Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 23, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #3,286 of 62,086
What's your feedback on it? Most of those Chi-Fi units I've purchased (and returned) have had horrible connection issues between the earbuds and a high noise floor.
It's been a year since I last tried some Chi-Fi TWS and I gotta say these two are much improved in terms of ease of pairing/connection. I just got another in (Aermoo B3 also IPX7) and it is really an eye opener. The SQ is really good despite being only SBC with rich sound and a slight bass bump. Range on both are not bad... wondering if it's due to BT5.0 (speaking of which, do you (or anyone reading this) know how to check if it is in fact utilizing BT 5.0 (again I'm aware of Dev options but that only shows Codec, not BT version). Need more time with both and will post impressions but as for the Eancrys, I just couldn't get a good seal on the left ear with any of their tips as well as some extras I had lying around so I gave them to my wife and it fits her perfectly (the IPX7 did live it up to expectation, took shower with them on and no issues or drop outs). The Aermoo fit perfectly with the mid size tips and thus far I'm REALLY enjoying these (for reference thus far I like the SQ of the Sony WI-1000X best, in terms of TWS, I also have Bose SSF (good but slightly boomy bass) and Nuforce BeFree8 (pretty good also).

Dec 23, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #3,287 of 62,086
Finally got the MTW to connect to my phone again. Still going to RMA it as its been flaky, hopefully it just my pair.

Really love the sound as mentioned by Howdy, very addicting.

Dec 23, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #3,288 of 62,086
I have tried iconx 2018.
Samsung really solved the
Master slave issue all other
Have. Sq is good well balanced
Only when on board playing
I did not have good fit on running.
Other manufacturers should offer the same (on board and no master slave)

Dec 23, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #3,289 of 62,086
I've been listening to mw07 for about a month and really love the sound. I even prefer them over some wired over the ear headphones. In office I always put off hd6xx and put back on mw07 in the middle of a song, just for the sound, let alone convenience and comfort.
The eartips do make a difference. I tried Spiral dots, spinfit, symbia hybrids, Sony hybrids, and found that Sony EP-ex11 is the best companion to my taste. The sound becomes more smooth.

Dec 23, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #3,291 of 62,086
Hi, everyone

First-time poster here on Head Fi.

I've been following this thread for a while, mulling over the idea of going wireless with my audio.

I do most of my listening at the gym and at the office. I value good audio reproduction, but also solid call/mic quality and the ability to connect to multiple devices.

Given all of the above, I decided to go with the Jabra Elite Active 65T, and am pretty happy with my choice.

Except for one thing: that left-bud hiss :-/ I'll be takiyng to customer support since I've found instances of both Jabra saying this shouldn't happen and of customers saying their units don't have the issue.

But from the accounts here, and the fact that other models (MW07, for example) seem to exhibit the same behavior, i started to wonder: could it have something to do with the use of NFMI? If so, should I expect any option that uses the same technology to have this same issue?

On my unit, the hiss becomes apparent only after a specific volume step - say, once I go from 65 to 70%. Before that point it's inaudible/inexistent.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Ricardo

Dec 23, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #3,292 of 62,086
Hi, everyone

I've been following this thread for a while, mulling over the idea of going wireless with my audio.

I do most of my listening at the gym and at the office. I value good audio reproduction, but also solid call/mic quality and the ability to connect to multiple devices.

Given all of the above, I decided to go with the Jabra Elite Active 65T, and am pretty happy with my choice.

Except for one thing: that left-bud hiss :-/ I'll be takiyng to customer support since I've found instances of both Jabra saying this shouldn't happen and of customers saying their units don't have the issue.

But from the accounts here, and the fact that other models (MW07, for example) seem to exhibit the same behavior, i started to wonder: could it have something to do with the use of NFMI? If so, should I expect any option that uses the same technology to have this same issue?

On my unit, the hiss becomes apparent only after a specific volume step - say, once I go from 65 to 70%. Before that point it's inaudible/inexistent.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Ricardo

I had this exact problem, but with my first pair of Senn MTW. Got a replacement and it didn't have the problem. Get it replaced.

Dec 23, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #3,295 of 62,086
Neither did I from my mw07. But my first pair had another problem with the left bud. Half of the time where I took them out of the case, there was no sound coming from the left. Either I had to wait a couple of seconds so that the sound appeared magically, or if not I had to place them back to the case, close the lid, and take them out again. I exchanged them and my current pair are excellent.

Dec 23, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #3,296 of 62,086
Hi, everyone

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Ricardo
I dunno, maybe it’s my 60 yo ears, but don’t hear any hiss to speak of, not on my 65t elite, nor on my MW07. Latter are so good that they totally cured my Senns itch, which is really not like me.

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #3,297 of 62,086
I dunno, maybe it’s my 60 yo ears, but don’t hear any hiss to speak of, not on my 65t elite, nor on my MW07. Latter are so good that they totally cured my Senns itch, which is really not like me.
LOL, my Senns cured my MW07 itch :wink:. The good news is they both sound awesome. I generally hate having to deal with RMA stuff but I like the MTW enough I will go through that rather then give up on them.

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #3,298 of 62,086

I don't think it's your ears. I just hope I can get a properly working unit on the first exchange.

There's probably something tricky in the manufacturing, tuning and/or quality controlling these NFMI setups, and that works out to the relative high amounts of bad units that seem to be around.

Apart from this, highly impressed with the audio and call quality, hear through capabilities and battery life on the 65T.

I considered the MW07 and the MTW, but lack of availability, no multi-connect, etc, etc, makes the Jabra the best option for me, for the time being.

Let's see what 2019 will bring.

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #3,299 of 62,086
I don't think it's your ears. I just hope I can get a properly working unit on the first exchange.

There's probably something tricky in the manufacturing, tuning and/or quality controlling these NFMI setups, and that works out to the relative high amounts of bad units that seem to be around.

Apart from this, highly impressed with the audio and call quality, hear through capabilities and battery life on the 65T.

I considered the MW07 and the MTW, but lack of availability, no multi-connect, etc, etc, makes the Jabra the best option for me, for the time being.

Let's see what 2019 will bring.

I read further up that MW07 can connect to at least an Android phone and a Windows comp, and will play audio of whatever is playing, and will pause for a phone call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back