Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 17, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #19,966 of 62,163
Anyone tried both the Shanling MTW100 and the Mifo O7?
I'm struggling between these two and wondering which one has the better sound quality... Both have great reviews and are in the same price range here in Canada.
The mifo07 does have a really good sound quality, but don't expect thunderous bass and be mindful that it can't be listened at max volume. Mine is the dual BA drivers version.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #19,970 of 62,163
Are there any latency specs or comparisons between Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus and Apt-X Low Latency, in regards to the notional latency performance? The literature (marketing) around Stereo Plus is that it is supposed to reduce latency - but that appears to be against regular daisy-chained bluetooth transmission. Is Stereo Plus an actual low latency codec, like AptX-LL? Or is it just a "lower" (but still bad) latency codec?

Couldn't find any comparisons in my quick google.

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #19,971 of 62,163
Anyone tried EPZ S350? Looks like a very promising option with wireless charging, Type C and nice rainbow/gradient designs. HILL AUDIO compared it to Lypertek Tevi as opposed to Sabbat E12 in terms of SQ. However, it seems like Aliexpress stores are only listing the standard Realtek version and not QCC3026 variant.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I've tried the QCC3020 on the Sabbat E12 Ultra and Tronsmart Onyx Neo, and am less than impressed with the experience, at least on non-TWS+ devices. It still uses a master-slave connection and in some busy situations the buds will desync or skip. It's to the point I know exact locations downtown where this happens (at least with my phone). The fact that the music pauses temporarily is rather irritating compared to Realtek or Airoha options. The latency is only slightly better than other TWS but falls behind SBC speakers and AptX headphones. Regardless of codec Windows 10 has far better latency which is still noticeable but bearable for gaming. The problem comes if you are doing intensive tasks - SBC has a tendency to stutter while AptX devices are less likely to do this.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #19,972 of 62,163
Are there any latency specs or comparisons between Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus and Apt-X Low Latency, in regards to the notional latency performance? The literature (marketing) around Stereo Plus is that it is supposed to reduce latency - but that appears to be against regular daisy-chained bluetooth transmission. Is Stereo Plus an actual low latency codec, like AptX-LL? Or is it just a "lower" (but still bad) latency codec?

Couldn't find any comparisons in my quick google.
Two different things: Apt-X LL (where it exists) is a low latency variation of Apt-X so is a codec. Qualcomm TWS is a way to eliminate NFMI between the right and left and a proprietary variation of Bluetooth transmission. The only affect on latency TWS has is eliminating the delay between the two sides. You would need both to get the lowest latency.

If you care about latency then use wired since no variation currently is good enough, at least for for me, unless the program has latency compensation (e.g. Netflix).

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #19,973 of 62,163
Two different things: Apt-X LL (where it exists) is a low latency variation of Apt-X so is a codec. Qualcomm TWS is a way to eliminate NFMI between the right and left and a proprietary variation of Bluetooth transmission. The only affect on latency TWS has is eliminating the delay between the two sides. You would need both to get the lowest latency.

Ah ok. Then I guess my question then is: does Qualcomm TWS Plus actually support AptX-LL? (Or some low latency mode under AptX Adaptive)

Was only asking because the marketing on that sony H800 linked above was harping on about latency. But really, given it’s still using AAC or SBC, the latency is still going to suck!

If you care about latency then use wired since no variation currently is good enough, at least for for me, unless the program has latency compensation (e.g. Netflix).

I’m happy with AptX Low Latency. If I can get AptX-LL (or equivalent) over Qualcomm TWS Plus, I’d be happy! :)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #19,974 of 62,163
I just got the wf-1000xm3 as a birthday present to myself from myself. I'm really enjoying the sound and the eq options. The noise cancelling and ambient mode are both awesome. I was just wondering when in noise cancelling mode does anyone else hear an electric rustling sound in the right ear when music is paused? It's really not loud and almost impossible to hear when music is playing, but still irritating. It's there a firmware update our anything to fix it? The Nuarl NT01AX had a similar sound and was gone after a few firmware updates.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #19,975 of 62,163
Feb 18, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #19,976 of 62,163
Ah ok. Then I guess my question then is: does Qualcomm TWS Plus actually support AptX-LL? (Or some low latency mode under AptX Adaptive)

Was only asking because the marketing on that sony H800 linked above was harping on about latency. But really, given it’s still using AAC or SBC, the latency is still going to suck!

I’m happy with AptX Low Latency. If I can get AptX-LL (or equivalent) over Qualcomm TWS Plus, I’d be happy! :)
I'm sure since they are both Qualcomm that TWS Plus supports AptX in all variations. As I said, they are independent of each other.

The marketing says "
Perfect for TV shows, movies and more
Watching video content on your smartphone or tablet? Unlike some wireless headphones, the low-latency wireless connection on the WF-H800 syncs what you see on screen precisely with what you hear on your headphones."

Which translated suggests that they have latency compensation when playing video, though actually I think that is mainly the responsibility of the player app/OS, rather than they having much low latency smarts in the headphone. It will be interesting to see if the H800 is any different from the ANC earlier version (WF-1000XM3) regarding latency...

----
As I said previously, if you're looking for audio/video latency that's good for video editing or highly reactive gaming then we're still way off even if you manage to get an AptX-LL with TWS Plus headphone with a device that supports both.

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #19,977 of 62,163
Feb 18, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #19,978 of 62,163
Anyone try the Galaxy Buds + yet? The look interesting. They describe a "dual driver" system and the illustrations show it as something a little different than what the typical BA looks like.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #19,979 of 62,163
The mifo07 does have a really good sound quality, but don't expect thunderous bass and be mindful that it can't be listened at max volume. Mine is the dual BA drivers version.

Thanks a lot for this short description, it’s appreciated.
I’m not a basshead anyway (I prefer a more neutral and balanced sound).
So, can you tell a bit how does the O7 sounds in terms of treble? I’m a bit concerned since I’m a bit treble-sensitive (especially sibilance)…
And how does it sounds vs the Samsung Galaxy Buds?

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #19,980 of 62,163
Thanks a lot for this short description, it’s appreciated.
I’m not a basshead anyway (I prefer a more neutral and balanced sound).
So, can you tell a bit how does the O7 sounds in terms of treble? I’m a bit concerned since I’m a bit treble-sensitive (especially sibilance)…
And how does it sounds vs the Samsung Galaxy Buds?

I have the Mifo O7 as well and think you should give them a try. For me, they have a great studio monitor sound profile. I actually find the bass perfect, though would agree it’s not for bass-heads.

I bought mine on Amazon US and someone else bought theirs from MifoDirect. Theirs has “New” on the label and they seem to have some low frequency clipping issues, something I and others have not had.

in my opinion, the most important thing is to get it from someone that is easy to return to. QC of all these ear pods seems to be a little suspect, though some (1TX driver flex for instance) are worse than others.

I use my O7s with these Misodiko foam tips and LOVE the combo!

Misodiko TWS-Pro Earbuds -> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJKTHSG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back