Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 25, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #3,361 of 62,476
I've just sold my Pamu Scroll because the treble is so abrasive. my families came to my house yesterday and my niece showed her new Sabbat that she ordered after auditioning my unit a week ago. surprise surprise, her version is different, now it has USB C and battery indicator on the case, and different charging pin and LED position on the earpiece.

so i immediately ordered another sabbat and also the mifo 05 standard version just for the heck of it

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #3,363 of 62,476
None on my pair. Have you tried different sized tips. My ears are slightly different in size and I have to use large on one side and medium on the other.

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #3,364 of 62,476
Has anyone had balance issue with the MTWs? Just got mine and it seems the audio is skewed to the right... Wondering if it's a fit issue or defective unit. Really frustrating cuz I switched to these from the 65ts because of their balance issue.

Not skewed on the same side are they ? I'm asking because it seems my own hearing is maybe a tad weaker on the right and I think I need to factor that when listening with headphones now :wink:

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #3,365 of 62,476
Not skewed on the same side are they ? I'm asking because it seems my own hearing is maybe a tad weaker on the right and I think I need to factor that when listening with headphones now :wink:
Good point... a friend had the same “issue” which turned out to be a wax plug on one side...
Wouldn’t hurt to have ones ears checked to rule out that the plug is causing the imbalance...

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,366 of 62,476
Thanks everyone, all very good points. I have tested two other sets of IEMs I own and they are balanced, I also tried out two different sets of the MTWs before buying them and those demos also sounded completely fine, so I am reasonably convinced that it is slight defect. It is strange that nobody else had the same issue but alas I guess that is just my luck (perhaps Santa doesn't like me). Reached out to Sennheiser about it, hopefully warranty process is smooth or better yet the earbuds fix themselves with some use.

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #3,367 of 62,476
Could also be a fit issue, if the stem tube is squished a bit more on one side as the other side due to fit issues and size difference it may have a different sound causing imbalance.
Try with various tips and if the problem persist return the faulty ones for a replacement.

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #3,371 of 62,476
Dec 26, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #3,373 of 62,476
I’ll be returning the Jabra elite active 65t and waiting till better twes are released in 2019. Too many compromises. The sound stage of the jabras is dead compared to the senns and mw07, I’ve been ruined.

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #3,374 of 62,476
Actually the 65Ts are probably the current TWEs with the fewest compromises, there's only one really, they don't have the "best in class" SQ...not that it's terrible mind you, far from it, and I can't see how it would be a problem when you're out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back