1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Next

Last
  1. Churchill Wu
    Has anyone had balance issue with the MTWs? Just got mine and it seems the audio is skewed to the right... Wondering if it's a fit issue or defective unit. Really frustrating cuz I switched to these from the 65ts because of their balance issue.

2. dweaver
    None on my pair. Have you tried different sized tips. My ears are slightly different in size and I have to use large on one side and medium on the other.

3. webvan
    Not skewed on the same side are they ? I'm asking because it seems my own hearing is maybe a tad weaker on the right and I think I need to factor that when listening with headphones now :wink:

4. smaragd
    Good point... a friend had the same “issue” which turned out to be a wax plug on one side...
    Wouldn’t hurt to have ones ears checked to rule out that the plug is causing the imbalance...

5. Churchill Wu
    Thanks everyone, all very good points. I have tested two other sets of IEMs I own and they are balanced, I also tried out two different sets of the MTWs before buying them and those demos also sounded completely fine, so I am reasonably convinced that it is slight defect. It is strange that nobody else had the same issue but alas I guess that is just my luck (perhaps Santa doesn't like me). Reached out to Sennheiser about it, hopefully warranty process is smooth or better yet the earbuds fix themselves with some use.

6. smaragd
    Could also be a fit issue, if the stem tube is squished a bit more on one side as the other side due to fit issues and size difference it may have a different sound causing imbalance.
    Try with various tips and if the problem persist return the faulty ones for a replacement.

7. james444 Contributor
  8. 05stisilver
    Since the Earin are on sale. How is their sound compared to the Senn MTW and the MW07?

9. korefuji
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  10. nc8000 Contributor
    Swedish

11. korefuji
  12. korefuji
    I’ll be returning the Jabra elite active 65t and waiting till better twes are released in 2019. Too many compromises. The sound stage of the jabras is dead compared to the senns and mw07, I’ve been ruined.

13. webvan
    Actually the 65Ts are probably the current TWEs with the fewest compromises, there's only one really, they don't have the "best in class" SQ...not that it's terrible mind you, far from it, and I can't see how it would be a problem when you're out and about.

14. korefuji
    I used them the other day and turned my head, left bud had dropouts. It was really disappointing

15. WesennTony
    It happened to my MW07 as well, occasionally when I put my phone in the left pocket.

First

Back
215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Next

Last