think the Jabra are going to win. Listening to some older Springsteen and they sound pretty damn good with that type of rock...

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #39,813 of 62,691
I am glad I went with the Elite 3. All the other extra features of the 75T will exist in the AZ60 and the Elite 3 is supposed to be less bassy than the 75T and these are at my jumping off point for bass. I can see why the Jabra have been popular. They offer a pretty darn good sound.

I was concerned I might hear the hiss some people complain about but so far they have been good. So either my old man ears can't hear the hiss or my pair doesn't have it.

The buttons are a bit easier to push than the WF-C500 and these are more comfy. Can't remember who suggested I might prefer these over the Sony's (TommyC??) But who ever said that is correct.

Unless you strongly prefer the lusher sound of Sony these have nicer vocals in my opinion and with the hear through mode have one very nice to have feature over the Sony. It is a bit weak though, so don't expect much from it.

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #39,814 of 62,691
Just sharing: during 11.11 sale I managed to get the Soundpeats H1 for a measly 39$ and they arrived yesterday.
I am very impressed! They sound way above that price tag. Comfortable fit, volume control on buds. Very nice!

And always on the hunt for something new. Anyone got the Nuarl N10 pro? They are kinda smiling at me for 11798¥ on ‘sale’ …

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #39,815 of 62,691
The MT and my phone may be mortal enemies, but they play just fine with the SR25's slightly older (but still aptX-capable) silicon. I can't say there's any sonic benefit to this since the SR25 is only a transport at this point, but the connection is solid and it's got swaths of power and headroom available.

If your only issues were somehow related to having a TWS+ capable phone/device, I'd suggest giving this a try as a means of breathing some life into the pair. Definitely helped me out.

IMG_20211201_192458__01.jpg

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #39,816 of 62,691
Hey all, i hope you can give me a bit of a purchasing advice.

I would like to buy a new pair of true wireless NON in-ear earbuds.
I currently own the sabbat X12 pro, which i find very convenient to keep on my bedside table and fall asleep to. Their battery does not drain if they are still connected but nothing is playing.

Unfortunately their microphone sucks so it's impossible to use them during the day to answer calls when i listen to music but i am interrupted by a call.

What are sub 50$ earbuds i should look into? It would be nice if i could use either the left or right independently, as these older X12 pro have the left one as a master and the right one as a slave

I haven't tried the Vooplay (x12 successor) but @chinmie has it.

If you can find them on sale and stretch your budget another $10-20, the Samsung Buds Live are pretty nice.

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #39,817 of 62,691
On my rog phone 5 (using WF-1000XM4 LDAC, set to 990kbps) the Bluetooth signal becomes intermittent as soon I switched on the wifi on my phone, but doesn't slow the wifi connection. It happens when I'm using location service on my phone as well.
Interesting, that seems to be the opposite behaviour of Samsung Scalable which is altering the bitrate and I have no control over what it prioritizes. Samsung claims that the bitrate alteration should not be noticeable or lead to chopping, which is far from my experience using the Buds2.

Also while you have BT5.2 on your phone, I wonder if the earbuds being BT5.0 is a bottle neck and whether having both devices as BT5.2 would help much.

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #39,818 of 62,691
Another listening session with the AZ60. Then with and without LDAC at highest quality.

Bass is not as sound as my Huawei or Liberty 2 pro but it goes deep and is tight with great texture.
There is nice separation and detail. With a bit of eqing in the app I can get the silky female vocals from the AZ70 but with writer sound stage and better low end.
Surprisingly 2 hours listening on LDAC at 60-65% volume and only used about a third of the buds battery. That would suggest up to 6 hours playback time which would be impressive.
Haven't tried different to sizes which I usually need but these seen pretty good. Will experiment going with different ones in terms of comfort and sound change. They are very secure and think they will be perfect for workouts whereas the AZ70 failed and would fall out all the time.

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #39,820 of 62,691
Hey all, i hope you can give me a bit of a purchasing advice.

I would like to buy a new pair of true wireless NON in-ear earbuds.
I currently own the sabbat X12 pro, which i find very convenient to keep on my bedside table and fall asleep to. Their battery does not drain if they are still connected but nothing is playing.

Unfortunately their microphone sucks so it's impossible to use them during the day to answer calls when i listen to music but i am interrupted by a call.

What are sub 50$ earbuds i should look into? It would be nice if i could use either the left or right independently, as these older X12 pro have the left one as a master and the right one as a slave

If you can find them on sale and stretch your budget another $10-20, the Samsung Buds Live are pretty nice.

I agree with assassin10000 here, the Vooplay is good, but if you're looking for a good TWS for phone calls, the Buds Live is hard to beat

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #39,821 of 62,691

I concur with this approach. Aside from the GBL, not sure what else is going to be available anywhere near that price bracket that doesn't try to form some sort of seal.

Found a good deal on a renewed set, @mag8

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H81FSVL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_THZ5FCQCD639CJE2DRDF

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #39,822 of 62,691
Interesting, that seems to be the opposite behaviour of Samsung Scalable which is altering the bitrate and I have no control over what it prioritizes. Samsung claims that the bitrate alteration should not be noticeable or lead to chopping, which is far from my experience using the Buds2.

Also while you have BT5.2 on your phone, I wonder if the earbuds being BT5.0 is a bottle neck and whether having both devices as BT5.2 would help much.

I still have my Aviot TE-D01G (having one of the best timbre, even against the XM4 especially on the upper frequencies) which have BT5.0 and it sounds great out of my rog phone 5, the buds connects to the phone via Aptx TWS+. I prefer to use all my buds with my rog phone, cause it's got Aptx and LDAC vs ACC on my iPhone 11, I know that Apple have better implementation on AAC but still Aptx steals the cake in terms of sound quality at least to my ears.

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #39,823 of 62,691
AZ60 in the house!!!! Damn I wish I saved my money buying the Elite 3 yesterday. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but these are definitely going to be my go to TWS. Ah well at least I got to finally hear a pair of Jabra. Nice little TWS for anyone on a tight budget.

But these AZ60 are in another level audio wise and a tad bit more comfy I think too. ANC is slightly better than the AZ70 I think as well and I really like their new tips...

If I didn't know any better I would think Technics paid attention to what people said about the AZ70...

The bass is definitely bigger and might need to be tamed down just a smidge but first blush was awesome!

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #39,824 of 62,691
AZ60 in the house!!!! Damn I wish I saved my money buying the Elite 3 yesterday. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but these are definitely going to be my go to TWS. Ah well at least I got to finally hear a pair of Jabra. Nice little TWS for anyone on a tight budget.

But these AZ60 are in another level audio wise and a tad bit more comfy I think too. ANC is slightly better than the AZ70 I think as well and I really like their new tips...

If I didn't know any better I would think Technics paid attention to what people said about the AZ70...

The bass is definitely bigger and might need to be tamed down just a smidge but first blush was awesome!
It a great set man. I agree 100% about the tips. Nice and tacky rubber that is firm enough while still sealing really well. You may want to remove the foam inserted in the tips, or not. I'm glad you like em, Technics did a good job on this set.

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #39,825 of 62,691
Just did an AB test of Patricia Barber Smash using FLAC file going between AAC and LDAC at highest but rate.

LDAC definitely sounds better with a bit of extra dynamics, added detail, space. But I may end up living with AAC during the day for multipoint connectivity between PC and phone for Teams. The sound difference is present but most of the time I won't have the time to focus and truly notice the difference.

I may just be at the end of my search for a TWS that gives me what I want...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back