Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 24, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #3,316 of 62,184
I'm starting to get itchy about MTW :) Could you compare the difference in Sound between these two? Or if you have other Senns headphones, could you tell me which it is more similar to? Currently I have IE800, HD1, HD6xx, HD700 and HD800. Thanks.
I don't not have any other Sennheiser headphones but to put it short as they are still a bit new to me. The Senns are more of a fun yet detailed headphones with big accurate bass, reminds me more of a headphone.
As for the MW07, they are very accurate and detailed. They do have great bass as well just not as powerful. The bass is more controlled and the highs are clear and present, some may get ear figure after awhile but with the short battery life you should not have to worry about that.
I think they are both great. Being Xmas week I have 4 days off and I'm trying to get a lot of time in with both. I'm listening to the Senns now but spent a few hours doing things around the house with the MW07.

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #3,317 of 62,184
I don't not have any other Sennheiser headphones but to put it short as they are still a bit new to me. The Senns are more of a fun yet detailed headphones with big accurate bass, reminds me more of a headphone.
As for the MW07, they are very accurate and detailed. They do have great bass as well just not as powerful. The bass is more controlled and the highs are clear and present, some may get ear figure after awhile but with the short battery life you should not have to worry about that.
I think they are both great. Being Xmas week I have 4 days off and I'm trying to get a lot of time in with both. I'm listening to the Senns now but spent a few hours doing things around the house with the MW07.
Thanks a lot for the details. Looks like mtw is more v-shaped, not a typical Senns tuning. If you're interested you may try Spiral dots on mw07. That gives you more bass punch.

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #3,318 of 62,184
Thanks a lot for the details. Looks like mtw is more v-shaped, not a typical Senns tuning. If you're interested you may try Spiral dots on mw07. That gives you more bass punch.
Remember that the Senns has a Eq so you can put it how you want and it handles it well. The MW07 has no eq or app to download so it is what it is.

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #3,319 of 62,184
To my ears, the senns sound warmer bordering on booming. You can tone down the boom with the eq which helps but they still do not sparkle as much as the mw07. If you prefer that signature the MTW is a good choice. I agree the mw07 are more balanced but there is plenty of bass punch in them. Also, I found the soundstage in the mw07 to be superior. The senns are closed in in comparison.

Dec 24, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #3,326 of 62,184
@WesennTony
I think you'd be happy with either one really, both have there pros and cons. I like switching back and forth but as I said earlier I ever so slightly prefer the Senns if I had to choose.
Great! I'll stick with mw07 FTM. I'm not a fan of touch control on mtw, easy to mess up. Also EQ seems not helpful to me. Some songs are getting better, others worse.
Thanks again!

Dec 24, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #3,327 of 62,184
Quick update on the "left bud hiss" issue on my 65T: Jabra is going to replace the left earbud (!).

Here's hoping that's all there is to it. Once I get it and do some testing, I'll report back.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Best of luck, five sets had that hiss for me.

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #3,328 of 62,184
Best of luck, five sets had that hiss for me.
Was this the Active version or standard? I'm pretty sensitive to hiss and I didn't notice any of that on the Active model (Best Buy exclusive Titanium color).

I actually eneded up returning them, but not because there was anything wrong with them. While the sound was perfectly fine, the best I could categorize it as is "inoffensive". It wasn't "exciting" or anything that was specifically noteworthy. It's like cheese pizza. Good, but plain. The EQ had only a modest effect.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #3,329 of 62,184
Yes some reviews are confusing because they refer to the "transparency" mode (the outside sound gets mixed in to allow you to interact) as "noise cancelling" for some reason.

I have the QC20 that are probably pretty close to the QC30 and it's a very different concept from TWEs. The Bose don't really have any passive isolation to speak of so with the ANC on you basically filter out the background noise and can still talk to people. With TWEs like the Senns or Jabras that have strong passive isolation you can't interact unless you activate the transparency mode. TBH I'm a bit undecided as to what's "best". I suppose the diminutive form factor of the TWEs would win the day. Besides the 65Ts are really not fatiguing (can't speak for the Senns) and are really decently priced.
I have owned the QC20 and 30. The 20 had very high ANC actually more than the 30 in my opinion. But had less sound quality because the ANC was so strong. You will lose that "silence" that ANC gives. If you fly a lot ANC is also the best option.

But I find the MTW isolates enough that I use them on the bus and walking around and love their sound even in noisy environments. The isolation is dependent on them fitting in you concha well and tips. My wife could not wear them for example as she has an unusual ear shape. Foe me they fit like a glove. As for comfort Bise is simply the most comfortable tip design ever. Having said that the MTW are a shallow fit tip so are pretty comfortable too.

I suggest buying from Amazon or Sennheiser direct so you can return them if you fit issues.

Sound wise I think the MTW slay any Bose I have owned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back